Edina vs AHA Who would win?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edina vs AHA

AHA
79%
Edina
21%

Total votes: 70

MNh0ck3y14

Post by MNh0ck3y14 »

AHA for sure
goal30

Post by goal30 »

I think AHA wouldn't be ready for them with their weak schedule. Edina would beat them.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I think AHA wouldn't be ready for them with their weak schedule. Edina would beat them.
Another newbie who knows absolutely nothing. Have you ever seen AHA play? Most people have seen Edina, including me.... Edina is a good hockey team. They really handled CDH, minus the two captains who are their star players..... I still think the way Edina played during the Schwans Silver Championship would still have beaten CDH.

AHA plays a weaker conference schedule. The teams in the Missota are getting better, give them a break, and will continue to improve. AHA plays the best teams that will play them. They just handled a good Roseville team. Beat HM, easily and made Centennial look like a Missota team. They also have beaten Chaska and Minnetonka.

Newbies need to research a team and post once they know about a team. I do not post about a player or a team that I have not seen play....

Sorry I should have let this person go with their opinion, but they did not really state why.
Last edited by Zamman on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

[quote="Neutron 14"]Edina's all world sophmore line will get much better throughout the year. I'm not betting against them at the end.[/quote]

That is pretty cool that they are this good with their best line being sophomores. In two years they and Holy Angels will be the teams to beat.

As everyone's said, even people who have played both teams, Holy Angels is bigger, stronger, faster, and just plain BETTER.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

The SSM game should count double for aha strength of schedule. i love how neutron said that aha has a weak schedule! your just trying to create controversy. aha is the better team and deep down EVERYBODY knows it! i dont care if you think they recruit (cuz they dont!) but think what you want!!! when you loose to chaska and then the other team beats them by 7 thats right SEVEN goals, you can go figure whose better. i hope edina does play aha in a game and we'll see whose better when aha beats them by a handful or more
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:Edina's all world sophmore line will get much better throughout the year. I'm not betting against them at the end.
As everyone's said, even people who have played both teams, Holy Angels is bigger, stronger, faster, and just plain BETTER.
Everyone has not said it. You even quoted me NOT saying it.

My, what a funny little world you live in. A pathetic little world.

Regardless, best in December gets you nothing.
NO DEAL HOWIE

Post by NO DEAL HOWIE »

Neutron 14 wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:Edina's all world sophmore line will get much better throughout the year. I'm not betting against them at the end.
Everyone has not said it. You even quoted me NOT saying it.

My, what a funny little world you live in. A pathetic little world.

Regardless, best in December gets you nothing.

Married man ragging on a highschooler, what a pathetic, pathetic world. Tool.
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

no kidding get a life!
stars612

Post by stars612 »

You tell him NDH and GH33... Show 'em whose boss!!! :D
Third times a charm.
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

hey MissConnieprep who's next for you guys. New ULM? Windom? Sleepy Eye? or is it North Branch ???????????????????
goal30

Post by goal30 »

Zamman wrote:
Another newbie who knows absolutely nothing. Have you ever seen AHA play? Most people have seen Edina, including me.... Edina is a good hockey team. They really handled CDH, minus the two captains who are their star players..... I still think the way Edina played during the Schwans Silver Championship would still have beaten CDH.

AHA plays a weaker conference schedule. The teams in the Missota are getting better, give them a break, and will continue to improve. AHA plays the best teams that will play them. They just handled a good Roseville team. Beat HM, easily and made Centennial look like a Missota team. They also have beaten Chaska and Minnetonka.

Newbies need to research a team and post once they know about a team. I do not post about a player or a team that I have not seen play....

Sorry I should have let this person go with their opinion, but they did not really state why.
Haha, Chaska? Wow, that team is amazing, not! I also wouldn't consider Centennial a great team, maybe top 15 or so. And I never said AHA is a bad team dumbass, I said Edina has a tougher schedule meaning they will suprise AHA who has a weaker schedule. Stop sticking up for you team, are you a dad? or what number are you? Obviously AHA is one of the top 5 teams in state, as is Edina. That's my opinion and thats who I think will win.

Edina 4

AHA 3
breakout

Post by breakout »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
That is pretty cool that they are this good with their best line being sophomores. In two years they and Holy Angels will be the teams to beat.

We pretty much know who Edina will have in two years. Any idea on who AHA will recruit? Any central scouting report on kids looking to leave for greener pastures?

Another question, how long will Trebil coach. Isn't he in his mid sixties? Will he be around in two years?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

goal30,
not only are you a jerk, you obviously are very new to this site. Zamman has a lot of insight on Holy Angels. Probably the guru for questions about them. Works at the rink. There have been multiple threads about their conference, don't beat it to death. Just because they're in a weak conference has nothing to do with their schedule. They are on a 70+ conference game win streak and win usually with big margins. They probably have one of the top non-conference schedules because of this, as they are the only team in the MSHSL Shattuck will play every year. So, to call someone who is very knowledgeable a dumbass because he is stating things that are common knowledge to most people (I would've said all, but you just proved that wrong). Stop talking on this topic and learn the intelligent things other people say.

I really would prefer not to have this topic get out of hand, but 10+ people come on this board every year and talk about how Trebil doesn't recruit, how he won't even let his players talk to players from other schools, etc, etc. So, while we all know you'd like the blame them for being good, it's be because talent attracts talent, plain and simple.

The Hornets would be looking so far up to the Stars in this match-up which may happen in two months.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

And I never said AHA is a bad team dumbass
Did I say anything about you calling AHA a bad team? And you are a big man to call someone names. I am crushed. I hearby drop from this board....NOT!!!!

Yes I am a dad, I am number 80....But I am not a "dad" of a player and I am not on the roster. I am a fan, probably their number 1 fan (excluding parents). I played there, I went to school there, I work at their arena. I think I am qualified to comment on them and back them up.

Your opinion is good if you knew what you are talking about. How can you say, even your opinion, that AHA wouldn't be ready for Edina. Have you seen AHA play or practice? probably not... I cannot say anything about other teams, except for the ones that I have seen. AHA is an extremely conditioned team. They work on that, they live for the hard pressed game. Watch them a little closer when they play a conference game and then a non-conference game. I see a difference in the play.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Edina
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

Edina Edina
NO DEAL HOWIE

Post by NO DEAL HOWIE »

No use arguing with these unattended teenagers, they dont care about facts, being respectful or bringing anything to the table really. You all think you are special talking AHA down but it has been done for years on this bored, youre nothing new. I would ask you all to show me some facts that proves AHA recruits, but I wont because I already said I wouldnt argue and really, you have nothing to show in that department.
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

Apple Vally Apple Vally
Since95

Post by Since95 »

kickinwing-
If you are going to do that, at least spell the schools name right "Apple Valley."

Second of all, upsets happen. It's what makes sports fun to watch. If the number one ranked team at the beginning of the year won every year, it would be no fun to watch and there would be no reason to play the games.

I've agreed with Zamman since I got to this board. AHA is also my favorite team and with the teams they have had the last 5 years, anyone can see why.

You could throw the "R" word out there all you want, but if what people are saying about Trebil not allowing his kids to talk to other kids about coming to AHA is true, then you really can't say they recruit. Or if they do, what would he give kids to get them to come there? Is it only recruiting if you get good players? If AHA was a terrible team we would probably not even be having this discussion. Also, what if a private school doesn't have enough kids to field a team in any sport? Do they just not play that sport for a season and hope they have enough kids enroll the next year that play that sport?

Second, they really don't have to. Not to sound cocky, but when your team is losing no more than 4 games a year in a schedule of 28 regular season games, that right there is enough to get kids to come. In 02-03 they were 25-1-2 going into state they lost to Shattuck and tied Eastview and Moorhead thst year. Eventually they lost in the semifinals to Anoka who would be later crowned state champs. Which ironically enough was a year after their 2002 state championship team, funny how that works, huh? In their 4 straight state appearances, they have came in with 23 wins 3 times and 25 wins 1 time. In each of these seasons they have also not lost more than 4 games, with 1 loss being from Shattuck every year. Thirdly, Trebil is a great coach and kids know that. Why wouldn't you want to play for him and have a chance at a championship? The other thing would be exposure. Look at some of the teams that these kids come from. I mean would we ever know about Jay Barriball if he had played at Prior Lake? Probably, but would he be playing for the Gophers right now and be doing well? It's questionable. But he wouldn't have had near the success that he did at AHA. How about Jimmy Kilpatrick? He'd be playing for New Prague and getting smoked by the Stars twice a year and might not be playing at CC right now.

It's like in college football, do you really think that USC or Ohio State has to go looking for talent? Probably not, yet they are always in the top 25, if not top 10. The kids come to them cause they know of the tradition and if they can gaurantee them playing time, then that is all the better. Same goes for the Gophers in hockey, granted most of, if not all their talent comes in state here in Minnesota, but they are always a good team. I know people don't like the high school to college comparison, but it's kind of the way it is, depends on how you look at it I guess.

I would venture to guess that a lot of kids tryout for AHA a year and they just have to pick what they want or what would fit their team the best. They just have a good program, good coaches, and a good system and it works really well for them. They got it right and in 5-10 years we will probably be saying the same thing about a different program.

I do think it would be a great game though. Edina impressed me, but AHA is just out of this world.

Two Words: Schwan Cup.

Look at what Edina did winning the silver division by barely beating STA, then beating BSM, to then smoking Cretin in the finals.

Now look at what AHA did in the GOLD division. They dismantled everything that came in their path. These are supposed to be some of the top teams in the state and although one could argue that, and I would, they still did it.

I could see them maybe losing to Hill on the 20th if they don't come to play, MAYBE, but I don't think so. So they most likely lose to Shattuck and then hit sections with 1 loss. I'm not going to speculate sections after last year, but I have a good feeling about it. Long winded, but I could't stop I guess, heh.
GoBears

Shattuck

Post by GoBears »

They probably have one of the top non-conference schedules because of this, as they are the only team in the MSHSL Shattuck will play every year.

Wrong: Shattuck plays Blake every year too. Get your fact straight before you go on a ripping fest.