Duluth JGA Feb 2-4 2007

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

WbJg#11

Post by WbJg#11 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:10 pm

So anyone know how the teams placed?

ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 pm

WbJg#11 wrote:So anyone know how the teams placed?
yea cheese heads 1st
duluth 2nd.
SD 3rd
canda 4th

duluth was beating wisconsen 5-1 at one point, the reff from duluth doesnt like the junior gold program in general and threw the game in Wisconsens favor calling penatlies and incidents that never happened it was extremly poor and GB knows it too.
wis proceeded to score 7 power play goals because of that.
yes, final score, 8-7
a duluth player even put one in his own net on accident. duluth outplayed WI in even strength the entire game. as WI didnt score even strength at all the entire game.
climatic moment came when a duluth player was on a break away in 3 minutes left, duluth up by two, 7-5. got triped blatently, it was a 4- on 5 at the time, he went back into the zone. checked a kid from the front and was called for a cross checking, yet everybody who was there saw that his stick wasnt anywhere near in contact with the player.
5-3, WI scores two more, then with 30 seconds burys the game.

congrats to them on their victory. but We all know the reff was MVP because duluth badly out played and outshot WI very badly,the calls were unreal, you hear about reffs literally throwing the game, well the reff has a severe hatred for this junior gold team, its coach and its program and blatently threw the game. so he was MVP by far.

and, to the wisconson person i was argueing with. it just goes to show that you dont have to recruit for great talent, and if you cant even beat duluth with home grown players? how do you manage to beat a decent high school team.
Duluth can grow great players and field a great team by their outside rinks, not going to poland for players. :roll: :lol:

well good luck being one of the best teams in WI, just goes to show the dominance minnesota hockey has over their former "communist players" to the east.

WayzataFan

Post by WayzataFan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:50 am

All that I can say is the following:

Duluth was up 5-1 and, needlss to say, these were your homeboy Minnesota referees. Even conceding the fact that maybe they made one or two errant calls that takes the game up to 5-3, 5-4 max.

In the end you lost to a superior team, and by the way, some of our players are from the Czech Republic, not Poland, and they were not recruited, they are foreign exchange students just like the kids from Finland on the Sioux Falls Team.

The fact of the matter, sir, is you lost to a better team, and you are just a plain old-fashioned sore loser!!!!! :D

Wheelecor

Post by Wheelecor » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:27 am

that gb team was amazing they were big fast and could pass well and for our other games haha ill just say i think it was 4 kicked out 1 dislocated jaw and one crybaby that got benched for our secound game it was 3-4 i think before it went the that but we did have one goal called off and the other we were up 2-0 after the first and a fight at the end of the secound kicked out a couple of our players and goofed up our rotation they put in 3 in like 5 min we sorta fell apart i still had fun this turny but i will say gb was an amazing team but that 13-1 should have been 13-4 or so we had some post shots and such

iceprofet07

Homeboy refs?

Post by iceprofet07 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 am

Though I can't speak for what occured at the Green Bay game in the Duluth tournament, I can tell you that Duluth referees and the Duluth Jr Gold program have never been "homeboys." I have watched Jr. Gold games in the past where Duluth referees have given the game to visiting teams in the past by litterally filling the penalty box with nearly every concievable offence-minor or imagined. Sometimes I would watch the games and think that it was the personal experiment of the refs to see how many goals a team could come back by in the final 10 minutes if they had a 5-3 advantage the entire time. Down in the cities it may be different-maybe your refes are homeboys willing to tilt the game in your favor, maybe they don't; but in Duluth, at least from what I've seen, refs commonly penalize the home team far more than the visitor-especially if the Duluth team has a lead. (This is without any change in play style, mind you, i.e. neither team becoming cheap).

And while I am not sure of the exact numbers, I know that a good deal of refs who work Duluth games are from Wisconsin--so it be hard to call them "homeboy Minnesota referees."

theref

Post by theref » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:34 pm

iceprofet07

Hate to tell you this, but all three officials from the game were from Duluth and in our association, we only have about 6 that live in Wisconsin.

ilblade06

Your right, the kid was hooked, but was not on a break away and should not have gotten a cross-checking penalty, he should have recieved a penalty for checking from behind, the ref was very generous.

I was not the referee of this particular game, but was at the game and have enough experience to know what should and should not have been called.

To be honest, GB just seemed to get the momentum going and Duluth did not play well in their own end.

DRodman073

Post by DRodman073 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:52 pm

"as WI didnt score even strength at all the entire game. " come on ilblade06, were u even at the game? GB scored atleast 3 or 4 even strength goals! The fact of the matter is GB would kill anyone in that tourney if they actually tried from the beginning of the game.

JGAALUM1

Post by JGAALUM1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm

DRodman073, so your telling me that this gb team travels all around these different states every weekend spending thousands of dollars and they dont even care if they win? Im sure their trying cause thats all they do for most of there teenage life. Also they try every year to get people from chezch and other european countrys. of course their trying there best.

iceprofet07

Post by iceprofet07 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm

theref,

I'm not sure why you'd "hate" to tell me about the ref numbers I was just making an observation-and I honestly appretiate any clarity on the matter.

iceprofet07

Post by iceprofet07 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 pm

But as for the referees being against Duluth Jr. Gold teams, its just an observation that I've made. Regardless of the state that they are from. In fact in one game where the 5-on-3 situation occured the head ref was from Duluth and man whom I've met before. The state which the refs were from was not meant to be the main point of my comment-if it came off that way I apologize for the confusion.

ilblade06

Post by ilblade06 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 pm

DRodman073 wrote:"as WI didnt score even strength at all the entire game. " come on ilblade06, were u even at the game? GB scored atleast 3 or 4 even strength goals! The fact of the matter is GB would kill anyone in that tourney if they actually tried from the beginning of the game.
yes, i was at the game, i also have a copy of the scoresheet. powerplay goals on everyone but one. yea that corresponds to my recolection. duluth had 1 powerplay goal.
were you at that game??
lol GB. yea, they have an advantage i suppose, as nearly everyperson on their team speaks polish! :lol:

as to the ref, i respect the reffs decisions, he donates his time to reff hockey. it is frusturating at times, but reffs deserve respect, no matter how much you disagree with the calls.

dehockey8

Post by dehockey8 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 am

green bay isn't so great. duluth had them beat in the ship. duluth is a beter team and the reffing was a joke everyone knows it.
Last edited by dehockey8 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.