Selling consolation tickets

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BarTender3035

Selling consolation tickets

Post by BarTender3035 »

So here I'll be after the Quarterfinals trying to sell my consolation tickets to the fans of the losing teams. But how do you do it without coming off as "to bad you lost, need tickets tomorrow?"
HappyHockeyFan

Re: Selling consolation tickets

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

BarTender3035 wrote:So here I'll be after the Quarterfinals trying to sell my consolation tickets to the fans of the losing teams. But how do you do it without coming off as "to bad you lost, need tickets tomorrow?"
I always sell mine 2 for the price of one so I just let em know that, you know, it kind of eases the pain..lol
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
High_Plains_Dangler

Re: Selling consolation tickets

Post by High_Plains_Dangler »

BarTender3035 wrote:So here I'll be after the Quarterfinals trying to sell my consolation tickets to the fans of the losing teams. But how do you do it without coming off as "to bad you lost, need tickets tomorrow?"
I sell mine for five bucks each, and I have never gotten a bad reaction from a fan from the losing team. Not even the Edina fans last year :shock:
Relax, Take it slow, and Let the Good Times Roll
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

I just give mine away to some kids I see as they need the 5 or 6 buck more than me.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Just look for someone wearing a Lakeville North sweatshirt before the games... :roll: :roll:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Last year, I was parked on Wabasha St., having some lunch with wbmd, Pioneerprideguy, Body Shots and Youngblood08 for a Suburban East Conference summit session, and I had a pair of consolation tickets sitting on my dash board.

Got back to my SUV to find the windshield smashed and four more tickets left on my dash.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Goldfishdude wrote:Last year, I was parked on Wabasha St., having some lunch with wbmd, Pioneerprideguy, Body Shots and Youngblood08 for a Suburban East Conference summit session, and I had a pair of consolation tickets sitting on my dash board.

Got back to my SUV to find the windshield smashed and four more tickets left on my dash.
I'm sorry to hear that you had lunch with WBMD. Must have been the worst part of your day.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
bigtimescout

Post by bigtimescout »

Gov78 wrote:I just give mine away to some kids I see as they need the 5 or 6 buck more than me.
Its that Johnson way of life, Go Govs
Teak

Post by Teak »

Goldfishdude wrote:Last year, I was parked on Wabasha St., having some lunch with wbmd, Pioneerprideguy, Body Shots and Youngblood08 for a Suburban East Conference summit session, and I had a pair of consolation tickets sitting on my dash board.

Oh boy, forget Leno and O'Brien, I'm calling NBC and requesting that they make you host of The Tonight Show!

Too funny....

:lol:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you had lunch with WBMD. Must have been the worst part of your day.

Actually, Empiresy, wbmd was fine. It was PPG who was a liitle out of control. He showed up wearing the white clergical collar, and gave a recruitment homily on why we should convert to Classic Suburbanism. It was quite embarrassing on how he commented that the plastic silverware was better, and the soda pop glasses were bigger, the napkins stronger and the service faster in the Hill-Murray cafeteria. "Hey!! Just like the Pioneer hockey team is! Better, bigger, stronger and faster!"

And Teaker... just remember.... I will need some writers.. You're as good as they get..
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

This sounds like the most unhappy lunch of all time.
Always celly hard.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Goldfishdude wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:

Actually, Empiresy, wbmd was fine. It was PPG who was a liitle out of control. He showed up wearing the white clergical collar, and gave a recruitment homily on why we should convert to Classic Suburbanism. It was quite embarrassing on how he commented that the plastic silverware was better, and the soda pop glasses were bigger, the napkins stronger and the service faster in the Hill-Murray cafeteria. "Hey!! Just like the Pioneer hockey team is! Better, bigger, stronger and faster!"

And Teaker... just remember.... I will need some writers.. You're as good as they get..
Goldy, I will try to tone it down this year. I will leave the flowing robe at home and won't demonstrate the walking on water incident again. But hey, you gotta check out the new ketchup dispenser at Hill...it's amazing!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote: I'm sorry to hear that you had lunch with WBMD. Must have been the worst part of your day.

Goldy, I will try to tone it down this year. I will leave the flowing robe at home and won't demonstrate the walking on water incident again. But hey, you gotta check out the new ketchup dispenser at Hill...it's amazing!
PPG, your walking on water was expected, but the fact that you brought a lab kit to test the purity of the water to see if it was even worthy of walking upon was outstanding. Your flowing robe was a nice contrast to the mini-skirt and pumps that Body Shots wore. Plus he applied the makeup a little heavy, eh?
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I was flattered that Body Shots showed up looking like Mary Magdalene but was a little worried when coach Sager drove by & yelled out the window, "Take the body...take the body."
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I was flattered that Body Shots showed up looking like Mary Magdalene but was a little worried when coach Sager drove by & yelled out the window, "Take the body...take the body."
Ya can't make this stuff up.... I am glad we entertain each other.. :D :oops:
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Now thats some funny S**t !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB