Clinton proposes 401(k)s, matching funds ??

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: The most important issue (National Defense).

Post by east hockey »

Knowlzee wrote:To our site administrator,....what good are social programs, educational programs, welfare programs,......if we are eliminated from the face of this earth? Do you remember September 11, 2001?

Do you really think this was an isolated incident by one guy (Bin Laden), who was able to talk a few others into flying planes into our buildings, just for the fun of it? Or could it be that MANY people, in many countries (including our own) truly hate us, and our way of life,.....and would like to see us eliminated from this earth.

Could it be that the incident on September 11, was the culmination of many, many years (at least since Carter in the 70's) of ignoring a group of people that hate us?

Do you really think that one hit to our buildings and people will be enough,....or would they like to do it again?

Thank God most people in this country have figured this out, and support our President and our National Defense.

Can we really afford to risk a second attack on this country,.....just so the remainder of the few who have already forgotten what happened on September 11, 2001 can get back on board,......or do we continue to fight (and defeat) those that hate us, in Iraq?

Again, thank God we have a president that realizes the seriousness of this situation. Will the next leader that we elect, realize the importance of this situation? Lets pray that he does.

Duluth may not be the next place of attack,.....but it may be third. :) Should we risk it?
You're still trying to connect 9/11 to our invasion of Iraq? Dumb. It's something I'd expect Bader to come up with. Even most Republicans are running from that position in light of the mess it's become, thanks to no real planning from Dubbya and his fellow fools other than "let's get Sadaam".

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Knowlzee wrote: Again, thank God we have a president that realizes the seriousness of this situation. Will the next leader that we elect, realize the importance of this situation? Lets pray that he does.

That would eliminate one canidate!
Hurray!
:D
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

elliott70 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
elliott70 wrote:If you do not like the job offer, do not accept it.
Why the heck is it even a part of employment consideration?
No offense to you elliott but how stupid is that.... "well your qualifications are good and we'd really like to have you come aboard, but because you have expressed that you won't participate in our mandatory 401k we can't hire you"
????
Kind of falls out of the old equal opportunity thing huh! almost discriminary !

If that's taking place I would be concerned that it is being used as a tax shelter for the upper 1/3 of the participants. found the loop hole maybe?
I will do some more checking on this as I think it's ridiculus.

When I first heard it at a seminar, I thought, 'They can't do that'
But they did, they do.
And for most it is just a plus because the ones that I know are doing it, pay big time.

I am not sure if these companies are on the good or evil side. :D
After some research on this, auto enrollment can be done..but the opt out must be explained up front, and participation is not mandatory.

Not sure how it got to a pro life- pro choice thing but it's not suprising that it trailed off there :lol: :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

east hockey wrote:
packerboy wrote:Hey puckster, debt can be a good thing,

Reagan brought the Commies down and broke up the USSR. Now his protege Bush is kickin butt over in the desert.

Carter didnt have the guts to deal with anything, neither did Clinton, who was too busy with Monica.

Bush has to deal with 911 and Reagan had to crush the Soviet Union.
Its not cheap to do.

The biggest debt we ever had was after WWII(in proportion to GNP).

If we didnt icurr that debt to beat the Axis we wouldnt exist today so we could freely express our views ...so long as its OK with Mitch and Lee.
Funniest.Post.Ever.

Lee
Lee,
Debt can't be a good thing?
How would most of us afford to buy a house, a car.....

How would most businesses start... expand.....

How would the govenrment afford welfare, education...
Cut defense or infrastructure spending......

Yes, all of us would like to have no debt, but we still want that spring break vacation....

Government debt maybe too high as we speak, but debt is not a bad thing.

How would we build a new school, hospital, sewer systems...

PB is right.

And Lee, please don't kick me off the 'bored.'
Go Greyhounds! :D
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Why the heck is it even a part of employment consideration?
No offense to you elliott but how stupid is that.... "well your qualifications are good and we'd really like to have you come aboard, but because you have expressed that you won't participate in our mandatory 401k we can't hire you"
????
Kind of falls out of the old equal opportunity thing huh! almost discriminary !

If that's taking place I would be concerned that it is being used as a tax shelter for the upper 1/3 of the participants. found the loop hole maybe?
I will do some more checking on this as I think it's ridiculus.

When I first heard it at a seminar, I thought, 'They can't do that'
But they did, they do.
And for most it is just a plus because the ones that I know are doing it, pay big time.

I am not sure if these companies are on the good or evil side. :D
After some research on this, auto enrollment can be done..but the opt out must be explained up front, and participation is not mandatory.

Not sure how it got to a pro life- pro choice thing but it's not suprising that it trailed off there :lol: :lol:

Can't wait until Lent!
:lol:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

east hockey wrote:
Knowlzee wrote:To our site administrator,....what good are social programs, educational programs, welfare programs,......if we are eliminated from the face of this earth? Do you remember September 11, 2001?

Do you really think this was an isolated incident by one guy (Bin Laden), who was able to talk a few others into flying planes into our buildings, just for the fun of it? Or could it be that MANY people, in many countries (including our own) truly hate us, and our way of life,.....and would like to see us eliminated from this earth.

Could it be that the incident on September 11, was the culmination of many, many years (at least since Carter in the 70's) of ignoring a group of people that hate us?

Do you really think that one hit to our buildings and people will be enough,....or would they like to do it again?

Thank God most people in this country have figured this out, and support our President and our National Defense.

Can we really afford to risk a second attack on this country,.....just so the remainder of the few who have already forgotten what happened on September 11, 2001 can get back on board,......or do we continue to fight (and defeat) those that hate us, in Iraq?

Again, thank God we have a president that realizes the seriousness of this situation. Will the next leader that we elect, realize the importance of this situation? Lets pray that he does.

Duluth may not be the next place of attack,.....but it may be third. :) Should we risk it?
You're still trying to connect 9/11 to our invasion of Iraq? Dumb. It's something I'd expect Bader to come up with. Even most Republicans are running from that position in light of the mess it's become, thanks to no real planning from Dubbya and his fellow fools other than "let's get Sadaam".

Lee

Typical left wing, turn the other cheek and let the terrorists run our country attitude. Forget about the thousands that lost their lives for no reason in the towers, how can we raise taxes and place blame on the right? What a sad life it must be to be so negative and do nothing to change it :roll: Support our troops and all they fight for!
tomASS

Re: Deficit and Debt

Post by tomASS »

AngusYoung wrote:
So, why stop with Iraq. Using that reasoning, let's roll on through North Korea, China, Russia and everywhere else we do not approve of. C'mon, this war had little to do with "saving" the Iraqi's and had much more to do with strategic stronghold.

AY 8)
If they are committing genocide then, yes that type of evil must be ended. Did you have a problem with Clinton when the atrocities in Serbia took us (and still keeps us) over there?. There was less happening there compared to what Saddam was doing.

If the strategic stronghold means protecting Israel, then go ahead and use that word. If it means to provide a platform to fight, defeat, and destroy terrorist groups within the region so we don't have to do it here, then again go ahead and use strategic stronghold.

here is a fact that people forget - THERE HAS NEVER BEEN PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

and there may be peace ever in the middle east,

However if there is any hope of stabilzation and a move towards peace, there needs to be an exerted presence and pressure of order to steer it in that direction. The current action (long term) is the best chance for establishing a building block for peace. Negotiated peace has always been the 2 minutes between rounds before the fight starts again. If this fails then there will certainly never be peace in the middle east.

And don't get me going on Pro-choice PETA liberals
fighting all who rob or plunder
TTpuckster

Come again?

Post by TTpuckster »

packerboy wrote:Hey puckster, debt can be a good thing,

Reagan brought the Commies down and broke up the USSR. Now his protege Bush is kickin butt over in the desert.

Carter didnt have the guts to deal with anything, neither did Clinton, who was too busy with Monica.

