Eden Prairie @ Minnetonka 1/5

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

And the winner is...

Poll ended at Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Eden Prairie
33%
Minnetonka
67%

Total votes: 46

HockeyMN1

Eden Prairie @ Minnetonka 1/5

Post by HockeyMN1 »

The top two teams in 6AA square off, can the Eagles bounce back from their loss at Edina or will Tonka keep on rolling?
EP two out of three.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Minnetonka 5-3
Always celly hard.
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

Tonka leaves tire tracks - 5-2 Tonka
dangles9

Post by dangles9 »

I'll take tonka 4-1.
SE16RiverRat

Post by SE16RiverRat »

Minnetonka 4-3
deanertronterry

Post by deanertronterry »

EP rains on the Tonka parade...3-2
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Doglover wrote:Tonka leaves tire tracks - 5-2 Tonka
=D> Sweet line!!! For as much of a fan I have been in watching Tonka from the far east side of Hwy 694, I just have this gut feeling Tonka will hit the minor bump in the road this game and fall 3-2 in OT..

Even though there are just 25 regular season games, we have seen how hard it is to go undefeated ...

With that predicition, that doesn't mean I think they will fall from the #1 spot, but just moves E P closer..
blueblood

Tonka vs. EP

Post by blueblood »

Besides being a rivalry game, this game has huge section 6AA seeding implications.

If this were at EP I'd take them on their home ice, but since it's at Tonka I'll continue to ride that horse until it drops, which it will at some point. Too many games against quality opponents including:

Edina - 2 games
Wayzata - 2 games
Duluth East
Moorhead
AHA

My prediction:
Tonka - 4 (en)
EP - 2
Play Like a Champion Today
FREDFLINTSTONE

Re: Tonka vs. EP

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

blueblood wrote:Besides being a rivalry game, this game has huge section 6AA seeding implications.

If this were at EP I'd take them on their home ice, but since it's at Tonka I'll continue to ride that horse until it drops, which it will at some point. Too many games against quality opponents including:

Edina - 2 games
Wayzata - 2 games
Duluth East
Moorhead
AHA

My prediction:
Tonka - 4 (en)
EP - 2
Blueblood,

There is no way you pick EP if this game was at EP. You have too much blueblood.
blueblood

Double F

Post by blueblood »

FF:

Seriously, I would pick EP at home. The seniors haven't done well at the EPCC since squirts. That includes D6 league, first test tournamemt, and D6 playoffs.

Rink 1 is cursed...
Play Like a Champion Today
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Should be a great one. I'll have to go with Minnetonka 5-2
Lakeviewing

At Tonka:

Post by Lakeviewing »

blueblood wrote:FF:

Seriously, I would pick EP at home. The seniors haven't done well at the EPCC since squirts. That includes D6 league, first test tournamemt, and D6 playoffs.

Rink 1 is cursed...
EP has never figured out the away from EP ice and win at Pagel. They will lose at Tonka home ice at Pagel, but this will further come into play at the section finals at the Olympic sheet at of the U of M ice. This should be a great game on an open ice environment. Edge is Tonka given their depth, but EP will give them a game.
eastsideguy

Post by eastsideguy »

Minnetonka 3-1
AverageHockeyJoe

Post by AverageHockeyJoe »

Hey Lakeviewing -- FYI. Section 6AA finals move to Target Center this year. Section 2AA stays at Mariucci.....
pineline

Post by pineline »

Per MSHSL both finals (2AA & 6AA) are at Target Center this year. Must be in response to the overflow crowd last year.
hipchx

Post by hipchx »

Have to give the edge to Minnetonka. Their defense is the best in the state. I see a close game for the first two periods and run away in the third for Tonka.
northwoods oldtimer

Upset

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

EP 3 - Tonka 2 for the surprise upset of the week.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

pineline wrote:Per MSHSL both finals (2AA & 6AA) are at Target Center this year. Must be in response to the overflow crowd last year.
Should be a great atmosphere, hopefully they get some good attendance.
Puck Whisperer

Post by Puck Whisperer »

Tonka at home 4-2
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

Minnetonka - 8
E P - 1
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

starmvp wrote:
pineline wrote:Per MSHSL both finals (2AA & 6AA) are at Target Center this year. Must be in response to the overflow crowd last year.
Is there something I'm missing here? Has Target Center ever had an ice rink put in? Will they lay one down for one game or what?

I would think you guys mean it will be at the X???
Iraqnam
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

countrygentleman wrote:Is there something I'm missing here? Has Target Center ever had an ice rink put in? Will they lay one down for one game or what?

Wasn't the State Tournament hosted at Target Center for a year or two before the X was built?
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
countrygentleman wrote:Is there something I'm missing here? Has Target Center ever had an ice rink put in? Will they lay one down for one game or what?

Wasn't the State Tournament hosted at Target Center for a year or two before the X was built?
yes, it has been hosted at Target Center, as well as the WCHA Final Five a few years back.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

countrygentleman wrote:
starmvp wrote:
Is there something I'm missing here? Has Target Center ever had an ice rink put in? Will they lay one down for one game or what?

Of course they have put ice in before. The 2AA and 6AA section final games will be played back to back.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

supertacks wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:

yes, it has been hosted at Target Center, as well as the WCHA Final Five a few years back.
I haven't actually been to a game played there. Do you think it is a good place for this venue?