St Thomas Academy @ Edina

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which Cake Eater School Will Advance?

The Cadets
29%
The Hornets
71%

Total votes: 31

HShockeywatcher

St Thomas Academy @ Edina

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Although I'm sure many have changed their minds after Saturday's game, these two were the two who got the most votes for winning the Silver Cup. Edina is probably favored, being that their only common game is against Cretin, where St Thomas got embarrassed and Edina came out on top.
Nash61

Post by Nash61 »

I think STA will be pissed about their game against Cretin and come out flying and physical. I think it should be a good game if Crandall is on his game and STA starts putting away some goals.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

sta is overrated and edina hasnt lost since the chaska upset! if they wouldnt have lost that game, they would have to be put into the top 3 or 4. their best guys are sophmores!!! look out in 2 years!!! they are gunna be deadly
saintpaulhockey

STA vs Edina

Post by saintpaulhockey »

Don't compare the two with their games vs CDH because CDH played like they should against STA and had a bad game vs Edina. Seeing both teams play I would say even game with Edina wining in a close game. CDH wins tourney though.
boblee

Post by boblee »

I'll take...

Edina 5
STA 3
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

If STA's defense and goaltender come out to play they should win. But so far they havent been impressive in big games, but I think STA will turn it around. With that being said, STA wins 4-3
topshelf10

Edina vs. STA

Post by topshelf10 »

This is going to be a sweet game... I think a high probability of overtime

Edina 2
STA 1

In overtime... Reber gets the goal
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

There is no way the cadets will hang with edina..Reber Leer Budish and the entire hornets team will eat apart the cadets. I'll give them 2 goals at the most.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Edina 6-2
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

i think edina will win this one but i wish this game was on tv im also rooting for edina to make it to the finals so i can see them play on tv and check out these sophmores people are talkin about edina 5-2
HShockeywatcher

Why not go to it then? I know I'll be there. I voted for Edina because I like it when the polls go my way, but I'll be cheering for the Cadets. Hope the D wakes up and plays the game of their lives.
passer07

Post by passer07 »

by watching st.thomas play against cretin d hall im going to say edina 4 to 2 with the victory.
HShockeywatcher

As everyone who has seen them play has said that was an off day for St Thomas. And that Cretin team lost to Marshall. But I know nothing of Edina except the scores which prove nothing. PS2 had St Thomas winning by a close one, and now they have Edina winning a close one. I say unless one team has a really off game like St Thomas did it will be a close one. And the loser wins to consolation bracket. My hopes are for St Thomas, but my vote is still for Edina.
speakingthetruth

Post by speakingthetruth »

Edina 4

STA 1

Edina's Sophomore class gets 2 goals in the Hornets victory!
dangles07

stma

Post by dangles07 »

sta 4

edina 0

crandall decides to show up and anders lee gets a hatty against some old teammates
boblee

Post by boblee »

Any updates here?
HShockeywatcher

Edina wins 4-3 28 seconds into OT.

Box Score
0 2 1 0 St Thomas
1 0 2 1 Edina

St Thomas really stepped up today. Crandall played an amazing game. One of the Edina goals in the 3rd was pretty, but the other was bad defense. Edina is big, really fast, and most of their team can handle the puck REALLY well. Bottom line, St Thomas stepped up today, made a few crucial errors; the better team won.
droppin'gloves

Post by droppin'gloves »

Any word on who scored for both sides?
dangles07

scorers

Post by dangles07 »

for sta it was lee, vannelli, and isackson scoring the goals
HShockeywatcher

dangles, what did you think of the game?
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

Heard Crandall gave the last goal away. Whoever was there, elaborate.
ocanadaourhome

Post by ocanadaourhome »

Cristo wrote:Heard Crandall gave the last goal away. Whoever was there, elaborate.
28 seconds into OT, Crandall played a long clearing pass, which was intercepted by Edina's Leer who shot and scored. Crandall played fantastic, tough way to lose the game. A good team does not give up a two goal lead with 8 minutes left. STA skated four lines to the end. Go figure, instead of Go Cadets.....
breakout

Post by breakout »

I would imagine that Edina skated two lines most of the game?

I believe Edina has the momentum to win the tournament. Then, they should be noted as a top 3 team.

I am going out there tonight. Looking forward to it.
HShockeywatcher

Ummm, probably the one mistake Crandall made all game, there were about 5 other guys on his side of the blue line, no need for him to try to clear it. Really tough break. A split second decision and he messed up.

Not that huge of a deal. Although the highest in the tournament they can get is 5th, it's still three games, and if their only loss is to Edina by 1 goal, that might actually bring them up in any rankings.
dangles07

Post by dangles07 »

who cares about rankings its all about winning and goin to the tourney in march