7AA 2014-15

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

crw

Post by crw »

I hope we (East) face you in the finals. :)[/quote]

I would be fine with that :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Traxler wrote: I hope we (East) face you in the finals. :)
Wishful thinking.....
if not ER and GR the world will be in shock and the DJ will be in tears.
(And Bobber will be replaced as admin of the GRHS web page, as the fault will be his).
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

crw wrote:
gitter wrote:
Traxler wrote:So now that St. Albert Michaelville beat North Branch 16-0 I am changing my mind about their seed. I'm starting to think the 3 seed or possibly even the 2 seed is the right spot for them.
St. Francis beat NB 10-0...perhaps they should be the #3 or 4 seed....right behind STMA....

Or Not.....

Now your all looking foolish talking about a meaningless game . It would be different if STMA people were riding that win like fools but they aren't..

Truthfully our kids don't care who or where they play you need to win 3 games, and get thru more than likely the best unless there is major upsets to get out of sections. So go ahead put STMA in the 8 spot...

In the words of Rick Flair "in order to be the best you have to beat the best, WHOOOoOO"

We will see how things pan out and have some good hockey coming up... ](*,)
See, STMA is known for it's wrestling program. I have been using that line from one of the Four Horeseman for years now CRW, including about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to come up with another old school wrestler...
gitter

Post by gitter »

crw wrote:
gitter wrote:
Traxler wrote:So now that St. Albert Michaelville beat North Branch 16-0 I am changing my mind about their seed. I'm starting to think the 3 seed or possibly even the 2 seed is the right spot for them.
St. Francis beat NB 10-0...perhaps they should be the #3 or 4 seed....right behind STMA....

Or Not.....

Now your all looking foolish talking about a meaningless game . It would be different if STMA people were riding that win like fools but they aren't..

Truthfully our kids don't care who or where they play you need to win 3 games, and get thru more than likely the best unless there is major upsets to get out of sections. So go ahead put STMA in the 8 spot...

In the words of Rick Flair "in order to be the best you have to beat the best, WHOOOoOO"

Little tongue in cheek and everyone loses their minds....
boblee

Post by boblee »

elliott70 wrote:
Traxler wrote: I hope we (East) face you in the finals. :)
Wishful thinking.....
if not ER and GR the world will be in shock and the DJ will be in tears.
(And Bobber will be replaced as admin of the GRHS web page, as the fault will be his).
There is no like or favorite button on here yet?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

gitter wrote:Little tongue in cheek and everyone loses their minds....
I don't know if 7AA fans are the state's most passionate or biased (obviously Luverne sets a very high bar), but I'd definitely nominate them for "most easily trolled." :lol:
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

Time to ask his weight and height to see if he is a keeper or not.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

STMA may have lost in OT to Duluth East, but STMA beat Andover and Anoka, whom East lost and tied. If STMA beats Cloquet by a few goals or more on Tuesday night I'm not so sure that East can be confident they'll get the 3 seed.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

I bet they get the 3 seed either way. You just dont want to see the hounds against ur hawks at 2pm at Amsoil..
TheHockeyDJ wrote:STMA may have lost in OT to Duluth East, but STMA beat Andover and Anoka, whom East lost and tied. If STMA beats Cloquet by a few goals or more on Tuesday night I'm not so sure that East can be confident they'll get the 3 seed.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Usthockey13 wrote:I bet they get the 3 seed either way. You just dont want to see the hounds against ur hawks at 2pm at Amsoil..
TheHockeyDJ wrote:STMA may have lost in OT to Duluth East, but STMA beat Andover and Anoka, whom East lost and tied. If STMA beats Cloquet by a few goals or more on Tuesday night I'm not so sure that East can be confident they'll get the 3 seed.
As if East beating Andover is a lock... :roll:
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Ha its not.. that should be a great game. Just jabbin at DJ. There is nothing better than the East/Rapids games in playoffs
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:I bet they get the 3 seed either way. You just dont want to see the hounds against ur hawks at 2pm at Amsoil..
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Usthockey13 wrote:Ha its not.. that should be a great game. Just jabbin at DJ. There is nothing better than the East/Rapids games in playoffs
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
If East and Rapids meet, I would prefer it be in the finals, more fans, both bands in the building, doesn't get better than that.
crw

Post by crw »

alcloseshaver wrote:
crw wrote:
gitter wrote: St. Francis beat NB 10-0...perhaps they should be the #3 or 4 seed....right behind STMA....

Or Not.....

See, STMA is known for it's wrestling program. I have been using that line from one of the Four Horeseman for years now CRW, including about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to come up with another old school wrestler...
"Enough is Enough! It's time for a change" - the late Owen Hart
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

crw wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
crw wrote:

Good one CRW, he is a Canadien though.
crw

Post by crw »

alcloseshaver wrote:
crw wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:See, STMA is known for it's wrestling program. I have been using that line from one of the Four Horeseman for years now CRW, including about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to come up with another old school wrestler...
So is hockey...lol
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

crw wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
crw wrote: "Enough is Enough! It's time for a change" - the late Owen Hart
So is hockey...lol
Report on the Woodbury game?
crw

Post by crw »

alcloseshaver wrote:
crw wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Good one CRW, he is a Canadien though.
So is hockey...lol
Report on the Woodbury game?
STMA 5
Woodbury 3
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Some comments in the STMA-Cloquet game thread made me wonder who was seeded above East in the years they haven't been the 1 seed.

Going back to 2008 Duluth East was the 1 seed every year other than 2010 when Elk River was the 1 seed. East beat ER 5-1 in the championship game.

Karl, you always seem to be able to pull up historical statistics. I recall you mentioning that East was the 4 seed in the early 2000s but still managed to make it to the tournament. Maybe that was 2003, but I don't recall. Do you have old section seeding info?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Traxler wrote:Some comments in the STMA-Cloquet game thread made me wonder who was seeded above East in the years they haven't been the 1 seed.

Going back to 2008 Duluth East was the 1 seed every year other than 2010 when Elk River was the 1 seed. East beat ER 5-1 in the championship game.

Karl, you always seem to be able to pull up historical statistics. I recall you mentioning that East was the 4 seed in the early 2000s but still managed to make it to the tournament. Maybe that was 2003, but I don't recall. Do you have old section seeding info?
In 2003, East was the #2 seed, Cloquet was #1. Rapids beat Cloquet in the semifinals, East beat Rapids in the finals.

The last time East was a #4 seed was in 1999, when they lost to Elk River in the 7AA semifinals.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Traxler wrote:Karl, you always seem to be able to pull up historical statistics. I recall you mentioning that East was the 4 seed in the early 2000s but still managed to make it to the tournament. Maybe that was 2003, but I don't recall. Do you have old section seeding info?
The only time in the past 20 years that East has been lower than a 2-seed was in 1999, when they were the #4. They lost to Elk River in the section semis that year.

They've been the 1-seed 14 times, winning all but two of those. They've been the 2-seed 5 times, winning 3 times and losing in the semis twice. They were still a 2-seed in 2003, despite the 11-10-4 record. Obviously that wasn't a banner year in 7AA, and I'm guessing strength of schedule and their strong late season run made a big difference. Cloquet was the top seed that year but got knocked off by Goligoski and company from Rapids, who East then beat in the final.

Elk River was #1 in 99 and 10, Greenway #1 in 01, and Cloquet was #1 in 2003, 2005, and 2007.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Traxler wrote:Some comments in the STMA-Cloquet game thread made me wonder who was seeded above East in the years they haven't been the 1 seed.

East was the 2 seed in 03 I believe
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

:lol: Triple-post from the East contingent answering the question within a minute of each other...
SimplyPut

Post by SimplyPut »

I still think Duluth has an argument over rapids to be the #2 seed. even though Rapids beat East I still see Duluth with a slightly tougher schedule.

I guess I see it like this.

1) Elk River
2) Duluth
3) Rapids
4) STMA
5) Cloquet
6) Andover
7) F-Lake
8) St Francis
9) Cambridge
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

SimplyPut wrote:I still think Duluth has an argument over rapids to be the #2 seed. even though Rapids beat East I still see Duluth with a slightly tougher schedule.

I guess I see it like this.

1) Elk River
2) Duluth
3) Rapids
4) STMA
5) Cloquet
6) Andover
7) F-Lake
8) St Francis
9) Cambridge
As seen in another post
MN Class AA Section 7
---------------------------------
Seed Team LSQRANK GD
---------------------------------
1 ElkRiver 23 2.6
2 DuluthEast 24 2.7
3 GrandRapids 29 3.0
4 Cloquet 30 3.0
5 StMichael 44 3.7
6 Andover 58 4.0
7 ForestLake 67 4.2
8 StFrancis 150 5.5
9 Cambridge 214 6.3
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

karl(east) wrote::lol: Triple-post from the East contingent answering the question within a minute of each other...
Wow, Calm before the storm? It has been very quiet around the old 7AA site. The accurate historical input is like no other.