Bush has to deal with 911 and Reagan had to crush the Soviet Union.
Its not cheap to do.

The biggest debt we ever had was after WWII(in proportion to GNP).

If we didnt icurr that debt to beat the Axis we wouldnt exist today so we could freely express our views ...so long as its OK with Mitch and Lee.
OK PB.

We'll ignore BIAF's riff raff since he appears to have about as many brain cells working at Jr.

Reagan's way of helping to bring down communism?
Arm the Taliban and Bin Laden = Good Plan?

I agree that Jr. had to deal with 911. Then why didn't he?
With the money he has spent in Iraq increasing our debt, he could've easily had the Ring Leader Bin Laden, (you know, the one that Reagan armed)

Doesn't matter how you spin it, Reagan and Jr. are bad money managers. I sure wouldn't want them running my company.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

tomASS wrote: And don't get me going on Pro-choice PETA liberals
Don't lump me in with those PETA idiots. As long as it ends up on my plate with a side of garlic mashed potatoes, you can take care of a cow any way you choose (well, almost).

I'm sure you're all going to be devastated, but I'm bowing out of this thread because we're all turning into CircleWatcher, which I'm pretty sure was CNT's intent when he started this thread... I think he's PUNK'd us all!

Besides, unlike others sects, I don't feel all that strong about "saving" you, or "converting" you... my ego doesn't allow me to believe that my thoughts are somehow superior to others. I have my opinions, everybody who has read this thread now knows them... so what? Does it change anything? No. The people who need my (our) influence aren't on this board. I can only go around here so many times.

I'm trying to like you people, dammit!!! I'd still go have a beer with any one of you... even those of you that are so clearly wrong (even BIAFP... although I'm sure he's above being seen in public with a "pinhead") :wink:! Well, maybe not all of you... PB's catholic school obsession doesn't belong anywhere near any "establishment" I'd patronize with the rest of you :lol:!

It's been a barrel of monkeys discussing this with all of you, and wish the best to whoever wins it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you back on the trivial threads!
Last edited by Govs93 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Govs93 wrote:
Don't lump me in with those PETA idiots. As long as it ends up on my plate with a side of garlic mashed potatoes, you can take care of a cow any way you choose (well, almost).

I'm sure you're all going to be devistated, but I'm bowing out of this thread because we're all turning into CircleWatcher, which I'm pretty sure was CNT's intent when he started this thread... I think he's PUNK'd us all!
Besides, unlike others sects, I don't feel all that strong about "saving" you, or "converting" you... my ego doesn't allow me to believe that my thoughts are somehow superior to others. I have my thoughts, everyboy who has read this thread now knows them... so what? Does it change anything? No. The people who need my (our) influence aren't on this board. I can only go around so many times.

I'm trying to like you people, dammit!!! I'd still go have a beer with any one of you... even those of you that are so clearly wrong (even BIAFP... although I'm sure he's above being seen in public with a "pinhead") :wink:! Well, maybe not all of you... PB's catholic school obsession doesn't belong anywhere near any "establishment" I'd patronize with the rest of you :lol:!

It's been a barrell of mokeys discussing this with all of you, and wish the best to whoever wins it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This occurred to me as well, while engaged in my workout this evening.

So, the question to CNT is, what pound test line did you use? And, is the pond fished out yet? Image

The most reasonable responses in this thread, btw, belong to Elliott. He was the closest to a centrist position I've seen. As for Bader, well, the world needs knee-jerk neo-cons, too. Makes the liberals look better.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

east hockey wrote: Makes the liberals look better.

Lee
Tall order, but I think Bader comes through...
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

east hockey wrote: I'm sure you're all going to be devistated, but I'm bowing out of this thread because we're all turning into CircleWatcher, which I'm pretty sure was CNT's intent when he started this thread... I think he's PUNK'd us all!

yep he is lurking, laughing and looking for the net
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

tomASS wrote:
east hockey wrote: I'm sure you're all going to be devistated, but I'm bowing out of this thread because we're all turning into CircleWatcher, which I'm pretty sure was CNT's intent when he started this thread... I think he's PUNK'd us all!

yep he is lurking, laughing and looking for the net
You quoted the wrong person there. Want me to correct that for you?

And if I were him, I'd throw us all back. Not a keeper on the string.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Can't Never Tried

:o Geezz light one match and the whole place burns up :roll:

Lee, I dropped the rod on Tuesday when I realized they were just jumping in the boat... :lol: I'd like to think I was that clever!

As for you Govs :x Thanks....that's a solid kick in the junk!! I strained an optic nerve when I read that :shock: Circlewatcher my #@*
Besides if I was doing that you would have seen me in between each post with a "But what if" or "I'm just curious" etc. :lol:
and I actually stayed on topic.........for once.

One thing I did see is we have enough left and right wings and a center or two to have a solid line, and all of you have shown you are more then capable of playing defense......I'll continue to man the nets..if ya get my drift :D

Probably time to close this book huh!!!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
One thing I did see is we have enough left and right wings and a center or two to have a solid line, and all of you have shown you are more then capable of playing defense......I'll continue to man the nets..if ya get my drift :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Can't Never Tried wrote: and I actually stayed on topic.........for once.
What was what threw us all off, that you were on topic! It was a puzzlement.

Close the book? Eh, dunno yet. The pond appears fished out other than just trolling out the same version or repeating what everyone has already said. The idea of changing or even slightly altering anyone's stance went out the window with the first "L" word. We're all right, you know. Rule #1.

I was tempted to engage Mark in a monologue about the abortion issue, but that would make me a Message Board Arsonist, so I decided that some issues should remain untouched/taboo. Come to think of it, politics and religion were taboo until we all ignored Mitch.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Can't Never Tried

east hockey wrote:

Close the book? Eh, dunno yet. The pond appears fished out other than just trolling out the same version or repeating what everyone has already said. The idea of changing or even slightly altering anyone's stance went out the window with the first "L" word. We're all right, you know. Rule #1.

I was tempted to engage Mark in a monologue about the abortion issue, but that would make me a Message Board Arsonist, so I decided that some issues should remain untouched/taboo. Come to think of it, politics and religion were taboo until we all ignored Mitch.

Lee
Boy you can say that again! :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Boy you can say that again! :lol:
Heh, I clicked "Send", saw the hourglass was stuck and clicked Send again. Both then went through so I just went ahead and deleted the first one.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

What after all that...we're gonna say Oh Let's All be Friends and sing Kumbaya. Ah gee whiz we all got dupe by CNT on a fishing expedition. Left, Right, Liberal, Conservative here are the facts for some of you young whippersnappers and old farts with blinders on. There has been a heck of a lot of finger pointing toward each political party; our government in general; regardless of party has created most of this mess. Our country has been in a state of disparity since before its creation. There have always been the haves and have-nots.

TTPuckster gave us the example of his mother...I'll give you Andrew Carnegie, kid didn't even have shoes when he came to this country but up until the 1960's several of this country's libraries were built with his money.

A Republican led us into the Civil War and a Democrat ended it and then was impeached for improper behavior.

A Republican and Moose Party President lead us into the Spanish-American War.

A Democrat led us into WW1 and couldn't get a Democratically controlled Congress to ratifiy the Treaty of Versailles or get us into the League of Nations.

A Democrat started us through the Roaring '20's a period a great boom and a Republican was in office when it ended.

A Democrat TRIED to solve the problems of the Great Depression was UNSUCCESSFUL with turning the economy around until he fired up the WAR Industrial Complex to support the Lend-Lease Act for England & Russia. (NOTICE we were supplying arms to a future enemy). Getting us into a war most American wanted to stay out of. Why do I say he got us into it. You all would say the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor...what few realize is he cut Japan's oil supplies and basically forced them to attack us. We're in another war for Oil again.

A Democrat ended the war using the Atomic Bomb reasoning it would save 1 million American lives. How many INNOCENT Japanese people were vaporized - tens of thousands.

The same Democrat got us into the Korean Conflict a useless war that was just ended last week.

A Republican lead us through the properous times in the fifties and started to send Advisors to Indochina.

A Democrat escalated the conflict before he was shot.

Another Democrat escalated the conflict even further and didn't have the stomach to finish it and didn't run again.

A Republican ended the war and was forced to resign from misconduct. We got legal abortion when a Republican president presided over a democratic congress.

A Democrat was in office when the hostages were taken in IraN ordered a rescue misson that FAILED in the desert of the Middle East and never did anything else to try rescue these people.

A Republican was in office when the hostage crisis ended. Turned the economy and ended Communism as we know it but gave us Iran-Contra as well as supplying arms to a future enemy in Bin Laden.

A Republican was in office when he ordered our troops to Saudi Arabia to defend our oil rich buddies. Ordered Desert Storm and didn't finish the job the first time.

A Democrat was in office when he ordered Missle strikes against Libya and got us into what turned out to be a quagmire in Serbia & Bosnia. This same president had some personal issues that caused his impeachment. However, he did not lose his office over it. Also, was in office when the Twin Towers were attacked the first time by the same group and had a chance to kill the top guy (Bin Laden) but didn't have the cajones to give the order.

A Republican was in office when our country was attacked on 9/11. Has tried to unsuccessfully to kill or capture the top guy responsible for it. And attacked another country under the guise of WMD and genocide with a real agenda of protecting oil reserves and Israel.

Looks to me like both parties have spent a great deal of money and young American lives on death and destruction and both parties have a hell of a lot of blood on their hands. :shock:

If you really think about it; it's kind of a day wrecker wouldn't you say. :?
Last edited by Undercover Hockey Lover on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

looks to be pretty factual - but please, I hope you're not infering that the blood has been wasted for many of the freedoms we continue to have today in the greatest country on God's given earth. I hope your point is just that both parties have had their shining moments and dreadful moments. Some more than others :wink:

OK so back to Hillary's savings plan :lol: ( I have ADD, what can I say)

thumbs down for me becasue of what I cited earlier.
Last edited by tomASS on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

Two thumbs down from me.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Govs93 wrote:

I'm sure you're all going to be devastated, but I'm bowing out of this thread because we're all turning into CircleWatcher, which I'm pretty sure was CNT's intent when he started this thread... I think he's PUNK'd us all!

Besides, unlike others sects, I don't feel all that strong about "saving" you, or "converting" you... my ego doesn't allow me to believe that my thoughts are somehow superior to others. I have my opinions, everybody who has read this thread now knows them... so what? Does it change anything? No. The people who need my (our) influence aren't on this board. I can only go around here so many times.

It's been a barrel of monkeys discussing this with all of you, and wish the best to whoever wins it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PB is a good guy to have a beer with and BIAFP is a nice guy in person.
So, friend, when and where are you buying. The LIffy in earlly March would fit most of us well. :D
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote: A Democrat ended the war using the Atomic Bomb reasoning it would save 1 million American lives. How many INNOCENT Japanese people were vaporized - tens of thousands.

Saved my father's life.
And, therefore, mine.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I am not so sure about singing anything, but we can still be friends and have a beer or two.

If we were in Ireland, the Middle East, the Pacific rim area, a lot of places across the world, and some in this country; we would be shooting at each other by now.
Drinking beer is better.
As I mentioned to a friend of mine this summer, we need more Scandahoviens.
Can't Never Tried

OK look...... it wasn't a dupe...you guys just went off. :?

Now one of the questions I had... and I'm serious about, is being able to use funds from your 401K to fund college for your kids...tax and penalty free....I think it's a great idea...because many of us did not have the option for the 529 plan, why won't they allow it, is it because of the tax revenue loss? or what.

Now boofin stick to the topic and quit blaming me. :lol: