Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

That guy for that thing
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by That guy for that thing » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 pm

TheNightman wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:48 pm
WestMetro wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
My prediction top 5 vote getters

Brodzinski-Winner
Koster
Luedtke
Donovan
Huglen
I think I'd swap Luedtke for Jensen.
I have a hard time seeing Donovan up there over others, especially the boys from Edina. He hasn't a great year points wise, and despite his talent, doesnt seem to control the games the way he should. There are some instances every game where he gets flat out beat to a race for the puck. A kid with his speed and size should not be getting beat unless they have a 4 step head start.

Hopefully Wisconsin works out for him but this season has not been his best imo.

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Posnisible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by WestMetro » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Night & That Guy , respect those views also ..

hockey59
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by hockey59 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
My prediction top 5 vote getters

Brodzinski-Winner
Koster
Luedtke
Donovan
Huglen
I’d swap out Donovan for Jensen, Jungels or Nevers. RD certainly will be a finalist, but this has also been a disappointing regular season for him, no if, ands or buts, I mean many thought of him as the preseason favorite, and he scored 12 goals. He will need to raise his game to another level for DE to challenge Andover in the 7AA finals

That guy for that thing
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by That guy for that thing » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am

hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 pm
WestMetro wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
My prediction top 5 vote getters

Brodzinski-Winner
Koster
Luedtke
Donovan
Huglen
I’d swap out Donovan for Jensen, Jungels or Nevers. RD certainly will be a finalist, but this has also been a disappointing regular season for him, no if, ands or buts, I mean many thought of him as the preseason favorite, and he scored 12 goals. He will need to raise his game to another level for DE to challenge Andover in the 7AA finals
Not to distract from the Mr Hockey discussion, but last time DE played Andover, Lyle and Donovan were on a line together. Now they are split up, and that might cause some issues for Andover. Lyle usually takes on most first lines, as that's how Randolph plays him and tries to get Donovan out against a number 2 or 3 line to try to get him a bit more space to work. Hopefully, it works in his favor vs Andover and Donovan has a big game. He will need Lyle to show up and big the power forward that he can be as well, but DE needs Ryder to dominate if they want to win.

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:22 am

That guy for that thing wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am
hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 pm
WestMetro wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
My prediction top 5 vote getters

Brodzinski-Winner
Koster
Luedtke
Donovan
Huglen
I’d swap out Donovan for Jensen, Jungels or Nevers. RD certainly will be a finalist, but this has also been a disappointing regular season for him, no if, ands or buts, I mean many thought of him as the preseason favorite, and he scored 12 goals. He will need to raise his game to another level for DE to challenge Andover in the 7AA finals
Not to distract from the Mr Hockey discussion, but last time DE played Andover, Lyle and Donovan were on a line together. Now they are split up, and that might cause some issues for Andover. Lyle usually takes on most first lines, as that's how Randolph plays him and tries to get Donovan out against a number 2 or 3 line to try to get him a bit more space to work. Hopefully, it works in his favor vs Andover and Donovan has a big game. He will need Lyle to show up and big the power forward that he can be as well, but DE needs Ryder to dominate if they want to win.
Not to distract further, but if they do play in section finals, Andover will have last change. Still technically possible to match lines for a savvy coach like Randolph, but much more difficult if Andover wants to prevent it.

muckandgrinder65
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by muckandgrinder65 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am

it would be cool to have 2 finalists (Donovan, Schoen) playing each other in the Section 7AA finals

That guy for that thing
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by That guy for that thing » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 am

muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am
it would be cool to have 2 finalists (Donovan, Schoen) playing each other in the Section 7AA finals
That would be pretty cool to watch. Not that either has a great shot at winning, but when was the last time Mr. Hockey, wasn't in the tournament?

Edit: I believe it was Jaremko in 2015 from ER. 2014 Peterson from GR. Weird that 7AA has the last two non-tourney Mr. Hockeys?

hockey59
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by hockey59 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am

u
That guy for that thing wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 am
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am
it would be cool to have 2 finalists (Donovan, Schoen) playing each other in the Section 7AA finals
That would be pretty cool to watch. Not that either has a great shot at winning, but when was the last time Mr. Hockey, wasn't in the tournament?

Edit: I believe it was Jaremko in 2015 from ER. 2014 Peterson from GR. Weird that 7AA has the last two non-tourney Mr. Hockeys?
That’s a layup...Tufte in 2016 got knocked out by
MG, who then were blown to the side by a Tornado.

between_the_pipes
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by between_the_pipes » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
My prediction top 5 vote getters

Brodzinski-Winner
Koster
Luedtke
Donovan
Huglen
Largely agree. I'd go with:
Brodzinski - Mr. Hockey
Koster
Huglen
Docter
Jensen

MNGuide
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by MNGuide » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am

List is in:
Bryce Brodzinski (Blaine)
Grant Docter (Minnetonka)
Ryder Donovan (Duluth East)
Aaron Huglen (Roseau)
Jack Jensen (Eden Prairie)
Jett Jungels (Edina)
Mike Koster (Chaska)
Josh Luedtke (Minnetonka)
Mason Nevers (Edina)
Charlie Schoen (Andover)

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am

MNGuide wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am
List is in:
Bryce Brodzinski (Blaine)
Grant Docter (Minnetonka)
Ryder Donovan (Duluth East)
Aaron Huglen (Roseau)
Jack Jensen (Eden Prairie)
Jett Jungels (Edina)
Mike Koster (Chaska)
Josh Luedtke (Minnetonka)
Mason Nevers (Edina)
Charlie Schoen (Andover)
Front runners - Brodzinski, Koster
Dark Horses - Docter, Jungels
IMHO
Also 5 future Gophers out of 10 as things stand now
Last edited by WarmUpTheBus on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

hockey59
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by hockey59 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am

MNGuide wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am
List is in:
Bryce Brodzinski (Blaine)
Grant Docter (Minnetonka)
Ryder Donovan (Duluth East)
Aaron Huglen (Roseau)
Jack Jensen (Eden Prairie)
Jett Jungels (Edina)
Mike Koster (Chaska)
Josh Luedtke (Minnetonka)
Mason Nevers (Edina)
Charlie Schoen (Andover)
After watching Edina play against Tonka, EP & Wayzata, I honestly believe those were the TWO 😉 Edina kids and the ONE Andover kid who should be named Mr Hockey Finalists! Congrats to all ten finalists! 😊

hockey59
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by hockey59 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am
MNGuide wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am
List is in:
Bryce Brodzinski (Blaine)
Grant Docter (Minnetonka)
Ryder Donovan (Duluth East)
Aaron Huglen (Roseau)
Jack Jensen (Eden Prairie)
Jett Jungels (Edina)
Mike Koster (Chaska)
Josh Luedtke (Minnetonka)
Mason Nevers (Edina)
Charlie Schoen (Andover)
Front runners - Brodzinski, Koster
Dark Horses - Docter, Jungels
IMHO
It will be either Brodzinski or Koster...99.5% Chance ☝️

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Possible Mr. Hockey Finalists 2018-2019

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am

hockey59 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 am
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am
MNGuide wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am
List is in:
Bryce Brodzinski (Blaine)
Grant Docter (Minnetonka)
Ryder Donovan (Duluth East)
Aaron Huglen (Roseau)
Jack Jensen (Eden Prairie)
Jett Jungels (Edina)
Mike Koster (Chaska)
Josh Luedtke (Minnetonka)
Mason Nevers (Edina)
Charlie Schoen (Andover)
Front runners - Brodzinski, Koster
Dark Horses - Docter, Jungels
IMHO
It will be either Brodzinski or Koster...99.5% Chance ☝️
Agree Koster 51.7% and Brodzonki 47.8% to be precise. \:D/

Post Reply