Roseau 7 Warroad 3 on 2/1/10

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldfishdude

Roseau 7 Warroad 3 on 2/1/10

Post by Goldfishdude »

This game snuck by us, considering it was played on Monday, and for what many feel is a great rivalry.

Warroad HAD been playing well as of late, weren't they, and how does this margin of victory shape up or size up these teams in their respective sections and seedings?
abc123

Post by abc123 »

Warroad is with out it's top goaltender due to injury! I'm not sure how long he will be out! with that said they really don't have a proven back up and I guess it showed on Monday! If they don't get their #1 back by tournament I think Warroad becomes just an average team. TRF, EGF, and Crox must be licking their chops. They still have the fire power up front but you need a solid tender during a playoff run.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

i was at the roseau vs warroad game and if your intention is to say that goaltending was the diffrence your only kidding yourself and lying to the rest of the people who didnt see the game. watching roseau this season i knew that they had been playing poorly since the crookston game. knoch came back the coaches skated the kids hard in practice shook the lines up a bit and bam back on track. i knew warroad was gona see a diffrent team in this game than they seen in the first meeting and the result 7-3.

p.s. thats without 2 eng
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

good job on the revenge rams.
TheDon

Post by TheDon »

watchdog wrote:i was at the roseau vs warroad game and if your intention is to say that goaltending was the diffrence your only kidding yourself and lying to the rest of the people who didnt see the game. watching roseau this season i knew that they had been playing poorly since the crookston game. knoch came back the coaches skated the kids hard in practice shook the lines up a bit and bam back on track. i knew warroad was gona see a diffrent team in this game than they seen in the first meeting and the result 7-3.

p.s. thats without 2 eng
When you get 4 goals on your first 12 shots goaltending and defense has quite a bit to do with it...Warroad did out shoot the rams as well, so goaltending had quite a bit to do with it, well that and some inexplicable coaching decisions for the black and gold.
HockeyFan1

Post by HockeyFan1 »

TheDon wrote:
watchdog wrote:i was at the roseau vs warroad game and if your intention is to say that goaltending was the diffrence your only kidding yourself and lying to the rest of the people who didnt see the game. watching roseau this season i knew that they had been playing poorly since the crookston game. knoch came back the coaches skated the kids hard in practice shook the lines up a bit and bam back on track. i knew warroad was gona see a diffrent team in this game than they seen in the first meeting and the result 7-3.

p.s. thats without 2 eng
When you get 4 goals on your first 12 shots goaltending and defense has quite a bit to do with it...Warroad did out shoot the rams as well, so goaltending had quite a bit to do with it, well that and some inexplicable coaching decisions for the black and gold.
But can you really trust the shot count to be accurate when you're playing in Warroad?? :wink:
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

Hard to say it wasn't the goalie 72% saves? the other goalie had a 93% in roso. May have had a effect on the outcome....
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

abc123 wrote:Warroad is with out it's top goaltender due to injury! I'm not sure how long he will be out! with that said they really don't have a proven back up and I guess it showed on Monday! If they don't get their #1 back by tournament I think Warroad becomes just an average team. TRF, EGF, and Crox must be licking their chops. They still have the fire power up front but you need a solid tender during a playoff run.
Thanks for the enthusiasm!:!:!
The U invented swagger.
HockeyFan1

Post by HockeyFan1 »

25 sheet power wrote:Hard to say it wasn't the goalie 72% saves? the other goalie had a 93% in roso. May have had a effect on the outcome....
Or maybe the Rams just had better shots??........I guess it depends your point of view.

If you're a Warroad fan it was poor goaltending - if you're a Roseau fan the Rams simply played better overall and scored more!

At the beginning of the year rumor was the sophomore was the better goalie coming in??.........but things can change.
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

In what part of the world was that the Rumor?

Also I guess you are right about the point of view
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

HockeyFan1 wrote:
25 sheet power wrote:Hard to say it wasn't the goalie 72% saves? the other goalie had a 93% in roso. May have had a effect on the outcome....
Or maybe the Rams just had better shots??........I guess it depends your point of view.

If you're a Warroad fan it was poor goaltending - if you're a Roseau fan the Rams simply played better overall and scored more!

At the beginning of the year rumor was the sophomore was the better goalie coming in??.........but things can change.
I would say it was a little bit of both. At the end of the first when Warroad tied it they were playing with confidence and were doing good but when Warroad gave up the two quick goals to start the second you could just tell the wind was out of their sails. Without a doubt, the goalie effected the outcome. Either way you look at it though, Warroad didn't play well enough to win the game.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

my point was simply this warroad out played roseau for the last half of the first period and thats it. as far as the shot count i have no idea alot bad angle shots and dump in crap from the red line is my guess. so if your from warroad and you want to blame the game on the goalie thats your choice. i just didnt see the game that way at all and if i did i would be the first to admit it.
nungitchida

Post by nungitchida »

I happen to be up north for the first game and warroad simply out played roseau, out shot and out scored them, with the storey boys on the ice,which one is the starting goalie. got to watch the second game on the net and everyone seen warroad out played roseau and roseau only got 15 shots on goal and 7 went in,good thing they didn't get anymore shots because that goalie should be playing some other sport, tells the story in it's self, warroad needs there goalie back, that being said, both teams looked aweful and for people up there to act like something was won is a joke :shock: , you might make it out of your sections, maybe,but savor it because that is all either team will win :oops: warroad having a better chance, because from the looks of it roseau will have to play moorhead again and I did see that on the net :lol:
wishock

Post by wishock »

nungitchida wrote:I happen to be up north for the first game and warroad simply out played roseau, out shot and out scored them, with the storey boys on the ice,which one is the starting goalie. got to watch the second game on the net and everyone seen warroad out played roseau and roseau only got 15 shots on goal and 7 went in,good thing they didn't get anymore shots because that goalie should be playing some other sport, tells the story in it's self, warroad needs there goalie back, that being said, both teams looked aweful and for people up there to act like something was won is a joke :shock: , you might make it out of your sections, maybe,but savor it because that is all either team will win :oops: warroad having a better chance, because from the looks of it roseau will have to play moorhead again and I did see that on the net :lol:
I was told to read this post and I did. Guess I watched a different game. Game I watched had Roseau with 25 shots and 7 went in. Warroad had 26 shots and three went in. Maybe it is your internet connection. And one other thing, there is a rivalry between these two schools and it is a big deal for both of them.
Missycoo

Post by Missycoo »

nungitchida wrote:I happen to be up north for the first game and warroad simply out played roseau, out shot and out scored them, with the storey boys on the ice,which one is the starting goalie. got to watch the second game on the net and everyone seen warroad out played roseau and roseau only got 15 shots on goal and 7 went in,good thing they didn't get anymore shots because that goalie should be playing some other sport, tells the story in it's self, warroad needs there goalie back, that being said, both teams looked aweful and for people up there to act like something was won is a joke :shock: , you might make it out of your sections, maybe,but savor it because that is all either team will win :oops: warroad having a better chance, because from the looks of it roseau will have to play moorhead again and I did see that on the net :lol:

Um.. what sport were you watching? This is a message board about H-O-C-K-E-Y .... sounds like you'd better take up posting on something you have a little more knowledge of.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

nungitchida wrote:1 Nick Leddy eden prairie
2 Joe Schmitz Centennial
3 Micheal Pieper Warroad
4 Brendan Baker Edina
5 Zach Palmquist South St Paul
6 Matt Baer St Thomas
7 Tim Lobombard Bloomington Jefferson
8 Tia Larson Warroad
9 Patrick Borer Benilde
10 Joe Nessler ST Cloud Cathedral
With this original post nunitchida showed who he really is or at least who he might be related to. I'm not sure who or what he is pretending to be this season. Posts ripping Roseau and Warroad make him look small and bitter. Still no scholarship offers even with this pimping on the bored?
Warroad10

Warroad goalie

Post by Warroad10 »

Well if the Warroad goalie had time to give the Warroad fans the finger.. Maybe he should been stoping more shots and be more in the game.. I can't belive the Warroad parents would let him get away with that...That only makes the team and school look bad..
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Ummmmmmmm... can anyone tell me if my original question was ever answered about this topic??? ](*,) ](*,)
abc123

Post by abc123 »

Goldfishdude wrote:Ummmmmmmm... can anyone tell me if my original question was ever answered about this topic??? ](*,) ](*,)
Well as far as seeding goes it really means NOTHING. Scores and seeding will only be looked at in Section games.. That being said unless EGF pulls an upset over Warroad in a week the section will be. TRF#1 Warroad#2 EGF#3. IF EGF beats Warroad and loses to TRF the next weekend it may still look the same. That clear anything up?? The top three teams are set in what order is anybody's guess with a few big games to go. My 2 cents it will be TRF,Warroad, EGF. 1-2-3 respectivly
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

People that think the number of shots on goal tell the story of a hockey game don't know much about the game. Just like the skaters having your line score 3 goals means nothing if you got 3 scored against you.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

abc123 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:Ummmmmmmm... can anyone tell me if my original question was ever answered about this topic??? ](*,) ](*,)
Well as far as seeding goes it really means NOTHING. Scores and seeding will only be looked at in Section games.. That being said unless EGF pulls an upset over Warroad in a week the section will be. TRF#1 Warroad#2 EGF#3. IF EGF beats Warroad and loses to TRF the next weekend it may still look the same. That clear anything up?? The top three teams are set in what order is anybody's guess with a few big games to go. My 2 cents it will be TRF,Warroad, EGF. 1-2-3 respectivly
Thank you.... I also wasn't sure if Roseau was a common opponent with the other clubs in contention...
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

All I know is Knock is back for Roseau, which struggled a bit w/o him (includes 1st Warroad game)...
Lines are intact again, just a better team w/ Knock back... pure and simple... :!:

Run to the X, most likely now, but will most likely also struggle in St. Paul... not my hope, just knowing how good our metro HS squads are again this year...

It would be nice to see the Rams back at the X this March... 8)
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

i didnt realize warroads goalie the one thats not playing at the moment could go from average to patrick roy status over night must of flew to russia for some very intense training!!!!!!
salol44

Post by salol44 »

Goldfishdude wrote:
abc123 wrote:
Thank you.... I also wasn't sure if Roseau was a common opponent with the other clubs in contention...
Roseau, Moorhead, and Bemidji are all common opponents with War, TRF, and EGF, but I don't know if it matters or not. I realize that section games come first but the AA teams might come into play. War and TRF split, Trf won the first game with EGF (1 to play), EGF won the first one with War (1 to play). Things could get ugly if all of them split. If that happens they might have to consider the AA teams.