Edina Holiday Tournament?

NeedsMoreCowbell

Post by NeedsMoreCowbell »

Anyone want to fill me in with what happened? like scores, game stats or observations, anything would be awesome! <p></p><i></i>
gr19

Re: Edina Holiday Tournament?

Post by gr19 »

No one is answering the phone at Braemar. <p></p><i></i>
ROYALELK

Post by ROYALELK »

congrats GR19, yer boys won 3-2 in OT. i dont have all the stats but the elks out shot GR by about 15 or so <p></p><i></i>
gr19

Post by gr19 »

YES!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm literally jumping. I can't believe we're 4-0 in 7AA!!!!!!!! AAHHHHH!!!!!! There is hope for a #1 seed still. I'm glad they won a game they were badly outshot in. Jensen has been working so hard, he deserves it. Congrats to Rieder!!!!!! <br><br>ROYALELK, thanks, please give details on the game. <p></p><i></i>
NeedsMoreCowbell

ouch

Post by NeedsMoreCowbell »

hmm, well, damn. of the 3 games in this tourney that was the one that ER had to win most. this will make everything a lot more interesting... i'm confident in the elks though, they always pull it together come playoff time <p></p><i></i>
puckhead63

EP vs. Edina

Post by puckhead63 »

Eden Prairie 4<br>Edina 0<br><br>EP Goals scored by Fryklund, Iverson, Kristo, Vranek.<br>Brooke - 20 saves for the shutout <p></p><i></i>
puckhead63

Re: EP vs. Edina

Post by puckhead63 »

Grand Rapids Robb Roy (soph) had a great effort in his OT goal. Looks like a player to watch! <p></p><i></i>
JLS 81

Post by JLS 81 »

Anybody at the game please give us a full game report on this 7AA matchup. Sounds like the Elks poured on the shots and Jensen "stood on his head". Tough, hard fought win for the boys from GR and Robbie Roy is a very nice player. Nice to see that Robbie "cashed in" on the overtime winner. <p></p><i></i>
shutout

Post by shutout »

JLS:<br><br>I attended the game and it was a pretty even match up. Rapids jumped out to a early lead, but the refs gave the Elks several power play opportunities in the second period and the period ended with the Elks up 2-1.<br><br>The beginning of the third period looked like Rapids was out of gas and the they scored on a 2 on 1 to tie it and they suddenly were playing with intensity again. The Rapids goalie played very well and stopped 3 point blank shots just as regulation expired. In the overtime the Rapids player made a highlight reel rush cutting back and forth with an Elks defender trying to stop him, each time the Elks defender would turn his head the Rapids player cut the other direction.<br><br># 3 for Rapids ( defenseman) really impressed me.<br><br>BIG win for Rapids come seeding time! <p></p><i></i>
gr19

Post by gr19 »

#3 is Jared Smith. Him, Clafton #22, and Stejskal #18 are all pretty good D. Jared handles the puck very well. Glad Robb Roy got a nice goal like that. This is exactly what Rapids needs to get to the Xcel that has been lacking in recent years. Production at key times from the 3rd line and stellar goaltending. Duluth East or Elk River will probably be hosting Brainerd in round one, yikes. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Post by boblee »

Good report:<br>Grand Rapids dominated the first, Elk River dominated the second, and the third was back and forth. Grand Rapids third line played very well, scoring 2 of the 3 goals. Smith and Stejskal played very good and McInereny and Clafton played solid. I thought the whole "D" core for the Elks was solid. Each team got very, very good goaltending as well. Very good game to watch, both teams left it all on the ice. <p><br><br>_________________<br><br>BOB</p><i></i>
gr19

mac

Post by gr19 »

I forgot about 19. I've seen him one time, the Moorhead game on TV. He reminds me of Filip Kuba (MN Wild #17), tall and has a long reach and surprises people and makes some nice poke checks. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Post by boblee »

Anyone know at what time in the overtime the goal was scored? <p><br><br>_________________<br><br>BOB</p><i></i>
puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 »

It was about 3 minutes in to the OT <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Post by boblee »

I'm looking for Elk River goals and assists and times of the goals. <p><br><br>_________________<br><br>BOB</p><i></i>
Iceburg88

Post by Iceburg88 »

Elk River 0 2 0 0 — 2 <br>Grand Rapids 1 0 1 1 — 3<br> <br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>First</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>GR, Welliver (Wohlers, Clifton), 4:15 (pp)<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Second</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Elk, Foss (Burley), 5:59 (pp) <br>Elk, Martell, 11:14 (pp)<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Third</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>GR, White (Makinen, Glorvigen), 7:46<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Overtime</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>GR, Roy (Makinen), 2:54<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Saves</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Elk, Siebert 6-7-7-2—22 <br>GR, Jensen 9-8-16-1—34. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Post by boblee »

some mistakes there-but looks like you took from the tribune, thanks. that 2nd gr goal was roy from makinen and mcinerney. thanks on the times and the elk river scoring! <p><br><br>_________________<br><br>BOB</p><i></i>