From the Mn Hockey web site:
Represent USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey as a player or coach in Russia!
08/09/2012, 9:38am CDT By Minnesota Hockey
Ten day exchange program will occur this October
Minnesota Hockey is accepting applications for a 10‐day hockey exchange program that will send 10 high school aged Minnesota Hockey players (five female and five male) and two Minnesota Hockey coaches/chaperones (one female and one male) to Russia for a once‐in‐a‐lifetime experience. This exchange program is sponsored by the United States State Department. All travel and lodging expenses are being
covered by the U.S. State Department. Tentative dates are October 4th – 14th.
All participants will be selected by Minnesota Hockey. To apply, please let us know why you should represent USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey as part of this team. All application materials must be
received by August 23rd.
Player eligibility requirements
• Player must submit their own expression of why she/he should represent USA Hockey and Minnesota
Hockey as part of this team.
• Player must be at least 16 years of age, currently enrolled in high school and played hockey last year
• Player must be in good standing with Minnesota Hockey and USA Hockey
• If a player participated in High School Federation Hockey, they must have no Minnesota State High
School League violations during their high school career
• Player must have a current United State passport
• Preferred candidates will have some overseas travel experience.
Coach/Chaperone eligibility requirements
• Applicant must submit a current coaching resume
• Complete online background check with Minnesota Hockey
• Complete membership for USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey
• Posses at minimum a Level 3 CEP certification with USA Hockey (Level 4 and Level 5 coaches will receive priority)
Please send completed applications and all other application requirements to the address below. All application materials must be received by August 23rd:
ATTN: Russia Exchange Selection Committee
317 Washington Street
St. Paul, MN 55102
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag(s): MN Hockey News
Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)
1 post • Page 1 of 1