Cloquet VS Brainerd Jan 2nd

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

'Jacks stay undefeated

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 55

cu@darink

Post by cu@darink »

I was very impressed with CEC. They clearly were the deeper of the two teams. I agree with the oldtimer. Can they do something at the dance or will they be just happy to get there?
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

Sounds like it was a great game and another solid effort by Brainerd. Brainerd keep up the solid work, but please be humble!
boblee

Post by boblee »

I've read that Cloquet's depth is what drives them on. And that is true. Roe-Defoe-Lundquist can put the puck in the net just as much as the Johnson line.
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

As much as everyone has their favorite team in 7AA as an outstate fan I would like to see CEC make it. I really enjoyed GR run, but I kind of got tired of watching DE make year after year-other than when Sphehar was there. Just my rambling thoughts
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

Hova wrote:
nhl06 wrote: nhl06, obviously your a little more noticable, but definetly not the loudest :wink: .
Yea it wasn't too hard to miss me, i think EVERY person in attendence saw me!
DSID
boblee

Post by boblee »

nhl06 wrote:
Hova wrote:
nhl06 wrote: nhl06, obviously your a little more noticable, but definetly not the loudest :wink: .
Yea it wasn't too hard to miss me, i think EVERY person in attendence saw me!
Hey, noteverinschool06...you might as well hold up a sign at all brainerd games saying I am...and list the 14 different names you've had on this "bored"
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

boblee wrote:
nhl06 wrote:
Hova wrote: Yea it wasn't too hard to miss me, i think EVERY person in attendence saw me!
Hey, noteverinschool06...you might as well hold up a sign at all brainerd games saying I am...and list the 14 different names you've had on this "bored"
6 feet 5 inches.....red hair....how can i not be seen??? And the only name that matters is the one i am respected for :D NHL06

I have open 4th hour right now BY THE WAY
DSID
boblee

Post by boblee »

NHL06, check your inbox
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

Again boblee your welcome for keeping you updated on the Cloquet Brainerd game
DSID
Indian Head

Post by Indian Head »

Nhl I think coach Hendrickson has called a special practice for you to attend. It's too bad there isn't a Girls Basketball board you could post on you might have more insight on that subject. Why is it that you talk like you know the game I doubt you could skate on double runners. You are giving the respectable posters from Brainerd a bad name. I think you should see if you could pass the hazing from The Shady Bunch. If you can you could possibly continue to post. If not go back to the Gym push the small pumpkin around as I don't think you can handle the big balls the boys use.
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

Indian Head wrote:Nhl I think coach Hendrickson has called a special practice for you to attend. It's too bad there isn't a Girls Basketball board you could post on you might have more insight on that subject. Why is it that you talk like you know the game I doubt you could skate on double runners. You are giving the respectable posters from Brainerd a bad name. I think you should see if you could pass the hazing from The Shady Bunch. If you can you could possibly continue to post. If not go back to the Gym push the small pumpkin around as I don't think you can handle the big balls the boys use.
GOOD ONE!!! i am sure you handle them pretty well?
DSID
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

Indian Head wrote:I think you should see if you could pass the hazing from The Shady Bunch.
Hey Head, I hear "The Shady Bunch" is gonna set Dangslow :^o up on a blind (drunk) date with GR19 :-({|= during the section 7AA final game between Rapids & Brainerd =P~ Those two deserve each other :lol:

Syd 8)
nhl06

Post by nhl06 »

Syd Barrett wrote:
Indian Head wrote:I think you should see if you could pass the hazing from The Shady Bunch.
Hey Head, I hear "The Shady Bunch" is gonna set Dangslow :^o up on a blind (drunk) date with GR19 :-({|= during the section 7AA final game between Rapids & Brainerd =P~ Those two deserve each other :lol:

Syd 8)
wow syd your a comedian....SO BACK TO THE GAME, the upcoming cloquet brainerd game will be a dandy!
DSID
big_thurst

Post by big_thurst »

nhl06 wrote: the upcoming cloquet brainerd game will be a dandy!
Someone's looking forward to the date eh? :lol:
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

NHL06 (Dangle) + GR19= NGHRL 25

8)
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
boblee

Post by boblee »

Indian Head wrote:It's too bad there isn't a Girls Basketball board you could post on you might have more insight on that subject.
There is a Girl's Basketball board
Hova

Post by Hova »

OK NOW...back to hockey.

I was wondering if anyone had an update on Snider's eye. I know that he still wears the prescription googles, and I dont know when he will be getting them off. Im sure that the googles bother him a little bit, so I cannot wait to see how he performs without them. But still a .925 save percentage vs. Cloquet, pretty impressive in my eyes.
Jack Attack

Post by Jack Attack »

This thread seems to be over-populated by Brainerd fans so i figured a cloquet perspective is needed on the game.

The first 5 minutes of the game the Warriors came out flying, it looked as if they would set the pace for the game. They looked like they wanted it more than the Jacks did. The Lumberjacks soon picked up the pace and started playing to the level that they knew the Warriors couldnt reach.

the second period was clearly dominated by the Lumberjacks with twice as many shots on net.

the third period was still controlled by the jacks but they seemed to play a little less agressive as to protect their lead.

The jacks had 5 solid pipe shots that bounced out too far for rebounds. they also had many rebound opportunities that they just couldnt bury. i was really impressed with the Brainerd boys clearing out traffic infront of the net, they didnt let the Jacks get their sticks on the rebounds.

Brainerds only goals were scored on powerplays :wink:. The refs didnt seem to care for the home team tonight calling three bad penalties on cloquet, 2 of them being Tyler Johnson. i thought alot more calls should have been made towards brainerd with all their stick work that is suppose to be controlled this year.

Cloquet's second line was unstopable last night. Roe, Lundquist, and DeFoe are one powerful, hard working line. They had a few very impressive hits. Lundquist and DeFoe are two big boys.

The Jacks should have won by a much larger margin than they did!
Sincerely,
Jack
Ernie McCracken

HUMBLE

Post by Ernie McCracken »

And that is about as humble as it gets. Watch and learn brainerd fans. Humble is sayin the goalie will need sunscreen for his neck. Humble is saying Johnson will put in 4 in this one. All humble remarks made by not necessarily 'jack fans, but the same hypocrites that hype on NHL for his comments.

The Worriers should be happy to have this carrot-top look alike doing stand up on the minnhock stage. And he/she is usually right, too. Now back to the bowling....looks like a tough 7-10 split comin up.

-ask scearcy if its humble to pitch to Mauer at state...

NHL06 making his/her pitch to the SHADYBUNCH

PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Nice photo
nhl06

Re: HUMBLE

Post by nhl06 »

Ernie McCracken wrote:And that is about as humble as it gets. Watch and learn brainerd fans. Humble is sayin the goalie will need sunscreen for his neck. Humble is saying Johnson will put in 4 in this one. All humble remarks made by not necessarily 'jack fans, but the same hypocrites that hype on NHL for his comments.

The Worriers should be happy to have this carrot-top look alike doing stand up on the minnhock stage. And he/she is usually right, too. Now back to the bowling....looks like a tough 7-10 split comin up.

-ask scearcy if its humble to pitch to Mauer at state...

NHL06 making his/her pitch to the SHADYBUNCH

That you for defending me!

It's fine though, i dont think they can even spell hyprocrite in Cloquet!
DSID
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: HUMBLE

Post by east hockey »

nhl06 wrote: It's fine though, i dont think they can even spell hyprocrite in Cloquet!
And, apparently, they can't in Brainerd, either.

:lol:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Indian Head

Post by Indian Head »

Hey NHL-zero where's your River Lakes @ Brainerd topic? Another ? for ya. Any news on the key injury? If your so close to the team you should know about this already. Or maybe the news happened while Henny was running you through your game plan this week.
great hockey mind

Post by great hockey mind »

what knee injury ?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

He said key injury, not knee injury. Do they not know how to read up there either?

8)
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls