Locker Room Thief Nabbed at the Super Rink

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Locker Room Thief Nabbed at the Super Rink

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Hey hockey folks good news, this weekend a few alert Rogers HS players with the help of their coaches caught an D-bag adult male ripping off locker rooms during the Walmart 3 on 3 at the Schwans Super rink.

Some Rogers players saw him walk out of their locker room, and thought they better check their belongings and sure enough they had been ripped off.
Several other HS teams were involved in the loss...and reported losses raging from a few $'s to in some case's over $100.

He tried to get away but was surrounded by 3 adults, and a mob of pissed off hockey players in the lower lobby demanding their money back, these guys detained him until police arrived. This guy had a wad of money easily in the 100's of dollars. I have also heard reports that other wallets and credit cards were found in the suspect's vehical which was towed, and he was arrested and booked into the Anoka Cty. jail.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
So congrats to those young men and coaches that were couragous enough to take the risk of detaining this guy, in what I would say was a more dignified manner then he deserved.
So thanks from all of us that have been in hockey long enough to had that happen to us.

8)

And I hope all these guys get their money back soon, as it had to be taken as evidence.
Last edited by Can't Never Tried on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Govs93

Re: Locker Room Thief Nabbed at the Super Rink

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Hey hockey folks good news, this weekend a few alert Rogers HS players with the help of their coaches caught a Hispanic adult male ripping off locker rooms during the Walmart 3 on 3 at the Schwans Super rink.

Some Rogers players saw him walk out of their locker room, and thought they better check their belongings and sure enough they had been ripped off.
Several other HS teams were involved in the loss...and reported losses raging from a few $'s to in some case's over $100.

He tried to get away but was surrounded by 3 adults, and a mob of pissed off hockey players in the lower lobby demanding their money back, these guys detained him until police arrived. This guy had a wad of money easily in the 100's of dollars. I have also heard reports that other wallets and credit cards were found in the suspect's vehical which was towed, and he was arrested and booked into the Anoka Cty. jail.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
So congrats to those young men and coaches that were couragous enough to take the risk of detaining this guy, in what I would say was a more dignified manner then he deserved.
So thanks from all of us that have been in hockey long enough to had that happen to us.

8)

And I hope all these guys get their money back soon, as it had to be taken as evidence.
I'm glad they got him, that sort of crap is garbage - whether at a rink or golf course (which comes up as a popular target of theives too).

I don't know that the word "hispanic" was necessary to your report though... who cares? They're douchebags regardless of race. The sentence should have read:

"this weekend a few alert Rogers HS players with the help of their coaches caught a douchebag adult male ripping off locker rooms"
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Way to go.

Douchebags have ripped off both of my boys in locker rooms. Nothing serious but its a pain to have to get a new cell phone or new DL if they take the wallet.

Hearing about one getting caught is a rare treat.
Can't Never Tried

Point taken Govs.......I edited it out and added the proper discription.
My bad!

8)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Point taken Govs.......I edited it out and added the proper discription.
My bad!

8)
lol... Outstanding! Now there's something we can all rally around!
Knowlzee

Unedited version is best.

Post by Knowlzee »

CNT,....the unedited version is preferrable. It is much more descriptive,....we can all make the connection. D-bags is too generic,....and obvious. Of course he's a d-bag,.....by his actions.

I thought Mitch and Lee were the board censors, now it's Govs93, too. Everyone wants to be boss.
Can't Never Tried

Well I knew it would survive in quote from Govs, But I'm no reporter... :?

I actually was thinking about that today????

It seems to me when they were reporting on the news about the stranded guy on the St. Croix earlier this week, they didn't just say "a man" they said a "very large 500lb man" so to decribe the person for what he is should be perfectly acceptable, so now I think I will edit it to Hispanic adult male D-bag...either way I am cleaning it up for the sake of the fine posters on here.

8)
Irishmans Shanty

Re: Locker Room Thief Nabbed at the Super Rink

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Can't Never Tried wrote:caught an D-bag adult male ripping off locker rooms during the Walmart 3 on 3 at the Schwans Super rink.
Finally a victory for the human race. Keep the torches burning as there are many more out there.
Govs93

Re: Unedited version is best.

Post by Govs93 »

Knowlzee wrote:CNT,....the unedited version is preferrable. It is much more descriptive,....we can all make the connection. D-bags is too generic,....and obvious. Of course he's a d-bag,.....by his actions.

I thought Mitch and Lee were the board censors, now it's Govs93, too. Everyone wants to be boss.
I'm not trying to police anything... I just wanted to say d-bag for a reason other than in reference to AHA! :wink:

It makes no difference to me - Eastsiders aren't exactly "PC" - just watch the news.
Knowlzee

Post by Knowlzee »

Points taken, Govs93. :)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Knowlzee wrote:CNT,....the unedited version is preferrable. It is much more descriptive,....we can all make the connection. D-bags is too generic,....and obvious. Of course he's a d-bag,.....by his actions.

Yeah, but only two can :) Others are auditioning for a position which probably will never open.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Can't Never Tried

east hockey wrote:

Yeah, but only two can :) Others are auditioning for a position which probably will never open.

Lee
That's what Julius Ceasar thought!

Read on...
Leading his legions across the Rubicon(internet), Caesar (Mitch)began a civil(hockey) war("Bored") in 200? BC from which he became the undisputed master of the Roman(Hockey) world. After assuming control of government (Minnhock), he began extensive reforms of (all Posters)Roman society and government. He was proclaimed(by himself) dictator for life, and he heavily centralised the bureaucracy of the Republic(Forum). These events provoked a hitherto friend of Caesar, Marcus Junius Brutus(SS aka slappy), and a group of other senators(Neut Knowlzee, packerboy,EREmpire,and others) to assassinate the dictator on the Ides of March(Lent) (March 15) in 200? BC. The assassins hoped to restore the normal running of the Republic (Forum), but they provoked another (minnhock)Roman civil war, which led eventually to the establishment of the autocratic Roman Empire (Cafe) by Caesar's adopted heir, Gaius Octavianus.(Lee) In 201? BC, two years after his assassination, the Roman Senate officially sanctified (Mitch)Caesar as one of the(Hockey World) Roman deities. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope ya see the humor

The actual factual stuff is from Wikipedia

8)
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

well it looks like its still going on. a couple of my buddies got there ipods/mp3's stolen
Can't Never Tried

Get a key and lock the door...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Get a key and lock the door...
Lock your valuables in the trunk of your car.
Can't Never Tried

elliott70 wrote:
Better yet put them in my car :lol:

It's sad when the locked door is not enough....but your right elliott, I have heard of people losing stuff even when the door is locked...which makes a guy wonder just who you can trust these days.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Better yet put them in my car :lol:

It's sad when the locked door is not enough....but your right elliott, I have heard of people losing stuff even when the door is locked...which makes a guy wonder just who you can trust these days.
what people will do for money
Can't Never Tried

I have heard people are losing stuff there out of locked locker rooms??

Don't bring valuables with you..period.

Or better yet if your going to play there, have a designated father (I suggest the big guys) to watch your room, the best thing that can happen is to catch em, then don't let em go until the cops get there..We did :D
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:I have heard people are losing stuff there out of locked locker rooms??

Don't bring valuables with you..period.

Or better yet if your going to play there, have a designated father (I suggest the big guys) to watch your room, the best thing that can happen is to catch em, then don't let em go until the cops get there..We did :D
If they're taking it out of locked rooms, it's time for the Super Rink to hire some security to just roam the arenas. It's a huge place that evidently needs to be patrolled like Mall of America Jr.. That's ridiculous.

It's also time to take Herbie's name out of the place... he'd never approve. :D
Can't Never Tried

Next 2 weekends there is a lot of Hockey at the Schwans.
So, just a reminder to leave your valuables at home, and lock those locker rooms, and or have someone that can keep an eye on who goes in and out.

I have no idea if security has improved, but these were the weekends with the most problems in the past years.

And with the addition of the huge soccer event, and the heat, the traffic in the arenas increases.

Hope this reminder saves just one guy his money, Ipod or whatever! :D
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote: Hope this reminder saves just one guy his money, Ipod or whatever! :D
I was in the market for a good deal new iPod, but didn't know where I could get one... Thanks for the tip!
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Hope this reminder saves just one guy his money, Ipod or whatever! :D
I was in the market for a good deal new iPod, but didn't know where I could get one... Thanks for the tip!
With all the soccer going on this week, I'm surprised the soccer players didn't raise the first suspicion in your mind :wink:

Of course most soccer players would get lost in a locker room. They are more accustomed to changing in the porty biffs

Dmom - the zambonies will be on ice. And if I recall the hubby does not like miller lite. Some Fat Tires and Labatts? Of course my son's team may ( read, will) will be out of it.

Get this for a money making event; USA Cup - Team fee $450 and then on top of that, an additional $80 per player on the roster ( typically 16 = $1280) Guaranteed 4 games=$1730 or $432.50 per game. If you add the other team your playing that is $865 gathered each game. Referees cost is less than $100 per game. Over head has to be less than $100 per game so $665 profit per game played on average at the older age groups.

IPODS FOR EVERYONE! =D> An Iphone for Govs to double his pain :P
fighting all who rob or plunder
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

tomASS wrote:Get this for a money making event; USA Cup - Team fee $450 and then on top of that, an additional $80 per player on the roster ( typically 16 = $1280) Guaranteed 4 games=$1730 or $432.50 per game. If you add the other team your playing that is $865 gathered each game. Referees cost is less than $100 per game. Over head has to be less than $100 per game so $665 profit per game played on average at the older age groups.
Exact reason I told my team's parents not to fork over the $ for it. Maybe in the next couple years for the "experience", but I think it's hardly worth it. Parents seem to just like to be able to brag to other parents about playing foreign teams, kids don't care that much.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls