Strong Class recruited at Lakeville North

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Section 8 guy wrote:My guess is it sounds like Eigner is a lot more involved with the youth program than most high school coaches are so I wouldn't think meetings like this are going on all over, no. I certainly could be wrong though.

Probably a naive comment.......but I can't imagine the folks at the MSHSL wouldn't cringe at least a little over the parts where he is somewhat flippant about kids moving into the program.
I would guess most HS coaches have a meeting of sone kind like this. The difference is they don't have to put a bunch of BS out there to cover there A$$ when they cut kids for recruits.

If he is so involved and such a great Coach why are his youth teams struggling so much. It must be just coincidence that this Bantam group he is talking to is hoping to get to. 500. So wonder boy Coach, Mr. Involved just happens to have 7 new players coming in to help them out.

You see the I am involved story is just a smoke screen for I don't have a job and need money so I will run a bunch of clinics have you pay big money So I can feed my family. Then if your not good enough or I don't develop you enough I will get players from other schools. This way I can claim I have a great program so Hopefully then TP can convince St. Cloud to hire me than I can have a real job and don't need to run all these clinics.

If he was so good and so involved their youth teams would not be in the position there and he could win with his home grown North talent. He can only ride the 31-0 team so long. Also if you look. Back those kids were developed in a program that was run by others not him. He got the benefit of them.

Hope it works out for all these kids that have been promised greatness.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Goto
Sounds like you have an axe to grind with the coach. He isn't going to please everybody, but seemed to address issues that happen within the program. I don't know the so called recruiting issue, but it seems every decent program has kids moving in, not just Lakeville. Just because players come through a system doesn't mean it's their turn. There maybe move ins or younger players that are better. When he picks his team at the high school, all the kids that are eligible should have the same opportunity, that's how it is.
boblee

Re: Strong Class recruited at Lakeville North

Post by boblee »

Gotothenetman wrote:From recent reports looks like the Lakeville North Staff has landed a strong recruiting class this year. Reports are close to 8 signees.

Here is the latest scouting report rankings. Looks like they landed just behind BC and ahead of the Gophers.

1 BC
2 Lakeville North
3 Gophers
4 St. Cloud
5 Wisconsin
6 Michigan
7 Denver
8 Omaha
9 Ohio State
10 BU

Funny thing is I thought recruiting was not allowed in High School? I guess North has different rules. Or their Coach does not care. What is the scholarship limited for a High School.? Well if you can't develop your own players I guess ho recruit them. I guess 3 days at the Excel in March will cause people to loose all integrity of high school sports., but the hot dogs are good there I admit.

Really sad that kids are being mislead and parents allow it. These high school years you will never get back cheated by some people that are above the rules, good sales people and unfortunately most times it does not work out and kids can't get those years back.

Really sad where is the MSHSL isnt this their job to try and protect this from happening.
This might have been a funny, creative post. I can't tell due to the enormous amount of errors and typos.
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

Gotothenetman wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote:My guess is it sounds like Eigner is a lot more involved with the youth program than most high school coaches are so I wouldn't think meetings like this are going on all over, no. I certainly could be wrong though.

Probably a naive comment.......but I can't imagine the folks at the MSHSL wouldn't cringe at least a little over the parts where he is somewhat flippant about kids moving into the program.
I would guess most HS coaches have a meeting of sone kind like this. The difference is they don't have to put a bunch of BS out there to cover there A$$ when they cut kids for recruits.

If he is so involved and such a great Coach why are his youth teams struggling so much. It must be just coincidence that this Bantam group he is talking to is hoping to get to. 500. So wonder boy Coach, Mr. Involved just happens to have 7 new players coming in to help them out.

You see the I am involved story is just a smoke screen for I don't have a job and need money so I will run a bunch of clinics have you pay big money So I can feed my family. Then if your not good enough or I don't develop you enough I will get players from other schools. This way I can claim I have a great program so Hopefully then TP can convince St. Cloud to hire me than I can have a real job and don't need to run all these clinics.

If he was so good and so involved their youth teams would not be in the position there and he could win with his home grown North talent. He can only ride the 31-0 team so long. Also if you look. Back those kids were developed in a program that was run by others not him. He got the benefit of them.

You are suppose to coach HS hockey because you have a passion for it, not because it's your main source of income.. Eigner makes roughly $100,000 profit on his 7 week Summer STP program! Kids are forced to do it since he is heavily involved in the youth tryouts.. 40-50 kids on the ice is a Joke.. Great coach? Hardly! Eigner inherited a great group and has not developed his youth program.. He has to recruit everyone knows he can't develop..

Those Rosemount kids should've stayed in Rosemount they have a very special group of 9th graders. They are fools to leave a great program and go to a place where Eigner is always looking for the next best thing.. A couple of those kids are going to fail at North and when they do they will not hesitate to throw Eigner under the bus.. The gong show will start after HS cuts are made.. And congrats to Rosemount for developing such a deep group of kids.. You don't see anyone going after the North kids!
boblee

Post by boblee »

OBOY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:

You are suppose to coach HS hockey because you have a passion for it, not because it's your main source of income.. Eigner makes roughly $100,000 profit on his 7 week Summer STP program! Kids are forced to do it since he is heavily involved in the youth tryouts.. 40-50 kids on the ice is a Joke.. Great coach? Hardly! Eigner inherited a great group and has not developed his youth program.. He has to recruit everyone knows he can't develop..

Those Rosemount kids should've stayed in Rosemount they have a very special group of 9th graders. They are fools to leave a great program and go to a place where Eigner is always looking for the next best thing.. A couple of those kids are going to fail at North and when they do they will not hesitate to throw Eigner under the bus.. The gong show will start after HS cuts are made.. And congrats to Rosemount for developing such a deep group of kids.. You don't see anyone going after the North kids!
$100,000 profit? In what world? If there are 50 skaters, that would be $2,000 per kid just to get to $100,000 of income. We know that ice/facility rental isn't cheap. He might make some money, but at the end of the day it is closer to $0 than it is to $100,000.
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

boblee wrote:
OBOY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote: I would guess most HS coaches have a meeting of sone kind like this. The difference is they don't have to put a bunch of BS out there to cover there A$$ when they cut kids for recruits.

$100,000 profit? In what world? If there are 50 skaters, that would be $2,000 per kid just to get to $100,000 of income. We know that ice/facility rental isn't cheap. He might make some money, but at the end of the day it is closer to $0 than it is to $100,000.
Your wrong Bobbie Boy. He will tell you he is so involved he runs clinics in the Spring, Summer and Fall. He runs them I guess from High School (when allowed I assume) through Squirts. That's 4 groups 3 times a year so 12 sessions. So if he makes $7 to $8k a session it's closer to $100k than $0 my friend. If all coaches could have that much time with their kids they would not need other programs kids. OBOY said it best why does no other program want his kids? Well there are probably kids that other programs would like to have the difference is the other coaches Follow The Rules.
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

boblee wrote:
OBOY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote: I would guess most HS coaches have a meeting of sone kind like this. The difference is they don't have to put a bunch of BS out there to cover there A$$ when they cut kids for recruits.

Very simple math! He makes more than $100,000

Let's do the Peewees..

25 hours of ice x $150 per hour (he actually probably gets a better rate being its summer day hours..)

25 ice hours x $150 per hour= $3,750.

40 kids x $900 what he charges = $36,000. (Actually has more than 40 kids)

$36,000 in sign ups - $3,750 in ice charges = $32,250 profit.

HS Profit. $32,250
Bantam Profit. $32,250
Peewee Profit. $32,250
Squirt Profit. $32,250

Total profit. $129,000..
You know Enback takes zero money he has plenty. And any other coaches are paid very minimal.. Eigner shows up for the first week and then disappears at the youth level..

This is why Lakeville youth program is in trouble! Families are expected to pay $36/hr of ice with 40+ kids on the ice..or as I like to put it Eigner is making $1,290 per hour!
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

So if a person has a passion to coach HS hockey he is suppose to only earn what the school district pays? Really don't follow the logic. Last time I had a passionate plumber at my house I got a bill. Also the generalization that 50 kids are on the ice, with Konik and Kraft working with the association, I would doubt they would allow this knowing their hockey backgrounds. Sounds like disgruntled parents to me?
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

mulefarm wrote:So if a person has a passion to coach HS hockey he is suppose to only earn what the school district pays? Really don't follow the logic. Last time I had a passionate plumber at my house I got a bill. Also the generalization that 50 kids are on the ice, with Konik and Kraft working with the association, I would doubt they would allow this knowing their hockey backgrounds. Sounds like disgruntled parents to me?

Should A HS coach make that kind of money in a 7 week period? HS coach should have another job right? Coaches should be capped at $100/hour that would be fair.. Check the number there are more than 40 at every group.. Parents hate it! The development sucks and they feel forced to have to do it because Eigner plays a major influence during tryout time...

See this is what he could do if he truly cared about his Lakeville North families and kids..

Ice: $150/per hour
Eigner $100/per hour
Enback $100/per hour
Kraft. $100/per hour

25 hours x $450 per hour with ice and staff. = $11,250
40 kids / $11,250 = $281.25 per skater.. Heck round up to $300

Seems extremely fair to me.. $900 is completely ridiculous..
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

So you want to limit a HS coaches income? Wow! People are free to make choices. Don't like it, don't sign up. Instead of complaining on here, put your energy into making things change. Go to your board. In fact it might be a good idea for you to have a meeting with Eniger?
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

mulefarm wrote:So you want to limit a HS coaches income? Wow! People are free to make choices. Don't like it, don't sign up. Instead of complaining on here, put your energy into making things change. Go to your board. In fact it might be a good idea for you to have a meeting with Eniger?

He makes more in 7 weeks than a school teacher with their masters! I will not have to do any of your suggestions! Eigners greed and arrogance will be enough for his down fall.. Everything he has ever touched he has left a pile of crap behind. Just a matter of time! Not complaining just giving people facts..
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

You are just giving your opinion, which is different than facts!
boblee

Post by boblee »

OBOY wrote:
boblee wrote:
OBOY wrote: You are suppose to coach HS hockey because you have a passion for it, not because it's your main source of income.. Eigner makes roughly $100,000 profit on his 7 week Summer STP program! Kids are forced to do it since he is heavily involved in the youth tryouts.. 40-50 kids on the ice is a Joke.. Great coach? Hardly! Eigner inherited a great group and has not developed his youth program.. He has to recruit everyone knows he can't develop..

Very simple math! He makes more than $100,000

Let's do the Peewees..

25 hours of ice x $150 per hour (he actually probably gets a better rate being its summer day hours..)

25 ice hours x $150 per hour= $3,750.

40 kids x $900 what he charges = $36,000. (Actually has more than 40 kids)

$36,000 in sign ups - $3,750 in ice charges = $32,250 profit.

HS Profit. $32,250
Bantam Profit. $32,250
Peewee Profit. $32,250
Squirt Profit. $32,250

Total profit. $129,000..
You know Enback takes zero money he has plenty. And any other coaches are paid very minimal.. Eigner shows up for the first week and then disappears at the youth level..

This is why Lakeville youth program is in trouble! Families are expected to pay $36/hr of ice with 40+ kids on the ice..or as I like to put it Eigner is making $1,290 per hour!
I'd still be shocked if he is making a 6-figure profit from putting on clinics. But, if he is, he is also putting in a TON of hours.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

OBOY wrote:
mulefarm wrote:So you want to limit a HS coaches income? Wow! People are free to make choices. Don't like it, don't sign up. Instead of complaining on here, put your energy into making things change. Go to your board. In fact it might be a good idea for you to have a meeting with Eniger?

He makes more in 7 weeks than a school teacher with their masters! I will not have to do any of your suggestions! Eigners greed and arrogance will be enough for his down fall.. Everything he has ever touched he has left a pile of crap behind. Just a matter of time! Not complaining just giving people facts..
Good thing he cut your kid before turning him into a pile of crap.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

mulefarm wrote:I don't know the so called recruiting issue, but it seems every decent program has kids moving in........
It's a wee bit of an over simplification to pass 8 new kids from other programs moving in in one year off as "it seems every decent program has kids moving in"....... Don't you think?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Section 8 guy wrote:
mulefarm wrote:I don't know the so called recruiting issue, but it seems every decent program has kids moving in........
It's a wee bit of an over simplification to pass 8 new kids from other programs moving in in one year off as "it seems every decent program has kids moving in"....... Don't you think?
It might be. Do we know for sure it is 8, and if they open enrolled, moved or some other way?
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I do not know first hand that it is 8 new players. I did inquire about who did transfer twice earlier and no one filled in the blanks there. If the number is much lower than that the point of the discussion could certainly change.
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Section 8 guy wrote:I do not know first hand that it is 8 new players. I did inquire about who did transfer twice earlier and no one filled in the blanks there. If the number is much lower than the at the point of the discussion could certainly change.
I don't think it's best practice to be putting names of kids out on this site. It's my understanding that there is 1 Rochester player, a New Prague player, 4 Rosemount players, a Prior Lake player and 1 from Kansas City which I have heard moved here so not the same as others. The rumor is there is a Cottage Grove player and Sibley player, but unsure on this.

It is also known that Mr. Eigner was sniffing around the real nice group of Apple Valley players coming through the pipeline now. I think they may be 1st year Bantams.

Oh and how can I forget the Lakeville South player. Add them up. Mr. Eigner must be just that lucky that all these kids just happened to move to North this year. Same time one of his weakest Bantam groups is showing up. By a powerball Trent luck is on your side.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

OBOY wrote:

He makes more in 7 weeks than a school teacher with their masters!
Is that a bad thing? Would you turn down an opportunity to add extra income?
The U invented swagger.
slapshot6699

Post by slapshot6699 »

So, what would a kid be offered when recruited? Did they all move to LN? Are they all 9th graders?
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

slapshot6699 wrote:So, what would a kid be offered when recruited? Did they all move to LN? Are they all 9th graders?
Great question what have they been promised? They are all 9th graders. One I believe moved in from KC. Interesting none of them registered for Bantams........um um. Must be real confident they will land somewhere in the high school program even with almost 70 kids trying out.
observer

Post by observer »

9th grade is bantam. This coach is out of control and has to go. He's totally lost sight of the school and community mission. There should be zero support for his shenanigans.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

observer wrote:9th grade is bantam. This coach is out of control and has to go. He's totally lost sight of the school and community mission. There should be zero support for his shenanigans.
Are all 9th graders bantam age? Or do some get redshirted? Also at the parents meeting I didn't hear one question about these shenanigans. Either weak parents or not what people have stated on here.
boblee

Post by boblee »

mulefarm wrote:
observer wrote:9th grade is bantam. This coach is out of control and has to go. He's totally lost sight of the school and community mission. There should be zero support for his shenanigans.
Are all 9th graders bantam age? Or do some get redshirted? Also at the parents meeting I didn't hear one question about these shenanigans. Either weak parents or not what people have stated on here.
There is certainly a degree of "bored" overreaction. Almost always is.
slapshot6699

Post by slapshot6699 »

[quote="Gotothenetman"]Great question what have they been promised? They are all 9th graders. One I believe moved in from KC. Interesting none of them registered for Bantams........um um. Must be real confident they will land somewhere in the high school program even with almost 70 kids trying out.[/quote]

So they are going to play JV? Why would a bantam-aged player do that? North's varsity team still has a very strong base. Can't think of who would get replaced by a 9th grade move-in. Is there confusion and maybe they are going to South? They could use some help.