ot biggest bowl comeback in college history!

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nmnhockeyfan

ot biggest bowl comeback in college history!

Post by nmnhockeyfan »

glen mason must go! when your winning 38-7 with alittel over seven min
left in the 3rd quater and you lose in overtime 44-41 something is wrong! the saddest part texas tech did not have to recover one onside kick to do! :evil:
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

fire him and the offensive coordinator, this is absolutely unacceptable
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Is this a joke? I saw the score at TGI Fridays and it was 21-0, then on the news it was 38-21 in the 4th. HOW?
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Is this a joke? I saw the score at TGI Fridays and it was 21-0, then on the news it was 38-21 in the 4th. HOW?
The question how, as was summed up by the Star Trib, can only be explained by reminding you that this is the Gophers, and this is pretty much par for the course for them. When the score turned 38-21, I pretty much got the feeling that the game was over and it was going to end with Texas Tech winning, there was little doubt in my mind. Pathetic breakdown, something that is a symbol of the Mason era.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

It's all true Empire. I saw a headline when I fired up my browser that said 'Texas Tech Makes Bowl History' and thought, 'That's not good'. Why am I not surprised that a Glen 'Coach For Life' Mason coached team chokes in historic fashion? They're going to have to change the mascot from a running Gopher to one with both of his hands around his throat.

So do I have to continue to put 'conundrum' in my posts after this? I'm not trying to get out of it but this certainly wipes out the goodwill brought on by beating Iowa.
boblee

Post by boblee »

What a horrible way to end this season...
ae_42

Post by ae_42 »

speaking of comebacks, who saw the boise state game?
GophyFan18

Post by GophyFan18 »

sachishi4 wrote:fire him and the offensive coordinator, this is absolutely unacceptable

The offensive coordinator doesn't need to be fired..the defensive one does. That should be enough points to win a game, especially if youre up by that much. Youre D should be able to hold that off. Sure the offense could cause some turnovers, but 40 points worth, that's the D's job to stop that.
Hockeyman1606

Post by Hockeyman1606 »

I agree with you gophy...when your up by 31 points with a Quater and a half to go your defence needs to come through.