Predictions for Final Advanced 16 team

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Saywhat?03

Predictions for Final Advanced 16 team

Post by Saywhat?03 »

Put your predictions here. A few spots open from last year as some kids moved on to the main camp. Who steps up to take a spot this year??
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

There are 54 spots... Many kids from 15's do not advance to 16's or to 17's. Most hockey watchers know the rate of change between 15-17 is dramatic. Kids stop growing, level off, etc. etc.
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

From what I hear, the 11 that are trying out for the NTDP team get an automatic bye to the Final 54 (since the tryout is the same weekend as the Spring Festival). That would only leave 43 spots to fill from the 160 playing this wekend in the festival.
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

Factsmatter1 is correct - Looking back to last year's list of 102 kids that made the Advanced 15 Summer Festival in St. Cloud, there is only 65 of them still part of this year's Advance 16 group (of 160 kids).
Saywhat?03

We are getting there

Post by Saywhat?03 »

All things said so far are very true, there are ll spots reserved so that makes only 43 available. I imagine most of the kids that made the final team last year will make it this year. NOW... who else do we add to this list. Maybe some kids that got snubbed last year, maybe some new kids on the block??? I can think of a few off hand, who do you have!
High Flyer

Re: We are getting there

Post by High Flyer »

Saywhat?03 wrote:All things said so far are very true, there are ll spots reserved so that makes only 43 available. I imagine most of the kids that made the final team last year will make it this year.
Saywhat?03-I would not be too quick to say that most of the kids who made the team last year will make it this year. A friend of mine sent me the following information after last years select 15's:

Of the 22 players who made the 2007 select 15 national festival:

-Only 4 of 12 forwards made the 2008 advance 16 national festival

-Only 3 of 8 defensemen made the 2008 advance 16 national festival

-No goalies made it back for the 2008 advance 16 national festival

Thats less than 32%. There are a lot a flaws with the 15's process that gets worked out in the 16's.
Last edited by High Flyer on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

And there are plenty of question marks about the 16s this year. I don't think anything gets worked out. There are biases. Some kids have really good tryouts. Some kids are hurt or sick. Some are doing something else. To suggest that there were problems with last year's 15s that are corrected this year with the 16s is not supported at all.
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

It's very early buy I'll throw a few names out there

Forwards:
Boyd
Sit
Burkinbine
Schutt
Labate
Horn
Bahe
Carlson
Cameranesi
Becker
Kroska
Greco
Schow
McCarver

Defence
JD contronio
Van vorris
Molenar
Schulze
Adams
Schurhamer
Hinz
Hall
Bushey
Fleming
Leblanc
Schmitz

Goalies
Mcneely
Graves
Girard

With that said I didn't watch any of the games this weekend. I would be supprised if all those players made the 54s. I know I have a lot of city kids
seek & destroy

Post by seek & destroy »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:It's very early buy I'll throw a few names out there

Forwards:
Boyd
Sit
Burkinbine
Schutt
Labate
Horn
Bahe
Carlson
Cameranesi
Becker
Kroska
Greco
Schow
McCarver

Defence
JD contronio
Van vorris
Molenar
Schulze
Adams
Schurhamer
Hinz
Hall
Bushey
Fleming
Leblanc
Schmitz

Goalies
Mcneely
Graves
Girard

With that said I didn't watch any of the games this weekend. I would be supprised if all those players made the 54s. I know I have a lot of city kids
Certainly several of these kids should be there. It will be interesting to see the final list. I watched parts of a few games and there is some good talent at this level.
TrojanMan1

Post by TrojanMan1 »

Defence
JD contronio
Van vorris
Molenar
Schulze
Adams
Schurhamer
Hinz
Hall
Bushey
Fleming
Leblanc
Schmitz
You can also add Andy Welinski to that list he was at the Ann Arbor tryout as well.
Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 »

Looks like van voorhis and welinski got offers for D men. Not sure they were the best choices but good for them. I would add Mike reilly as a D-man on this thrown together list. The kid has unreal talent, but built like a peanut.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Saywhat?03 wrote:Looks like van voorhis and welinski got offers for D men. Not sure they were the best choices but good for them. I would add Mike reilly as a D-man on this thrown together list. The kid has unreal talent, but built like a peanut.
M. Reilly is the most gifted and skilled high school hockey player in MN with un-canney hockey sense. (I'm not talking just 93's). We all can only hope that he grows, because if he does, he will be a very special and unique player that only comes around once in a while.

It will be interesting to watch Van Voorhis and Welinski in the next round of final 54's to see how fair.
hockey34721

Post by hockey34721 »

Welinski isn't even the best 93 d man in duluth not really sure how he got invited to try out for ntdp
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

hockey34721 wrote:Welinski isn't even the best 93 d man in duluth not really sure how he got invited to try out for ntdp
I heard he got an offer... He must be doing something right
eat sleep hockey

Post by eat sleep hockey »

does any know when they will be posting the final team rosters?
DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia »

eat sleep hockey wrote:does any know when they will be posting the final team rosters?
FYI- :)

James Cotroneo (Hill Murray) Andy Weinski (Duluth East) Matt Van Vororhis (Edina)
Dan Molenaar (Eden Prairie) Taylor Fleming (St. Thomas) Garrett Schmitz (Red Lake Falls)
Mitch Hall (St. Cloud Tech) Max Everson (Edina)
Jake Bushey (Duluth Marshall)
Nick Hinz (N. St. Paul)
Kevin Schulze (Hill-Murray)
Eric Schurhamer (St. Thomas)
Brian LaBlanc (Hermantown) James Wagoner (Owatonna) Zach Adams (New Prague)
Mike Reilly (Holy Angels) Derek Smith (Apple Valley) Nick Auman (Spring Lake Park)
Max Birkinbine (White Bear Lake) Dan Carlson (Maple Grove) Travis Boyd (Hopkins)
Thomas Schutt (Minnetonka) Michael Sitt (Edina) Christian Horn (BSM)
Ben Bahe (Hill-Murray) Anthony Greco (Shattuck) Joseph Labate (Holy Angels)
Tony Barbato (Cretin-Durham/Hall) Kevin Becker (Hill-Murray) Michael Zajac (Eagan)
Tony Cameranesi (Wayzata) Nick DeCenzo (Hibbing) Derek Frawley (Minnetonka)
Zac McCarver (N. St. Paul) Cullen Hurley (Holy Angels) Tyler Heinonen (Delano)
Judd Peterson (Duluth Denfeld) Austyn Young (S. St. Paul) Jon Brodzinski (Blaine)
Darrick Howard (Virginia) Evan Hesse (Monticello.Alb./ML) Matt Hansen (St. Cloud Tech)
Matt Kroska (St. Thomas) Austin Nelson (Hastings) Grant Opperman (Wayzata)
Jordon Stroh (North Metro) Pat Steinhauser (BSM)
Alec Robinson (Champlin Park)
Ryan Coyne (Maple Grove) Bodhi Engum (Burnsville) Matt McNelly (St. Thomas)
Charlie Lindgren (Lakeville North) Blake Burgau (New Ulm) Alex Glokner (Minnetonka)
hockey34721

Post by hockey34721 »

how do you know this?
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

Try this link:

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/80 ... -festivals

Click on "MN Hockey Advanced Final 54 Schedule Rosters 2009"
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

So everyone is in shock.
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

Overall I think the 16 and 17's were run pretty well this year. There are always a few surprises and there are a couple this this year but overall a pretty expected outcome. Having 8-10 evaluators all watching all the kids in addition to coaches is a pretty bulletproof evaluation process.
eat sleep hockey

Post by eat sleep hockey »

i thought there were some surprises in the goalies that made it
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

I'm having an issue opening the lists
Could someone please create the list on here for 16's and 17's please
thanks
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

High Flyer wrote:
Saywhat?03 wrote:Looks like van voorhis and welinski got offers for D men. Not sure they were the best choices but good for them. I would add Mike reilly as a D-man on this thrown together list. The kid has unreal talent, but built like a peanut.
M. Reilly is the most gifted and skilled high school hockey player in MN with un-canney hockey sense. (I'm not talking just 93's). We all can only hope that he grows, because if he does, he will be a very special and unique player that only comes around once in a while.

It will be interesting to watch Van Voorhis and Welinski in the next round of final 54's to see how fair.
Van Voorhis looked good this weekend, definatly was a top 6 defensemen. Reilly size was an issue at times, but he consistantly made all the plays and made very few mistakes. Thought he was also a top 6 defensemen this weekend. Welinski is a project, not even a top 8 defenseman right now, but I do see the possible up side in the kid.
Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 »

Van Voorhis looked good this weekend, definatly was a top 6 defensemen. Reilly size was an issue at times, but he consistantly made all the plays and made very few mistakes. Thought he was also a top 6 defensemen this weekend. Welinski is a project, not even a top 8 defenseman right now, but I do see the possible up side in the kid.

Who do you think the other 3 will be??