Rogers @ Buffalo

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Rogers
52%
Buffalo
48%

Total votes: 25

HShockeywatcher

Rogers @ Buffalo

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Both in control of their own conference destiny. Buffalo will either be leading the conference by 5, 3, or 1 pt at the end of the night. A rogers win would be huge for the conference, what will happen?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

:-k
A very close one with a who's the boss flavor (in the M-8 only of course)
I'm thinking Rogers 3-2 but it's gonna be in OT to win, both teams get up for this game and last year was a Tie, Buffalo has played some good teams this year and should not be taken lightly.

Also,
The new standards are helping players like Jensen even more because they can't grab and hook him to slow him down...of course they still do, but that gives more PP chances to Rogers, if they can execute the PP well
it may come easier then I predicted.
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

A good test for Rogers here. Maybe could give them a wake up call?
That is all,
NumberCruncher
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

If Buffalo stays out of the box, they win. If not, they are toast.

Rogers 3
Buffalo 1
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
boblee

Post by boblee »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:If Buffalo stays out of the box, they win. If not, they are toast.

Rogers 3
Buffalo 1
I agree with that.
breakout

Post by breakout »

I am in the minority, me thinks Buffalo wins the juggernaut. Close game, Buffalo 3 Rogers 2.
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

Prediction

Rogers-4 ENG

Buffalo-2
"Virtual high five to chest bump" (MP)
breakout

Post by breakout »

Isn't RL going to defend his Buffalo squad?
HOFamer

Post by HOFamer »

should be a fun game in a packed house...
mnorth5

Bison

Post by mnorth5 »

The herd will run them over in the third ..Bison 5-3
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

breakout wrote:Isn't RL going to defend his Buffalo squad?
HaHa. I'll assume you mean this RLStars.

My Buffalo squad?

My squad is in 8AA but is certainly not Buffalo. I just got a tongue lashing in the 8AA thread because I didn't think that Buffalo was a three seed right now.

This game will be very interesting for more reasons then the M8. Rogers played LDC at the Granite City Classic and only won by a 4-1 margin. They lost to Tech in a shootout and beat Sartell by a goal (although they played better). Sauk Rapids destroyed LDC and Apollo lost in a shootout to Sauk Rapids. LDC sqeaked out a win against Bismarck and Apollo beat them easily.

This is not an 8AA thread, but if Rogers can beat the Bison (I don't think they will if Buffalo gets good goal tending), that will really tighten things up for the 3-7 in 8AA.

I think Rogers has some excellent defensemen (Scaterelli and Jensen) and an very good power-play if they would shoot the puck more and play with it less. I also agree with ER, if Buffalo is in the box, they are toast :D
Can't Never Tried

RLStars wrote:
breakout wrote:Isn't RL going to defend his Buffalo squad?
HaHa. I'll assume you mean this RLStars.

My Buffalo squad?

My squad is in 8AA but is certainly not Buffalo. I just got a tongue lashing in the 8AA thread because I didn't think that Buffalo was a three seed right now.

This game will be very interesting for more reasons then the M8. Rogers played LDC at the Granite City Classic and only won by a 4-1 margin. They lost to Tech in a shootout and beat Sartell by a goal (although they played better). Sauk Rapids destroyed LDC and Apollo lost in a shootout to Sauk Rapids. LDC sqeaked out a win against Bismarck and Apollo beat them easily.

This is not an 8AA thread, but if Rogers can beat the Bison (I don't think they will if Buffalo gets good goal tending), that will really tighten things up for the 3-7 in 8AA.

I think Rogers has some excellent defensemen (Scaterelli and Jensen) and an very good power-play if they would shoot the puck more and play with it less. I also agree with ER, if Buffalo is in the box, they are toast :D
Couldn't agree more RL..... ROGERS! get the PP going and shoot the puck for crying out loud.

And I hadn't thought about the other section implicatations when I brought up the M8... :? more so just that what I said earlier in the thread about a who's the boss flavor....if I didn't specify only in the M8 I would have gotten worked over because the weak conference issue and all that..

Home game for Buffalo helps them... I don't know if they are taking a lot of penalties or not... Rogers has got some good speed and that usually leads to penalties against there opponents trying to slow them down.

As for the GCC games as I stated earlier in the GCC thread Rogers is capable of a lot better hockey then they brought to the tourney...however they appear to have made some adjustments in the Sartell game and it's looking like it's gonna help them.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

BUFFALO 0 14 SHOTS
ROGERS 0 6 SHOTS
AFTER ONE! NOT AT GAME BUT HEARD BUFFALO CAME OUT HITTING HARD
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

no penaltys yet
royals03

Post by royals03 »

BUFF 2
ROGERS 1
AFTER 2
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

go buffalo
royals03

Post by royals03 »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:no penaltys yet
IS THAT A QUESTION OR A FACT I AM NOT AT THE GAME MY DAD IS GIVING ME UPDATES OVER THE PHONE
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

GO BISON
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

any updates
buffalobob

final score

Post by buffalobob »

Buffalo 3
Rogers 2 overtime

Buffalo controlled the first two periods, Rogers dominated the third and half of overtime. Looked like Buffalo did not have the legs to keep up with them in the end but continued to dominate on the boards...Rogers weak point.

Overall good game, not chippy, maybe too many calls by the refs, players handled it well..
HOFamer

Post by HOFamer »

weird game...Buffalo dominated the first two periods but could only muster a 2-1 lead. Untimely penalties.a fired up Rogers team and a worn down Buffalo front 6 led to Rogers shot parade of 19 straight in the third....However, it was Rogers turn to only score 1 goal...both teams had chances in OT but Buffalo tipped one in with seconds remaining...shot ended 37-35 in favor of Rogers...it will be even more interesting when these teams meet again...Both goalies played outstanding. Rogers and Monti game should be a tight one as well...
Can't Never Tried

Can't Never Tried wrote::-k
I'm thinking Rogers 3-2 but it's gonna be in OT to win, both teams get up for this game and last year was a Tie, Buffalo has played some good teams this year and should not be taken lightly.

Also,
The new standards are helping players like Jensen even more because they can't grab and hook him to slow him down...of course they still do, but that gives more PP chances to Rogers, if they can execute the PP well
Well it's like I said :wink: except Buffalo got the win with 13 sec left in OT.

The refs were at best terrible, multiple holding and clear pull downs were let go and the back breaker for the Royals was clear high stick played into the Royals zone right in front of the Ref and the Rogers bench in OT and they just let it go like the multitude of other non calls..... and the Bison got it by the keeper...I'm sure the Bison are grateful for that one....

Shots after 2 was Buff 25 R/Z 13 then R/z out shot the Bison 19-3 in the 3rd and controlled the OT I think shots ended 37-34 in favor of R/Z not sure on that.

A very fun game to watch........ great effort by both teams...they will meet again at Rogers new rink for Rogers last reg. season game.
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:

Also,

The refs were at best terrible, multiple holding and clear pull downs were let go and the back breaker for the Royals was clear high stick played into the Royals zone right in front of the Ref and the Rogers bench in OT and they just let it go like the multitude of other non calls..... and the Bison got it by the keeper...I'm sure the Bison are grateful for that one....

Shots after 2 was Buff 25 R/Z 13 then R/z out shot the Bison 19-3 in the 3rd and controlled the OT I think shots ended 37-34 in favor of R/Z not sure on that.

A very fun game to watch........ great effort by both teams...they will meet again at Rogers new rink for Rogers last reg. season game.

I thought an equally upsetting call was the phantom coincidental with about two minutes to go in OT. Rogers player highsticks Buffalo player, and they both go to the box. If the officials don't have enough guts to make the right call they should put the whistles away and leave the ice. 8)
Puckguy19

Re: final score

Post by Puckguy19 »

buffalobob wrote:Buffalo 3
Rogers 2 overtime

Buffalo controlled the first two periods, Rogers dominated the third and half of overtime. Looked like Buffalo did not have the legs to keep up with them in the end but continued to dominate on the boards...Rogers weak point.

Overall good game, not chippy, maybe too many calls by the refs, players handled it well..

Buffalobob, are you the City Coucilman in that fair city that goes by the same name? :shock:
Can't Never Tried

Puckguy19 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:

Also,

I thought an equally upsetting call was the phantom coincidental with about two minutes to go in OT. Rogers player highsticks Buffalo player, and they both go to the box. If the officials don't have enough guts to make the right call they should put the whistles away and leave the ice. 8)
Puckguy....your absolutley right about making the right calls or don't call anything....my post said their were multitude of non-calls.
They were terrible and that's that...regardless of the outcome of the game but because I pointed out one particular very crucial call I'm whining....oh well Stripes is gonna help me........... :lol: :lol: