Cal Decowski

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gordon Bombay08

Cal Decowski

Post by Gordon Bombay08 »

I was at the andover vs. maple grove game tonight and cal decowski was smoothest player ive seen thus far this year. Does anyone know if he is getting any offers or speaking to any teams? It just seems hes too special to be missed.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Always been one of the better players in his grade, but hasn't produced spectacular numbers at the varsity level yet. Played in the elite league this past fall, I'm sure he will be off to juniors next year, seems he's putting up pretty good numbers this season.
Toews is god 19

Post by Toews is god 19 »

Id say that 42 points in twelve games is putting up numbers.... kids a great hockey player and should end up playing D1 hockey
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I agree, as stated above, this season he is putting up a lot of points, and against good comptetition, I was saying that his junior and sophomore years he didn't do as well which is why a lot of people probably don't know who he is, but yes, he I would say he has division 1 potential if he keeps progressing.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Andover has played four quality opponents so far this season; Elk River, Hermantown, Duluth Denfeld and Osseo. What has Cal done against those teams (yes, I'm too lazy to go look it up)? The appearance is that his numbers have come at the expense of some bottom-feeders; Andover has scored 50 goals against North Metro (twice), Coon Rapids (twice) and Chisago Lakes. Their strength of schedule has been weak so far, especially for a Class AA team.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
fiveholenyou

Post by fiveholenyou »

12/03/2009 at North Metro 7 pts
12/05/2009 vs Elk River 2 pts
12/12/2009 vs Hermantown (No. 4 A) 2 pts
12/15/2009 vs North Metro 5 pts
12/18/2009 vs Duluth Denfeld 1 pt
12/19/2009 at Coon Rapids 7 ots
12/22/2009 vs Osseo 2-4 1 pt
12/28/2009 vs Cambridge-Isanti 3 pts
12/29/2009 at Forest Lake 2 pts
12/30/2009 vs Chisago Lakes 4 pts
01/05/2010 vs Coon Rapids 3 pts
01/07/2010 vs Maple Grove 5 pts
01/09/2010 at Champlin Park 3 pts

45 points after 13 games
rock06

Cal Decowski

Post by rock06 »

Cal Decowski is one of them players that gives it all he has every day. He has shown that he is a very good hockey player his entire hockey career and will be rewarded for his efforts. When he decides to make the decision on what college he will go to I am sure that it won't be posted on any chat boards because that is not the type of person he is. He is a very humble young man and don't brag about what he is accomplishing.

As far as his points go, tonight at Champlin he got his 100th point for his career. He plays in a very tough conference and to hit this mark with several games to play this year he should be recognized by even more big time schools than he has heard from already.
Jcumber5

Post by Jcumber5 »

Heard he will be goin to UMD
CB00

Post by CB00 »

He's one of the best players I've seen this year. D1 type of player.
youngbloodjr3

Post by youngbloodjr3 »

i agree
icedad

Post by icedad »

Heard Cal signed with Yale the night of the Maple Grove game. True?
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Nice to hear. Outstanding player and student. I've heard, from reliable sources, Decowski and Herbert are the top 2 seniors and should be the leading candidates for Mr. Hockey. The Tonka D sounds outstanding but will probably steal a few votes from one another.
money

Verdict?

Post by money »

Good evening,

One person says UMD and another poster says Yale.
Anybody know 100% sure what school is Cal considering or commit too?

There is no mention of anything on Heisenberg site regarding Cal's intentions post high school. If anybody has any info, that would be great.

Have a great night! 8)

$$
hockscout88

Post by hockscout88 »

Take away his 22points against North Metro and Coon Rapids and his average/game is just that......average!!
observer

Post by observer »

You're obviously no scout.

Decowski was among the leading scorers in the Elite League which has very tough competition.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

I know the bulldogs really like him!
fiveholenyou

Post by fiveholenyou »

Would 3 Goals against Centennial last night just be an average day at the office? Just wondering. Would having two D1 Schools watching, just be an average night? Just wondering. Not so sure this kid is the best, but boy he sure makes everyone around him look good. He's the most unselfish player I've seen in long time. [/b]
joeshmoe

Post by joeshmoe »

This kid had his way with Centennial and walked around their best defensemen like they were standing still. Never having seen him play before, I was very impressed.
Toews is god 19

just read an article on mnhockeyhub that says hes being recruited by Brown, Yale and UMD. Would love to seem him stay in the state and become a Bulldog
youngbloodjr3

Post by youngbloodjr3 »

Toews is God 19 LOVES DECOWSKI :lol:
money

College Choice?

Post by money »

Good evening -

Any idea where Decwoski is heading after the Andover days are over?
Right now, it is safe to say that he still uncommitted. :?:

I got a chance to see him vs Centennial and Blaine...he is a fun player to watch. Any team that can land him will be a better team because of his presence. Definately, a senior sleeper in the sense that not too many people talk about him. Certainly worthy of discussion in his post-Andover hockey days which are numbered.
Toews is god 19

Yes i do love decowski and heres him robbin bjughstad and scorin a shorty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDdx1k_b8PM
CLHockey2011

Re: Cal Decowski

Post by CLHockey2011 »

Gordon Bombay08 wrote:I was at the andover vs. maple grove game tonight and cal decowski was smoothest player ive seen thus far this year. Does anyone know if he is getting any offers or speaking to any teams? It just seems hes too special to be missed.
he is a freshmen, i doubt anyone will talk to him till next year since he is so young
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Toews is god 19 wrote:just read an article on mnhockeyhub that says hes being recruited by Brown, Yale and UMD. Would love to seem him stay in the state and become a Bulldog
Really?!?! You would like to see him pass up the chance to go to one of the most elite schools in the country to go to UMD? Really? What happens if he doesn't make a career out of hockey in the NHL? For the betterment of the kid he really should go to Brown or Yale.
EP two out of three.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
Toews is god 19 wrote:just read an article on mnhockeyhub that says hes being recruited by Brown, Yale and UMD. Would love to seem him stay in the state and become a Bulldog
Really?!?! You would like to see him pass up the chance to go to one of the most elite schools in the country to go to UMD? Really? What happens if he doesn't make a career out of hockey in the NHL? For the betterment of the kid he really should go to Brown or Yale.
Isn't UMD "the Haaavaaaarrrd" of the Midwest???

I agree with you HockeyMn1 on the education aspect, but if he has aspirations of playing pro hockey - not just NHL -he will probably get more significant exposure at UMD - plus, his family can watch in person.

But if he values the college education, the decision between Brown or Yale vs UMD reminds me of a distant relative who narrowed his college choice between Winona St. and Arizona St. :-k ](*,)