HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Hockey Hall of Fame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> The Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matmathmatician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: US Hockey Hall of Fame Reply with quote

whats up with the Hockey Hall of Fame not having any pucks to sell when I went by this Summer? A Clerk there told me they could not afford to order new merchandise due to air conditioning being down and needing to save enough money to get it fixed. I cannot imagine a hockey hall of fame not being able to sell pucks.

I grew up a hockey kid and was blown away by that when I stopped.
Rocket78

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much did you donate to the AC fund?
royals dad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time to move it to St. Paul. Don't get me wrong I love the iron range and respect the Golden Bears place in the history of the game but it could be so much more than what it is if it was located closer to or in a large city.
matmathmatician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am as equally concerned about its adminstration. I left a donation that day and have never heard a thing about it. Quite puzzling.
nickmon3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eveleth and the Iron Range but I just dont think they can support the hockey hall of fame. Move it to saint paul. I guess even Duluth wouldnt be a bad option.
east hockey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickmon3 wrote:
I like Eveleth and the Iron Range but I just dont think they can support the hockey hall of fame. Move it to saint paul. I guess even Duluth wouldnt be a bad option.

I could get behind the move to Duluth. Somewhere near the Heritage Arena would be nice.

Lee
Goldfishdude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

east hockey wrote:
nickmon3 wrote:

I could get behind the move to Duluth. Somewhere near the Heritage Arena would be nice.

Lee

This is a dumb question....

Why doesn't the NHL step in and help??? Use the fine money from Boogard's right fist to help out... All the fine money is used for donations.... Maybe we need to start a grass roots campaign..

I'll email the NHL Board of Governors in the morning......... Razz
MNHockeyFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want it to succeed financially the best place would be off one of the hallways leading right into the Xcel.
Goldfishdude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the NHL Marketing department this morning.. I will let you know what kind of response I get.

As in all the major sports, especially the NFL's Chad Johnson Ochocinco, when fines are levied on players, that money is collected and donated to designated charities.

I asked for them to have the Board of Governors to strongly consider having the US Hockey Hall of Fame include finacially helping upkeep the sacred temple of our favorite sport's history - the US Hockey Hall of Fame...

Again, 'll keep you posted on what kind of response I get, if any.... if it's a generic reply, or something constructive.
matmathmatician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and another person (a mn hockey devoted media personality), contacted the director a few years ago to try to get a national tourney started at the high school level and to run and donate the proceeds to the hall of fame....and never heard back.

And I am a former youth hockey player that is integrally involved with one of the best National High School Sports Tourney's in the country that takes place here in Minnesota: www.clashmn.org

Check it out. it can be done.
defense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be ok with the DuLuth move. More visitors go there anyway. When just my wife and I took our first trip to NE Minnesota, I forced her to let me take the 2 hours out of the way trip to Eveleth. Once we got there, we drove around town for about a minute, whent into the hall for an hour or so, ate at Sub Way and whent to DuLuth. We have returned to DuLuth, never to Eveleth. IF it was up to me, we would go to the range every time we whent up there. Problem: it is an hour or more beyond DuLuth. The wife and now 2 kids don't want to sit in the car another anymore. If the thing was in DuLuth, then she could go and shop at the mall or something that women do, and I could go to the hockey hall...
Bottom line: It is not easy and damn near impossible to get the rest of the family interested in going all the way to Eveleth for the hockey hall of fame...and nothing else. I am sure it was to be a tourist attraction for Eveleth......hows that going???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> The Cafe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: