HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Herb Brooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> College Hockey Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Love4Hockey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Herb Brooks Reply with quote

I know its not the right room and all to post this but I figured it would get more looks in this one than the college one so I post it here, a short little reading about him and a fan at the Final 5, if your a Huskie fan your gonna like this espically.

Long after he left SCSU, I saw him at a Final Five game at the X. A young fan approached and asked for his autograph. The kid had the program open to the Gopher page. Brooks looked at it, and turned to the SCSU page, telling the youngster that he would sign on the St. Cloud page because "that was my team."
Nonamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your point is...
Gopher Blog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbie had some lingering animosity about a few things but let's not kid ourselves... he was a Gopher and will always be remembered that way. Everybody knows it. Rolling Eyes
defense

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Herb Brooks Reply with quote

Love4Hockey wrote:
I know its not the right room and all to post this but I figured it would get more looks in this one than the college one so I post it here, a short little reading about him and a fan at the Final 5, if your a Huskie fan your gonna like this espically.

Long after he left SCSU, I saw him at a Final Five game at the X. A young fan approached and asked for his autograph. The kid had the program open to the Gopher page. Brooks looked at it, and turned to the SCSU page, telling the youngster that he would sign on the St. Cloud page because "that was my team."

And why wouldn't he want to sign on the page of the team that he was pretty much responsible for producing???
hesabaddmann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Herb Brooks Reply with quote

Guys.....You might be reading too much in to this .....some people watch the game a day at a time .....Maybe Herbie meant that for that weekend SCSU was his team ....Just a different take, thats all ....
Love4Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He always said SCSU was his team, he created it and made it known in a big way in just his 1 year there
wblhockeyfan8

Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb Brooks embodies Minnesota hockey, I think that's all that really matters here.
Love4Hockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, born and raised in Minnesota, played his high school hockey here, he has a HUGE impact on what several hockey programs in Minnesota are now today
wblhockeyfan8

Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my friend, thanks for this story.

People are always just so angry!
Goldy Gopher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Herb Brooks Reply with quote

Love4Hockey wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I guess SCSU fans gotta have something to hang their hat on.
Love4Hockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime wblhockeyfan8, its a great story all around hockey story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> College Hockey Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: