Mueller signs with Phoenix

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wbmd

Mueller signs with Phoenix

Post by wbmd »

Former Breck star Peter Mueller recently signed a contract with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

best of luck to Peter, he is a really good kid!
Observer85

Post by Observer85 »

Indians forever wrote:best of luck to Peter, he is a really good kid!
Yes, he is a good kid. He took at path that most people had a problem with, giving up the NCAA route and his scholarship with the Gophers to play major juniors in the WHL. Reports are that he signed for the maximum allowed under the CBA. Not sure that would have happened had he gone the NCAA route. But then again, it might have as his friend and former Bloomington teammate, Eric Johnson, signed for the max allowed.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I heard from a close friend who played on some teams with mueller a few years back that he wasnt going to play for the gophers because he wasnt the best student...
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:I heard from a close friend who played on some teams with mueller a few years back that he wasnt going to play for the gophers because he wasnt the best student...
Not the best student, or just didn't feel that he would be all that committed to school? I'm guessing more of the latter, not the former..
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Blue&Gold wrote:
LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:I heard from a close friend who played on some teams with mueller a few years back that he wasnt going to play for the gophers because he wasnt the best student...
Not the best student, or just didn't feel that he would be all that committed to school? I'm guessing more of the latter, not the former..
Like another jag Mark Parrish left scsu 4 whl.
Observer85

Post by Observer85 »

Mueller had a hat trick last night (November 7th) against the Anaheim Ducks. Not bad for a 19 year old in his first season in the NHL.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/2 ... 020219.HTM