St. Cloud Cathedral at Duluth Denfeld 12/22

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Duluth Denfeld
43%
St. Cloud Cathedral
57%

Total votes: 28

Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Hunters - 6
Crusaders - 4

Another quick goal for the Hunters 8:43 into 2nd
-Crusaders starting goalie got a 10:00 misconduct penalty and sat in the penalty box for most of the 1st period. (that is when it started to get crazy) He went back into the game at the start of the 2nd. (I had never seen that before, where the goalie actually sits in the box.)
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Hunters - 6
Crusaders - 5

PP goal for Crusaders at 15:20 of 2nd
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Hunters - 7
Crusaders - 5

Hunters score to increase lead at 9:04 of 3rd.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Hunters - 8
Crusaders - 6

Crusaders scored to make it 7-5, Hunters scored at 15:12 of 3rd to make it 8-6.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Hunters - 9
Crusaders - 6

Johnson scored at 16:16 to pretty much seal the W.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Denfeld - 9
St. Cloud Cathedral - 6

FINAL

Shots
DD - 34
SCC - 36

I don't think anyone predicted this!?!? :shock:
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

Must not have been much defense for either team, or goaltending
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

So much for Denfeld not being able to generate any offense against SCC, eh?!

A lot of people underestimate them but wow can they put the puck in the net. Honestly, out of the 9 goals they scored 1 or 2 may have been soft. SCC also kicked in a goal that the refs did not wave off. SCC loved to throw a quick jab to the head after a majority of their hits too, but as I said they would Denfeld played a clean game. Both teams had their fair share of penalties, many of the calls were VERY questionable.
MNhockeyhog

Post by MNhockeyhog »

Yeap, told ya Denfeld would come out hot and win the game.. SCC is overrated and Denfeld showed they are a good team and can score. Eveyone for Denfeld contributed to the W.
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

How many goals did Jake Johnson score tonight???
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

minyhocky wrote:Must not have been much defense for either team, or goaltending
SCC's goalie got a 10-minute misconduct for saying something stupid to the ref. Denfeld scored like 3 goals on 5 shots on SCC's back-up goalie.

SCC definately kicked that one in to the net, no questions asked.

It's a game SCC shouldn't really worry to much about. They played brutal defensively and that's the best part of their game. They also scored 6 goals on what is said to be their weak point.

They'll probably meet again in the section semis and I'm sure it will be a TOTALLY different game, regardless of who wins.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
MN_Hockey

Post by MN_Hockey »

SCC is Over-rated.
Jerry Lee

Post by Jerry Lee »

Yeah the comment about being over-rated...thats why games like this happen.

I heard that SCC was playing like crap at practice and the coach just didnt know what was going on.

The whole rating thing is a joke...the only time it matters is for playoffs.

SCC has got to get back to their game - they better come out ready for Apollo in the GCC
mvp3

Post by mvp3 »

denfeld is fast. i was there and scc's defense was getting burned and playing way toooo aggressive against denfelds speed. im not trying to take anything away from denfeld but i think the main factor in this game was hess' 10 min misconduct. the backup wasnt ready for a game like this and this really shook up the whole team. when hess got out he could not put it back together. this was a very exciting game, i would love to see a rematch in the section semi's.i dont know about denfeld but i know scc just did not bring their "a" game.

p.s. that goal wasnt kicked in i was on that side of the net watching
fkahckyprofessor20

If you want to compare the way Denfeld played on Friday against SCC to the way they played Tuesday against CEC one word sums it up - sloppy. Denfeld has played much better hockey than what they brought to the table Friday night. So anyone can say oh SCC played horrible, well expect a better performance from Denfeld as well if a rematch happens in the playoffs.
mvp3

Post by mvp3 »

i wasnt taking anything away from denfeld. i havent seen them play so i dont know what they look like.i just know that scc didnt bring it but if they want to be a top contender they need to bring it every night. i hope there will be a playoff rematch.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

MN_Hockey wrote:SCC is Over-rated.
No their not
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

how did nate schmidt look
mvp3

Post by mvp3 »

schmidt played pretty good but not his best. he ripped a pair of rockets in the first for his 2 goals and i think he had an assist or two. it exciting to watch him everytime he touches the puck.
scottparker

Post by scottparker »

DD and SCC both looked BAD. I've never seen SCC look so crappy, but then again I've never seen a ref take a goalie so quickly and cost a team like that. No excuses though, if SCC's goalie wants to play in the big league, he better learn to keep his mouth shut and play. His emotions will cost this team down the road. I think that rattled the team in a big way.

J. Johnson is fast, but he is the biggest pu$$ie I've ever watched. He likes to get in and hack on the goalie, then skate away as fast as possible so he doesn't get hit. If anyone is reading this and wants to know how to beat Denfeld: Put your meanest SOB on your goaile's left side, and crush Johnson about 3 times. He'll disappear very fast.

Neither team had defense. Let's face it, scoring six goals and not winning is amazing. Neither one of these teams should be in the top 10 or 15, as far as I'm concerned.

If I were SCC's coach, I'd probably move Schmidt to a forward as all he wants to do is score goals. His D play was an embarassement to the game.

So, the guys to watch were J. Johnson and N. Schmidt. I give both of them a B- rating for the game. Neither team has anything to brag about, and if they meet in the playoffs, I don't have a clue who will come out on top.

I will predict that if SCC doesn't pull this together, they will crumble in their Holiday tournament, the Granite City Classic.
fkahckyprofessor20

Hey Parker it's called a bad game, every team has them and it just so happens that both teams had a bad game Friday night. If you think that J Johnson is the only player that Denfeld has then you got another thing coming. Out of 9 goals scored he had 3 points - 2 of those were assists. If you want to judge Denfeld watch them again before the season is done, that was probably their worst performance of the year.

Also, when you beat top 10 teams, you belong in the top 10. Denfeld has now beatin two of those.
scottparker

Post by scottparker »

fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:Hey Parker it's called a bad game, every team has them and it just so happens that both teams had a bad game Friday night. If you think that J Johnson is the only player that Denfeld has then you got another thing coming. Out of 9 goals scored he had 3 points - 2 of those were assists. If you want to judge Denfeld watch them again before the season is done, that was probably their worst performance of the year.

Also, when you beat top 10 teams, you belong in the top 10. Denfeld has now beatin two of those.
Now son, if you want to respond directly to a statement, then read the darned thing first... If you did then your test scores for reading comprehension must be terrible. ;-) I never said Johnson is the only player for DD, just like I didn't say that Schmidt is the only player for SCC. I said that they are the players listed as "the ones to watch".. Neither did what they should have done.

Both teams had bad games, I agree. Top ten teams shouldn't have bad games like this though. Now, that's MY opinion, and not fact, so don't get your shorts in another bind, OK? It's best not to let this stuff get to you so personally, your team will come through, and I would say that DD has a fair chance of being in the top of 2A.. but DM and SCC may still have something to say about it..

Relax, and have a Merry Christmas, you got a present early last night.
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

The sign of a top team is how it will learn and bounce back from a bad game. SCC was probably due for a game like this. The GCC will be very interesting for SCC. It'll have to have a very strong performance by its entire team and an even better performance and level-headedness by its goalie to regain its confidence and get back on a roll. Giving up 9 goals to DD is a far cry from holding Lourdes to 2 goals which SCC did last week. No one can say that DD has a more potent offense than Lourdes. I agree with Parker, the SCC goalie could cost this team another big game down the road UNLESS he does a better job of maintaining his composure. While DD seems to have a very good offense, there are definite questions about its defense and goaltending.
fkahckyprofessor20

scottparker wrote:
fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:Hey Parker it's called a bad game, every team has them and it just so happens that both teams had a bad game Friday night. If you think that J Johnson is the only player that Denfeld has then you got another thing coming. Out of 9 goals scored he had 3 points - 2 of those were assists. If you want to judge Denfeld watch them again before the season is done, that was probably their worst performance of the year.

Now son, if you want to respond directly to a statement, then read the darned thing first... If you did then your test scores for reading comprehension must be terrible. ;-) I never said Johnson is the only player for DD, just like I didn't say that Schmidt is the only player for SCC. I said that they are the players listed as "the ones to watch".. Neither did what they should have done.

Both teams had bad games, I agree. Top ten teams shouldn't have bad games like this though. Now, that's MY opinion, and not fact, so don't get your shorts in another bind, OK? It's best not to let this stuff get to you so personally, your team will come through, and I would say that DD has a fair chance of being in the top of 2A.. but DM and SCC may still have something to say about it..

Relax, and have a Merry Christmas, you got a present early last night.

Alright bud, for one, if you're the same age as half the kids on this board you are in no place to be calling me "son." I'm not disappointed, and I couldn't care less what your miniscule opinion may be, especially when you are making judgement off a single game. No one's shorts are in a bind here, I think it's hilarious that Denfeld gets little to no respect on this board, gets the big win, and suddenly the team they beat is "in a drought." Everyone says time to bounce back, that was SCC's only loss of the season. It's not like they have a streak to bust. I was perfectly relaxed with my comment, obviously you have a very hard time with criticism, that's fine, you're not alone man.

And actually yes, in high school hockey top ten teams DO have bad games. Why don't you ask CDH about their loss to DM and STA about their 6-2 loss tonight against CDH. Teams have bad games, the kids are still too young to play at their absolute best every night.

So go ahead Parker come on down and make a few other statements trying to make yourself look superior to others, cause hey, talkin sh*t on the internet is cool!
scottparker

Post by scottparker »

Again, you need to READ what I said, not INTO what I said. Reading comprehension is important for when you get into high school. :-) (see, that means I'm just playin')

Yeah, I can call you and pretty much anyone on this forum "son" as I have put in my time. I'm not going to get into a "smack-down" as I think that ruins more threads than anything. I've voiced my opinion and I stand by my statement that I don't think either team belongs in the top ten. Yes, after one game. But that's MY opinion, and mine only. If you think DD should be higher, then by all means that's OK. I don't care if someone puts them in the top ten, that's what they do.

Let's move on to more important things, eh?

Merry Christmas to all!!