Taylor Portner: How Hard is Too Hard?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Does Taylor celly too hard or not enough?

Too Hard
31%
Not Enough
69%

Total votes: 16

pondpucker13

Taylor Portner: How Hard is Too Hard?

Post by pondpucker13 »

After some epic celly's last night it got me thinking...how hard is too hard? All in good fun of course ;)
I get older they stay the same age, alright alright
Just_Another_Fan

Post by Just_Another_Fan »

I have no idea what you are talking about but this is actually a good topic whether you meant it to be or not. Personally i love when i see kids celebrate with passion. Just don't over do it. If you are beating a team 5-0 and you score the sixth goal, tone it down a notch. The only time IMO you can celebrate hard when you are up by 5 is if you get a hat trick.
TuckerMax93

Post by TuckerMax93 »

There is no such thing as too hard of a celly. Always room for improvements.

People fail to realize that when USA won gold in 1980 they would have benches clearing full-team cellys. Also, serious running man cellys.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

We will see what kind of celly Taylor has if he wins and Oscar for New Moon. He was cool in that movie. Go Taylor Portner!!!
Just_Another_Fan

Post by Just_Another_Fan »

Part of why i love high school hockey is that kids are allowed to celly as hard as they want. You flagged if you celly too hard in high school and even college football.
dabears344

Post by dabears344 »

haha love this topic what exactly did he do?
my2cents

Post by my2cents »

Well to start the game, he (excuse me) "cellied" to center ice on a non-goal after a scrum in the crease. Then followed up by big "cellies" after e ach of his three goals. None were spontaneous.

Cal should be the one getting the cheers. He's the one flying up and down the ice and making plays so TP can tap them in from the doorstep behind the out of position defensemen.
RBKhockey77

Post by RBKhockey77 »

The kid is a tool, and a cry baby
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Ahem, read the signature! 8)
Always celly hard.
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

dabears344 wrote:haha love this topic what exactly did he do?
Think Charlie Conway in D3 when he's trying to impress the girl...
bronx18

Post by bronx18 »

I say that celly's make the game, it boosts team moral watching one of there players celly, and puts the other team in a worse mood, creating a better atmosphere for an intense hockey game
PhilRudd

Post by PhilRudd »

They have no place in the game and the coach should be benching any fool who does this stuff. Score the goal and act like you've done it before and skate right back to center ice to take the draw.

PR 8)
bronx18

Post by bronx18 »

PhilRudd wrote:They have no place in the game and the coach should be benching any fool who does this stuff. Score the goal and act like you've done it before and skate right back to center ice to take the draw.

PR 8)
Booooorrrrinnnnngggg! Fans especially love the celebrations!
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

bronx18 wrote:
PhilRudd wrote:They have no place in the game and the coach should be benching any fool who does this stuff. Score the goal and act like you've done it before and skate right back to center ice to take the draw.

PR 8)
Booooorrrrinnnnngggg! Fans especially love the celebrations!
Not all of them. I dream of watching a kid get clotheslined as he skates in front of the opponents bench. BAM! :twisted:
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

If Brett Favre can celly hard, so can a high school hockey player, its called PASSION, although I only think big cellys should occur in meaningful games, including the following: a close game, a rivalry game, section final, and state.
Ufeelshame

Post by Ufeelshame »

Be classy and act like you have done it before. Fans love when their teams win more than they will ever love a celebration by one player. The ONLY time you are allowed to celebrate is if you team mates are right next to you. I especially love the kids that celebrate the late meaningless goal in a loss. Yeah congratulations, you got the goal but you LOST! When coached well hockey is the ultimate team sport. Where is the room for individual celebration?
Gordon Bombay08

Post by Gordon Bombay08 »

porky cellys like a champ. whether its a game winner in OT or the 2nd assist on an empty netter, the kid just knows how to party out there on the ice
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

Gordon Bombay08 wrote:porky cellys like a champ. whether its a game winner in OT or the 2nd assist on an empty netter, the kid just knows how to party out there on the ice
It's so true...too bad we won't get to see any more of those gems... no more celly's for porty

Post by #4 »

Never ask for permission, just celly hard and don't suck.