Hill Murray @ Duluth East

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will Hill Murray still be undefeated?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:34 am

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 23

boblee

Post by boblee »

Leis quick with the glove...and now the Greyhounds need to score to tie.

Keegan is up... Phillippi wins it.

H-M wins the shootout 1-0.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

East's shooters didn't have much for moves in the shoot-out.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Wow, I really did not see Hill losing this, especially after being up 3-0. What happened?
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

HShockeywatcher, They did not lose! :?
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

southernmnscout wrote:HShockeywatcher, They did not lose! :?
They didn't win either! They advanced!
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

And advancing is all that matters in a tournament?
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Hill is overrated! yep.... I said it OVERRATED! I agree... they didnt win, they advanced, and yes it all that matters they advanced playing a team that lost to ANOKA for god sake! Sorry Anoka... I mean you no shame!

The Gunslinger
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

This Hill team is a good team, not a great team. Thier top can play with anyone & Larson is special. However, they are relatively young hopefully will improve as the season rolls on. I expect them to lose by 2-3 goals tomorrow and then take 3rd. They are a year away from being dominant. But still, an entertaining game and fun for the boys to advance.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Aint Proud

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:They are a year away....
Barely past Christmas and NoPrideGuy is already waiting 'til next season!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

The Pioneers will be competitive this year but dominant next year. Big difference AP. Just keeping it real. Nice club this year, and in a year with no dominant teams (see Moorhead) Hill will be able to play with anyone. A look at their roster shows the only loss of signifcance next year will be Larson. This is the fewest number (and quality) of seniors at Hill in many many years. Teams better get into the this year because next year watch out. Lech will bring the young kids around and they will be ready come sections. Today provided numerous teaching opportunities (3-0 lead on a decent opponent) and the kids will benefit from the experience.
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

Centennial will only get better in years to come as well. Juniors were bantam state runner ups. Sophomores were bantam state champs. This years bantams were Pee Wee A state champs two year ago. Section 3 will be scary as usual for many years to come.
slapshooter

5,956th post by the "Great One" Still Undefeated

Post by slapshooter »

What'd I tell ya? :twisted:

SImageS
Sparlimb

The Tie doesn't bother me

Post by Sparlimb »

Hill was the better team on the ice and should have won in regulation. No one here has pointed it out, but as states on Hill's website, 4 of the last 5 games with Duluth East and Hill have had a game tying or winning goal in the last 6 seconds of the third period. Pretty crazy.

I had no doubt that Hill would win q good percentage if these teams played a prolonged series. East was scrappy and played well as they came back. But Im more worried about Hill playing games where they are clearly outclassed. Anyone, a fun game and congrats to East for coming back and playign so well...