AHA vs. Centennial

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Will AHA end Centennial's undefeated at the X streak?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 45

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Well if you wanna go into quality of transfers, then you can take a lot of the AHA players of those lists.

Mike Tosney, first line prior lake varsity, 2nd line AHA Jv. Transfered back to PL.
Connor Clark, Southwest to AHA. Played some solid JV.

Ryan Anderson, got cut his first year, JV second, transfered to Eastview.

Aaron Neville, fourth line var at AHA. Played like 17 seconds at the end of the Moorhead game in 2005.

So suddenly if you count quality players you have a list of about two. Tyler Hawkins who transfered in as a sophomore, and Taylor Matson.
Third times a charm.

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:06 pm

stars612 wrote:Well if you wanna go into quality of transfers, then you can take a lot of the AHA players of those lists.

Mike Tosney, first line prior lake varsity, 2nd line AHA Jv. Transfered back to PL.

Aaron Neville, fourth line var at AHA. Played like 17 seconds at the end of the Moorhead game in 2005.

So suddenly if you count quality players you have a list of about two. Tyler Hawkins who transfered in as a sophomore, and Taylor Matson

So where did the rest of the team come from? The community of Holy Angels?

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:14 pm

Funny how when Centennial was doing so well at the youth level they never ran into Cretin, Hill, Benilde, Holy Angels, Totino, Breck, Blake, Lourdes, or Duluth Marshall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:17 pm

east hockey wrote:
stars612 wrote:Private schools vs. Public schools transfers.

18-18 if you count players transfering to Shattuck. If not, more kids open enrolled to public schools than private. Thanks for playing.
Your "statistic" is more than slightly misleading, considering how many public schools there are versus private schools. A more telling stat is that a far higher percentage of private school players were transfers than those who transferred to public schools. Simple math.

Thank you for playing. It's not often where an argument is so easily rebutted.

Lee
See now we have a solid argument. Better than just, "private schools suck for recruiting" when you can't back it up what so ever.

Lee, I'm not sure that you should be backing them up on this one. I seem to see a couple kids who transfered to East after playing at other schools... :D. How about Turnbull and Colin Traschel. They both came from out of state to play hockey at East. Hum...
Third times a charm.

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm

BIAFP wrote:
stars612 wrote:Well if you wanna go into quality of transfers, then you can take a lot of the AHA players of those lists.

So suddenly if you count quality players you have a list of about two. Tyler Hawkins who transfered in as a sophomore, and Taylor Matson

So where did the rest of the team come from? The community of Holy Angels?
Played together since freshman year in highschool.
Third times a charm.

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm

I do not want a seperate tourney for privates but I would like to see a one class tourney again. If that happened you would see a dropoff in the amount of kids transferring to privates. If there was a private tourney, which I hope never happens there would be a dramatic drop off in transfers.

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm

Where does Centennial get its players from?

The community of Centennial?

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:22 pm

Centennial gets them from the finest youth program in the state. The communities are Circle Pines, Lino Lakes, Blaine and Centerville. Most of the players come from Lino Lakes.

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:24 pm

carpenterguy wrote:I do not want a seperate tourney for privates but I would like to see a one class tourney again. If that happened you would see a dropoff in the amount of kids transferring to privates. If there was a private tourney, which I hope never happens there would be a dramatic drop off in transfers.
A dramatic drop off? Are you kidding me?

The teams that are stacked now (AHA ,Hill, CDH, Marshall, etc) would be in the tournament. Where do you think the scouts would be? Do kids want to get looked at by scouts? Yup.

Sorry my friend but the number of transfers would increase because the level of play would be so much higher.
Third times a charm.

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:25 pm

stars612 wrote:
carpenterguy wrote:I do not want a seperate tourney for privates but I would like to see a one class tourney again. If that happened you would see a dropoff in the amount of kids transferring to privates. If there was a private tourney, which I hope never happens there would be a dramatic drop off in transfers.

The teams that are stacked now (AHA ,Hill, CDH, Marshall, etc) would be in the tournament. Where do you think the scouts would be? Do kids want to get looked at by scouts? Yup.

Sorry my friend but the number of transfers would increase because the level of play would be so much higher.
I've been around the game a long time and I would bet my house that it would drop off dramatically. The fan base would be tiny and no tv coverage.

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 pm

packerboy wrote:Where does Centennial get its players from?

The community of Centennial?
Centennial is the name of the school you brain surgeon, just like Greenway. Can you find Greenway on a map? WOW :roll:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:27 pm

stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

18-18 if you count players transfering to Shattuck. If not, more kids open enrolled to public schools than private. Thanks for playing.
Your "statistic" is more than slightly misleading, considering how many public schools there are versus private schools. A more telling stat is that a far higher percentage of private school players were transfers than those who transferred to public schools. Simple math.

Lee
See now we have a solid argument. Better than just, "private schools suck for recruiting" when you can't back it up what so ever.

Lee, I'm not sure that you should be backing them up on this one. I seem to see a couple kids who transfered to East after playing at other schools... :D. How about Turnbull and Colin Traschel. They both came from out of state to play hockey at East. Hum...
I never said players didn't transfer to East. The point of my post was simply to point out the mistaken logic in your post. But thanks for trying to turn this into a "well, what about East?" debate. A Red Herring to be sure.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:28 pm

carpenterguy wrote:
stars612 wrote:

I've been around the game a long time and I would bet my house that it would drop off dramatically. The fan base would be tiny and no tv coverage.
Yup so it would basically turn into a junior league. Higher level of play than highschool, less fans, no tv coverage, and a lot more players going on to play higher levels of hockey.

Go ahead and rip me apart when I'm not here to defend myself. I'm going to the Mariucci Classic to watch the Goph's rip some no name team apart.
Third times a charm.

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:30 pm

The last time there was a private school tourney nobody new about it.

Private schools have flourished since the two class system along with people looking the other way in regards to students moving all over the place for sports in both public and private schools. History backs me up on that.

stars612

Post by stars612 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:32 pm

east hockey wrote:
stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee

I never said players didn't transfer to East. The point of my post was simply to point out the mistaken logic in your post. But thanks for trying to turn this into a "well, what about East?" debate. A Red Herring to be sure.

Lee
I'm not trying to turn it into a "what about East" debate. I made a point that it is ridiculous to only accuse private schools of recruiting. But thanks for trying to play the mardur.
Third times a charm.

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Who is only accusing private schools of recruiting? I have said that I have a much bigger problem with the few publics that do it.

History proves that the privates have flourished since the two class system and the ability to move around at will. Before that it was mainly Hill and the rest.

Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Mardur??? Looks like that private school education didn't pay off. :lol:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:34 pm

stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee

Lee
I'm not trying to turn it into a "what about East" debate. I made a point that it is ridiculous to only accuse private schools of recruiting. But thanks for trying to play the mardur.
Mardur??!! :roll:

Now that is good and made a point in an entirely different direction.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:36 pm

Well even BIAFP has figured out that the subject is High School Hockey and and that when kids obtain a certain age and ability they play for thier high school and not community.

Quite a step.

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:38 pm

packerboy wrote:Well even BIAFP has figured out that the subject is High School Hockey and and that when kids obtain a certain age and ability they play for thier high school and not community.

Quite a step.
No, Minnesota is dangerously close to losing the community school image. It's a sad day when getting noticed and winning is more important then playing with your buddies.

I'm sure the Mike Antonovich's, and Neal Broten's of the world are sickened by it as well.

Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:40 pm

east hockey wrote:
stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
stars612 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee

Lee
Mardur??!! :roll:

Now that is good and made a point in an entirely different direction.

Lee
Not only is the spelling absolutely butchered, but the word is used in completely the wrong context. :lol:

southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:41 pm

Isn't this thread supposed to be AHA vs. Centennial? You guys even have the "message board arsonist since 2005" talking about something not related to the initial thread. But then again every thread that has anything to do with AHA becomes a private school "R" deal.

It is getting really old!
:?

Gordie07

Post by Gordie07 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:42 pm

BIAFP wrote:
stars612 wrote:[

AHA- Academy of Hockey All-stars the best team money can buy! blah blah blah! :roll:
Original. :roll:
Exactly!!! They are all ORIGINALLY from another hockey program :lol:[/quote]

Would you grow up. A lot of these kids went to catholic grade shool as well. Thats all I am going to say. This could go on forever.
Please no one respond to this. It is what it is, think what you want, your not going to be able to change it. The END

carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:42 pm

The State High School League agrees with you! :wink:

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:43 pm

packerboy wrote:Well even BIAFP has figured out that the subject is High School Hockey and and that when kids obtain a certain age and ability they play for thier high school and not community.

Quite a step.
Listen PeeWee- Allowing Private schools into the MSHSL has ruined the game of hockey in the great state of Minnesota forever. Go pound sand! The only way you have ever attended a State Tourney is by buying a ticket! :roll: