St Thomas @ Richfield 1-6-07

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:40 pm

Cadets
83%
Spartans
17%

Total votes: 24

HShockeywatcher

St Thomas @ Richfield 1-6-07

Post by HShockeywatcher »

St Thomas (9-3-1) is traveling to Richfield (4-6) to play section 3A opponents this Saturday. In the past couple years Richfield has always played better than the stats would've shown the game should be. Will this year be different?
Redman7

Re: St Thomas @ Richfield 1-6-07

Post by Redman7 »

Richfield played them twice last year losing by only a goal each time so i wouldn't underestimate them. My guess is Richfield will be pissed off from the beating Hill Murray put on them Thursday night; should be a fun one to watch.
Last edited by Redman7 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

Wont even be a game!
STA 6
Rich 1
HShockeywatcher

Well, that's what I tried to point out. On paper St Thomas should've beat them really bad last year but didn't either time. Richfield was probably the one team St Thomas didn't want to meet in sections last year. Richfield has a really good goalie too. I'm hoping Crandall has a sweet game, the defense plays up and St Thomas wins by 2.
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

Da Cadets-7
Richfiels-0
mnjorc

Post by mnjorc »

STA 5
Richfield 2

Richfield will score the first goal of the game to slow the Cadets down. STA wont score their first until the end of the first period. Richfield will score the second goal in a last ditch desperation effort in the middle of the third period. STA has had difficulty with Richfield the past three years. The games should not be as close as they have been but STA for some reason does not show up to this one as prepared as they should. This year might be different.
boblee

Post by boblee »

All Boys School 6
Guggenberglesses 0
goalieboy1

????

Post by goalieboy1 »

STA will dominate richfield, 10-0
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I'm following goalieboys prediction and saying Tartan will win this game. Both St. Thomas Academy and Richfield have good squads, but they can't get it passt Wood in this one...
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

seems like the consensus is richfield has no chance and i agree

sta 6 richfield 1

lee gets a trick
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I disagree. I see a nice game out of Richfield. Possibly OT.... I am going to say 3 - 2 Spartans in OT. I know I sound crazy, but I am having a feeling. A lot depends on goaltending. With Guggenberger coming back next week, Sam Frank may need a real good game to get more playing time.
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

richfield has made many changes to their power play and they have made changes on every line...after some embarassing losses these past couple weeks they should come out stronger than predicted...it wont be a blowout...but STA does have much more depth....im basing everything on how well frank plays in the net
gophsdynasty

Post by gophsdynasty »

Final was STA-3 Richfield-0
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

This score shocks me! Did STA just not show up to play today? Anyone see the game? Richfield has been letting up some big numbers defensively, and to be honest im surprised St. Thomas only snuck 3 by. So somebody let me know what happened!
"Virtual high five to chest bump" (MP)
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

Zamman wrote:I disagree. I see a nice game out of Richfield. Possibly OT.... I am going to say 3 - 2 Spartans in OT. I know I sound crazy, but I am having a feeling. A lot depends on goaltending. With Guggenberger coming back next week, Sam Frank may need a real good game to get more playing time.

And I guess he did coming up with 40+ saves.
Gordie07

Post by Gordie07 »

STA - 4
RHS - 2

From what is sounds like, Guggenburger is not going to be back in time to play this game, Am I understanding this right?
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

The game was yesterday buddy.
leftWinger15

Post by leftWinger15 »

it was 3-0 with an empty netter so richfield actually decided to show up to this one...richfield also missed several key chances at goals...it could have been much closer..it will be interesting to watch the next time they face off
goal30

Post by goal30 »

Cadets 6

Spartans 3
Redman7

Post by Redman7 »

Despite being outplayed, Richfield had many chances to tie the game in the first and second periods but could not get it done before STA scored late in the second period to make it 2-0. STA scored their third goal on an empty net.
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

Was STA not looking very good? Because I know Hill, Lourdes, and Totino all put up 10 or more goals against Richfield. Didn't really seem like Richfield would be competing in the Classic Surburban but this makes me think twice about them. If they play like that with Guggenberger theres no telling what they might be capable of doing.
saintpaulhockey

Saint Thomas is Overrated

Post by saintpaulhockey »

the cadets are way overhyped! They are a good team but not in any way great, they couldnt compete in AA. I was impressed in the beginning of the year but after a blowout to a Hickey-less CDH, a loss to Brainerd and this close game I am not impressed. They need to pull it together.
bubblehockey27

Re: Saint Thomas is Overrated

Post by bubblehockey27 »

saintpaulhockey wrote:the cadets are way overhyped! They are a good team but not in any way great, they couldnt compete in AA. I was impressed in the beginning of the year but after a blowout to a Hickey-less CDH, a loss to Brainerd and this close game I am not impressed. They need to pull it together.

I wouldn't say that they are overhyped, but they have not been performing as of late. They are a team to be reckoned with, and I am looking forward to a STA vs. HM game, especially after this Richfield game.
HShockeywatcher

The cadets won 3-0. The Pioneers won 11-2. Sure Hill scored way more goals, but they were also scored on more times. The game on Thursday will be huge.
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:The cadets won 3-0. The Pioneers won 11-2. Sure Hill scored way more goals, but they were also scored on quite a few more times. The game on Thursday will be huge.
quite a few?? 2 isnt that many in my eyes. Now if it was more like 6 or 7 that could be quite a few more times.