Burnsville @ St Thomas

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:11 pm

St Thomas
78%
Burnsville
22%

Total votes: 18

HShockeywatcher

Burnsville @ St Thomas

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Both Lost by a goal. Who will be playing for the consolation?
boblee

Post by boblee »

STA 4
Burnsville 0
HShockeywatcher

I would not mind that. I guess the consolation looks relatively easy to take now. Same record as second place, and with the only loss being to Edina by 1, that's not too bad for the ratings.

I'll take St Thomas by 3.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

5-0 St. Thomas
Third times a charm.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

STA 6
BVille 2
hockeyfan3

Post by hockeyfan3 »

St. Thomas will not blow out Burnsville. This could go either way but I'm gonna say STA 4 Burnsville 3.
murraychadwick

Post by murraychadwick »

I agree. If B'ville can play 5 v 5 they will be able to keep it close and let the dice roll at the end of the game. If special teams become a big issue I think the Cadets will pick them apart.
ocanadaourhome

Closer than you think.

Post by ocanadaourhome »

hockeyfan3 wrote:St. Thomas will not blow out Burnsville. This could go either way but I'm gonna say STA 4 Burnsville 3.
Burnsville is very scrappy and keeps coming at you. They outshot BSM 17-4 in the second period. This game will not be easy for the cadets who would rather shoot than pass. Crandall will be needed again.
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

Da Blaze-3
Da Cadets-2
boblee

Post by boblee »

Johnny_Murphy wrote:Da Blaze-3
Da Cadets-2
:shock:
minnhock10

Post by minnhock10 »

A little bit of an upset.

Burnsville 4 en
STA 2
HShockeywatcher

For one, Crandall is the reason the Cadets were able to stay in that game. He probably made more amazing saves than the other goalie saw shots in the first two periods.

They need to work on defense and they will have a whole team and can skate with anyone, until they get defense though, their offense should step up.

"A team that would rather pass than shoot"? Not sure if you've watched their last two games, but they got terribly out shot in the 1st and 2nd periods against Edina, it was 12-4 and 10-2 I think. After their first goal in the 3rd someone in the stands yelled "keep shooting!" I know Nick Larson is pretty good, but he brings the puck up and instead of shooting just doesn't and missed probably 5 or 6 scoring chances the last two games.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

A little bit of an upset.

Burnsville 4 en
STA 2
minnhock10- that would be considered a huge upset. to have bville score 3 goals on crandall and only hold STA to 2, would be very big for bville. I do not think bville is capable of this, they are not as good as they have been in the past.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

STA- 4
Burnsville- 1

Burnsville's goalie looked questionable the night i saw him. Burnsville won't have enough for this one.
breakout

Post by breakout »

This might be closer than some expect. Burnsville has a very good first line. They could make some noise against the suspect D of STA. If Crandell is not at his best, STA could be in for an upset.

Burnsville 3 STA 2
ocanadaourhome

Post by ocanadaourhome »

STA 5-2

Third period they finally figure out the magic behind moving the puck... Still lots of things to figure out for the cadets.
"A team that would rather pass than shoot"? Not sure if you've watched their last two games, but they got terribly out shot in the 1st and 2nd periods against Edina, it was 12-4 and 10-2 I think. After their first goal in the 3rd someone in the stands yelled "keep shooting!" I know Nick Larson is pretty good, but he brings the puck up and instead of shooting just doesn't and missed probably 5 or 6 scoring chances the last two games."
Could I get someone to decipher the above? HS, just don't inhale.

:wink:
stars612

Post by stars612 »

ocanadaourhome wrote:STA 5-2

Third period they finally figure out the magic behind moving the puck... Still lots of things to figure out for the cadets.
"A team that would rather pass than shoot"? Not sure if you've watched their last two games, but they got terribly out shot in the 1st and 2nd periods against Edina, it was 12-4 and 10-2 I think. After their first goal in the 3rd someone in the stands yelled "keep shooting!" I know Nick Larson is pretty good, but he brings the puck up and instead of shooting just doesn't and missed probably 5 or 6 scoring chances the last two games."
Could I get someone to decipher the above? HS, just don't inhale.

:wink:
He even got the team wrong... Nick Larson plays for Hill :D
Third times a charm.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

I stand corrected by myself... Nick Larson also plays for STA. Call me crazy but I think it's against the rules for him to play on more than one team... :D
Third times a charm.
ocanadaourhome

Seperated at birth.

Post by ocanadaourhome »

The HS league will allow players attending private schools to play for more than one team, provided they are in difference classes. This is why Nick can play for both STA and Hill. Its very simple. :wink:
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Its all clear now... :D
Third times a charm.
HShockeywatcher

Actually 2 different people, but thanks for not believing.

So, was 5-2 the final then?

What about what I wrote can't you understand? It was in response to someone saying St Thomas needs to learn how to pass and not shoot so much, when in reality if you know anything about them, they get outshot in almost all their games...
HShockeywatcher

Any updates? I can't find a result anywhere.
ocanadaourhome

Post by ocanadaourhome »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Actually 2 different people, but thanks for not believing.

So, was 5-2 the final then?

What about what I wrote can't you understand? It was in response to someone saying St Thomas needs to learn how to pass and not shoot so much, when in reality if you know anything about them, they get outshot in almost all their games...
They were outshot against DM by three shots. Edina outshot them 36-16. They have outshot everyone else including their loss to CDH! If you knew anything about them, you would do some homework before you post.

I know your mathrunner. Just come clean. [-X
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

You sure you've been watching HS hockey, HSHockeyWatcher?