Edina vs AHA Who would win?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edina vs AHA

AHA
79%
Edina
21%

Total votes: 70

4hockey

Edina vs AHA Who would win?

Post by 4hockey »

If Edina played AHA today, who would win?
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Both teams would be coming in with a lot of momentum after winning Schwans in their respective divisions. I think the one thing that would give AHA the advantage is their first two lines. Edina may be able to shut down one AHA line, but they won't shut down both. In my opinion it would be another Hill Murray game.

6-2
Third times a charm.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

i dont know, this would be a really good game! edina is probably too young and not strong enough but they are a very good hockey team!
starplayer9

Post by starplayer9 »

if aha started their stud JV goalie i believe its tommy burke, edina would have no shot.
4hockey

Post by 4hockey »

Good point :roll:
starplayer9

Post by starplayer9 »

But seriously, my team (Holy Angels) I would have to say is by far the best team in the state, but Edina would probably give us the best game, although it would still be a blowout since we are so good. Plus, Edina lost to Chaska! Chaska is horrible we beat them 10-3 and we had to stop playing our top line and start playing our scrubs. So, after we are done killing Edina, maybe Tommy Burke can work his magic and pick up some hot chicks for the whole team.
puttinonthefoil

Post by puttinonthefoil »

Wow, Starplayer9, you guys sound like you are getting very cocky. Maybe you guys would just be too full of yourselves in this game to win

Edina-5
Holy Angels-3
CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

starplayer9 wrote:But seriously, my team (Holy Angels) I would have to say is by far the best team in the state, but Edina would probably give us the best game, although it would still be a blowout since we are so good. Plus, Edina lost to Chaska! Chaska is horrible we beat them 10-3 and we had to stop playing our top line and start playing our scrubs. So, after we are done killing Edina, maybe Tommy Burke can work his magic and pick up some hot chicks for the whole team.
maybe if Edina or Chaska could recruit as well as you guys they could compete?
boblee

Post by boblee »

The stars would shine 5-3.
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

i have edina winning 47-15.. lol
boblee

Post by boblee »

hockey_playa7 wrote:i have edina winning 47-15.. lol
and your logic please???? Just kidding.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

AHA would win this game... No question! Think about it, when you can run around and pick up the best players from the surrounding area, why wouldnt you be the best?

Da Slinger
boblee

Post by boblee »

THEGunslinger wrote:AHA would win this game... No question! Think about it, when you can run around and pick up the best players from the surrounding area, why wouldnt you be the best?

Da Slinger
For the same reason the Yankees and Mets don't win the world series every year. You can look at AHA and Hill as the Yanks and Mets.
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

Who ever did compare them to the mets and yankees? Sure they can be upset (cough cough Apple Valley) but when I watched them play Centennial on TV I was very impressed (W 8-2!). They are obviously the favorites and no one likes them. I hope somebody beats them so starplayer9 can shut his classless and cocky mouth.
woody22

Post by woody22 »

Holy Angles would win this one 4-2 would be a good game i dont think it would be a mis match like people are saying Edina has the Line with Reber, Leer, and Gaarder and the sophmore line with Budish, Everson, and Gaarder and both lines would be able to hang with the top two lines for most of the game.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Holy Angles 4
Edina 2
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

They won't play unless they have to, would just give Trebil another chance to recruit Edina's underclassmen! :lol:
breakout

Post by breakout »

what do you mean, private schools don't recruit :lol:
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Just curious when the last time people actually liked the best team in state was?

The KIDS on the Holy Angels team are very talented guys. If you want to dislike private school for this reason and that reason, go ahead, but we all know the coach has proven himself, and the kids are very talented. Why continuously rip on the kids because of where they happen to go to school? They are 15-18 year old kids playing a game they love and are really good at it. Why can't we just acknowledge that they are good?
stars612

Post by stars612 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Just curious when the last time people actually liked the best team in state was?

The KIDS on the Holy Angels team are very talented guys. If you want to dislike private school for this reason and that reason, go ahead, but we all know the coach has proven himself, and the kids are very talented. Why continuously rip on the kids because of where they happen to go to school? They are 15-18 year old kids playing a game they love and are really good at it. Why can't we just acknowledge that they are good?
I agree, people need to grow up and give that a rest. Come next year, we will see how the league is with the open enrollment rule change... I have a feeling not much will change at all.

I'm a huge Stars fan and I appreciate any support I can get on this board, but the cockiness and arrogance that Starplayer9 showed definitely does not help our cause. Don't be so over-confident, because theres a damn good chance that another team like Apple Valley could come around...
Third times a charm.
CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Just curious when the last time people actually liked the best team in state was?

well its completely obvious they are good....no denying that. There state championship should be played against Shattuck to level the playing field...thats all Im saying
stars612

Post by stars612 »

CrossbarandIn99 wrote:

well its completely obvious they are good....no denying that. There state championship should be played against Shattuck to level the playing field...thats all Im saying

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Third times a charm.
JLS 81

Edina

Post by JLS 81 »

Edina would take AHA to the wood shed.
wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

This is a joke. Obviously there is a CHANCE Edina would win(upsets can happen anytime in any sport, theres always that possibility). But all you people saying Edina would win you can't honestly think Edina is better than the Holy Angels, do you? They currently have at LEAST three players that could be seeing substantial ice time at the college level right now. you can't go coast to coast against the Holy Angels they're too big, and too disciplined. The fact that you can't go coast to coast on them would completely shut down Matt Reber. Edina is a good solid team, but lets not kid ourselves...
HOFamer

Post by HOFamer »

after watching Edina early on I began a thread asking if they were a top 5 team...I guess that question has been answered... I do believe AHA would win the game if played now but think Edina might fare better toward the end of the season as their young kids get better. AHA always has a target on their back as any school that recruits hockey players would.... and it is true most hockey fans would love to see them lose...Let's face it.. it is difficult to compete against schools that recruit and the recruiting aspect is taking away what makes HS Sports so great...community. Colleges recruit..High Schools should not...