Season II

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

SoLiDgOlD_

Season II

Post by SoLiDgOlD_ »

Just want to make a a point that everyone knows. There are 2! seaons in Jr Gold. Regular season and playoffs. almost every team makes it, and it is not the best team that wins state at this level. it is the teams with the most sr! i can promise you that!!! That is why most recent St Champs are Way, Edina, Hastings, EP. becasuse they have the big programs and the JGA is stacked with srs....

This is one reason i am picking Bville to win- All but one Sr( plus the Jr one the team is the hardest worker)
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

That has nothing to do with it....
JR.

Re: Season II

Post by JR. »

SoLiDgOlD_ wrote:
This is one reason i am picking Bville to win- All but one Sr( plus the Jr one the team is the hardest worker)
Cool for Burnsville...good point though, juniors and sophomores obviously cannot help a team win state. :roll:
ninjaslipper

Post by ninjaslipper »

pretty sure there are more teams that have a lot of people devoted to hockey like jefferson and edina... i know jeferson has a lot of seniors and the juniors some of them could easily be on the JV team.. so i wouldn't count them out by any means on the state contending..
jga17

Post by jga17 »

jv hockey isnt really hockey. jr gold a is better hockey than jv will ever be
2cold

Post by 2cold »

If the wessy's boys are on, and they play one goalie look for them to win it all.
JR.

Post by JR. »

2cold wrote:If the wessy's boys are on, and they play one goalie look for them to win it all.
I hope you aren't talking about the goalie that let in 9 ( :!: ) goals against White Bear Lake.
2cold

Post by 2cold »

Every player and goalie's have bad games.
Dan Druff

Post by Dan Druff »

haha the wessys goalie is from edina...if you get into his head, the game is over. he is not a solid goalie AT ALL
sdc21

Post by sdc21 »

Wessy's has two goalies? I thought they just had the one goalie with the brown pads?
wesboy9

Post by wesboy9 »

The edina goalie is on A, the goalie with brown pads is on B but he got new white ones
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

No Wessys "A" has two goalies. One is from Sibley (West st paul) and the other is from Edina. The "B" has two, one racist thinks hes ghetto goalie who is 5 ft tall. And the other is from Hill Murry going to johnson next year. Wesboy9 ur cool.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

jga17 wrote:jv hockey isnt really hockey. jr gold a is better hockey than jv will ever be
Don't be bitter, buddy.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Half of most jv teams have kids that play jr gold A eventually, with experience and simply being older jr gold A could beat jv. ya some A teams are bad but take an average A team and they will beat an average jv team by 3+ goals for sure.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Sauce2122 wrote:Half of most jv teams have kids that play jr gold A eventually, with experience and simply being older jr gold A could beat jv. ya some A teams are bad but take an average A team and they will beat an average jv team by 3+ goals for sure.

I wasn't saying JV was better, thats murky water to step in to on a Jr Gold board. I was just saying don't say it isn't real hockey, and most JGA players should know that since the majority played JV right?
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

ya my bad it just came of differently