Discussion of Minnesota HS Junior Varsity Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Co[D]18

Hermantown JV?

Post by Co[D]18 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:10 pm

what do you think about them?

they have killed eveleth 13-0 wich is "suppose" to be good

they have also beat marshall

11-2 recored i think not bad, they also dominated in the thief river falls tourney

eazy1415

Post by eazy1415 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:29 pm

who did they lose to?

Co[D]18

Post by Co[D]18 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:17 pm

hopkins and superior

Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:31 pm

Hermantown has had a pretty quality Junior Varsity team for the better part of the last 10 years or so. I think this is a product of the depth of the Varsity program, which has had some great teams during that time as well. It is aslo a product of the Hermantown Youth Hockey Association and the Bantam program specifically. I know that Rick Holt was the Bantam A coach in Hermantown for a long time and he was able to produce some fantastic Hermantown Hockey players, from Jon Francisco and Jesse Stokke to BJ Radovich and Drew LeBlanc. Hermantown also has some fantasic high school coaches who groom their Junior Varsity players into solid Varsity players.

Co[D]18

Post by Co[D]18 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:42 pm

.ipjp

Carom Karma

Post by Carom Karma » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:42 am

Zamboni Guy wrote:Hermantown has had a pretty quality Junior Varsity team for the better part of the last 10 years or so. I think this is a product of the depth of the Varsity program, which has had some great teams during that time as well. It is aslo a product of the Hermantown Youth Hockey Association and the Bantam program specifically. I know that Rick Holt was the Bantam A coach in Hermantown for a long time and he was able to produce some fantastic Hermantown Hockey players, from Jon Francisco and Jesse Stokke to BJ Radovich and Drew LeBlanc. Hermantown also has some fantasic high school coaches who groom their Junior Varsity players into solid Varsity players.
Great point, Holt was a great coach! Andrews is doing very well in his place, and you also forgot Dan Knapp and Nick Kemp! :shock: One things for sure HAHA is doing an excellent job of progressively improving the players. :D
Minnesota hockey, the sport of 10,000 memories.

Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:12 pm

Carom Karma wrote:
Zamboni Guy wrote:Hermantown has had a pretty quality Junior Varsity team for the better part of the last 10 years or so. I think this is a product of the depth of the Varsity program, which has had some great teams during that time as well. It is aslo a product of the Hermantown Youth Hockey Association and the Bantam program specifically. I know that Rick Holt was the Bantam A coach in Hermantown for a long time and he was able to produce some fantastic Hermantown Hockey players, from Jon Francisco and Jesse Stokke to BJ Radovich and Drew LeBlanc. Hermantown also has some fantasic high school coaches who groom their Junior Varsity players into solid Varsity players.
Great point, Holt was a great coach! Andrews is doing very well in his place, and you also forgot Dan Knapp and Nick Kemp! :shock: One things for sure HAHA is doing an excellent job of progressively improving the players. :D
Oh, I am certainly not discounting the likes of Dan Knapp and Nick Kemp, there are countless other players that came throught he Bantam A program with Rick Hold at the helm, I was just throwing some names out there that did play for Coach Holt.