Section 1AA Semi-finals

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will be in the section finals?

Century/JM
10%
Century/North
65%
Mayo/JM
25%
Mayo/North
No votes

Total votes: 20

xcelcenterorbust08

Section 1AA Semi-finals

Post by xcelcenterorbust08 »

Saturday 2/24
1:00-Century vs Mayo
3:30-JM vs North

who do you think will win and ive been hearing the game times might flip? i dont know if its true but id like to know.
jiffylube131

Post by jiffylube131 »

Century will beat mayo 4-2 North will beat JM 5-2
hockeyface22

Post by hockeyface22 »

who was the goon who think it is going to be mayo/jm??

the stars would certainly have to be in alignment for BOTH jm and mayo to win their games.
mnhockfn2000

Post by mnhockfn2000 »

Why would the games flip?
It's not like Lakeville is playing at 7

North/Century Final
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Century 6
Mayo 1

Century's power play has been brutal, maybe 1 for their last 15-20 (not counting Mankato East) and that was a 5 on 3 against Dodge County. If they decide to play hockey instead of trying to be a physical team they win easy. Mayo's been giving up way too many shots lately; 50 to South, 45 to Albert Lea, 39 to Mankato West. If they had been playing something resembling marginal defense I'd give them a chance but they rely too heavily on Donahue. I've seen goalies make 60 saves and win but usually that comes with a defense packing it in around the goalie forcing shots from the perimeter, Mayo just gives up shot after shot.

Lakeville 6
John Marshall 2

Pirius hasn't been great lately, and JM has Weisner but not much else. JM's powerplay is very good, but unless Lakeville takes dumb penalties that won't be a factor. Kvasnicka's line is about as good as any in 1AA and Lakeville will be able to skate 3 lines to JM's 2. Schmitz is unbeaten in playoff hockey at the Rec Center, that won't end today.

Drive safe
Rippentrop

Post by Rippentrop »

If I picked Mayo/JM, I 'm a goon.

Well, guess what, my favorite movie of all time is The GOONies.
My favorite night club is GOONies comedy Club.
My favorite food is Crab RanGOON.
My favorite thing to do is swim in the LaGOON.

GOON, GOON, I'M A GOON.
GOONIE, GOONIE, GOONIE!!!
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

Goldy - Many of South's shots were from the outside and point...when I saw the stats I thought it was a bit off more like 40. Also that was with 7 or 8 Lakeville South PPs.

Certainly there were some breakdowns by Mayo's D on Thursday but not as bad as earlier in the season.

Century is the favorite but I don't it will be a 5 goal game with the passion/hatred between these two and the face that Mayo's play has been decent down the stretch.