We are an - team?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

We are an - team?

Post by MrBoDangles »

District 6 has classified all their top teams as AA level teams. Some associations in other Districts have also put AA in front of their teams(to show that they're not a level down) on their websites while others have only put A...... :?:

Edina is hosting AA and A tournaments.... So it's pretty obvious to me that AA is also a regular season level, correct?

Isn't this completely different from what MNH had advertised?
nofinish

Post by nofinish »

Edina is going with a AA and A tournament to protect their A team from losing, more divisions means more hardware.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

Works well so A teams aren't mistakenly entering AA level tournaments.

As team Mom, have your sweatshirts printed B1-AAA
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BadgerBob82 wrote:Works well so A teams aren't mistakenly entering AA level tournaments.

As team Mom, have your sweatshirts printed B1-AAA
But it's good for A teams to play AA teams away from tournaments and post-season?

Where are these small association A teams you were talking about that will get extended play-off runs. A will be the most unbalanced NEW level. :idea:

Print fail on your forehead with the rest of the MNH board that was for this.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Our AA bantam team is small/slow and will struggle.[we are in Edina] We did not have a Abantam team. Our B1 team looks like they should be strong, if other assc. declared properly. It is going to be "interesting".
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

OG: Maybe FL should have gone A - B1, not AA - B1?

The AA-A-B1-B2-C model will work fine if associations do the right thing. MN Hockey should have forced associations to do the right thing in situations where they wouldn't.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Our highschool graduates 600 kids each year we need to be AA. The problem lies in the Stillwater WBL types that went AA/B1 when they should have been forced to go AA/A B1. In my opinion !!
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

I agree! Every AA association should have been forced to have an A team also. THEN, associations could petition to not have an A team. So if FL was "required" to go AA (though I've said HS size should not be the sole factor) they could present their case for not fielding an A team. The WBL, etc would look silly making the B1 argument.

So you'd have about 40-50 AA teams. 125+ A teams. Then similar numbers of B1-B2-C teams as in the past.

I know even with 125-140 A teams, Bo would still be mad that his kid is a B1 player.
Stratal

They missed the boat a simple way to correct it

Post by Stratal »

Size means everything(so I have been told)

AA A B1 B2 C

Association X has 100+ kids trying out
especially if you feed a AA high School
15 AA
15 A
14 B1
14 B1
14 B2
14 B2
14 C

Association has 75 kids trying out
15 AA
15 A
15 B1
15 B2
15 C

If your association WBL, Stillwater to name a few... have those numbers shame on you for having your kids Play down in the B's (it isnt about winning)
last I looked it was about development

You all need to give it a chance ...to many people who think the Sky is falling

Take a deep breath and Enjoy ...it is Kids Youth Hockey
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BadgerBob82 wrote:I agree! Every AA association should have been forced to have an A team also. THEN, associations could petition to not have an A team. So if FL was "required" to go AA (though I've said HS size should not be the sole factor) they could present their case for not fielding an A team. The WBL, etc would look silly making the B1 argument.

So you'd have about 40-50 AA teams. 125+ A teams. Then similar numbers of B1-B2-C teams as in the past.

I know even with 125-140 A teams, Bo would still be mad that his kid is a B1 player.
WHAT???? ](*,)

Associations, like OG's FL, CHOOSE to go AA because they know they have to compete with the White Bears in high school. Do you really think associations are going to bend over to a lesser level and forget about HS rivalries?

Are you saying we should break apart the current Minnesota High School model? You need to remember that MNH brought high school numbers into this. :idea:

You admit that this whole thing is "stupid" but you have even less of a grip.. Stupiderer!
MrBoDangles

Re: They missed the boat a simple way to correct it

Post by MrBoDangles »

Stratal wrote:Size means everything(so I have been told)

AA A B1 B2 C

Association X has 100+ kids trying out
especially if you feed a AA high School
15 AA
15 A
14 B1
14 B1
14 B2
14 B2
14 C

Association has 75 kids trying out
15 AA
15 A
15 B1
15 B2
15 C

If your association WBL, Stillwater to name a few... have those numbers shame on you for having your kids Play down in the B's (it isnt about winning)
last I looked it was about development

You all need to give it a chance ...to many people who think the Sky is falling

Take a deep breath and Enjoy ...it is Kids Youth Hockey
You need to stop and think. In the old model B-1 was the next step down from A and big associations had multiple B-1 teams. Now those same mega associations have combined all those B-1 teams to form ONE new powerhouse team at the new next level down. Massacre! Why would some of these programs with 4-5 teams at a level want to have both an AA and A team. Some of these progams might have had only ONE B-1 team at .500 and BadgerBob expects them to have success at State against the Edina'a/Wayzata's that had 2/3 top ten teams that have now combined into one team.... Whew!

:idea:
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

Bo, you mix and match things so much. You say Forest Lake should play AA hockey, even if they get trounced in every game, because they have to compete against AA high schools? You have no clue about hockey so it is a waste of time to even listen to a word you say. You are too stupid to even take seriously.
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

old goalie85 wrote:Our highschool graduates 600 kids each year we need to be AA. The problem lies in the Stillwater WBL types that went AA/B1 when they should have been forced to go AA/A B1. In my opinion !!
The problem with this Pilot Program is that it was rushed through way to quickly. Nobody really knows what the appropriate level should be with the lack of information and guidance that was provided by MN Hockey. Also, many of the tournaments were already scheduled before this Pilot was accepted. The cost for associations to move out of tournaments and into new one's would have been drastic. Does it really make sense to to have an A team with nobody else in the district to play? It is a much easier decision for D6 because all of the tems are strong and there are many teams to play within the district. The bottom line is - they should not have fixed something that wasn't broken. And if they had to, it should have been done a couple years out so everyone could have prepared bettter. I also think they should allow teams at A and B1 levels scrimmage each other once they figure out who is strong/weak. Just my opinion.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BadgerBob82 wrote:Bo, you mix and match things so much. You say Forest Lake should play AA hockey, even if they get trounced in every game, because they have to compete against AA high schools? You have no clue about hockey so it is a waste of time to even listen to a word you say. You are too stupid to even take seriously.
Me? Your views are all over the place.... You've agreed with ME multiple times on this just to go back to your same old ways. Your ideas are worse than this circus of a plan that has been put forward.

I have yet to agree with anything you've said. :idea:

We're all still waiting to hear your "plan".
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

nofinish wrote:Edina is going with a AA and A tournament to protect their A team from losing, more divisions means more hardware.
What makes you think they won't lose? They'll probably be playing teams from assocations that don't have AA teams.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

I was told the A - AA designation was based on what your high school program was currently at. Is that true or no?
Character is who you are when no one is watching
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
nofinish wrote:Edina is going with a AA and A tournament to protect their A team from losing, more divisions means more hardware.
What makes you think they won't lose? They'll probably be playing teams from assocations that don't have AA teams.
You're talking about Edina's 16-30 against the likes of Kennedy, Richfield, Coon Rapids and North Metro? :shock:

What are you seeing that I'm not?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

GR3343 wrote:I was told the A - AA designation was based on what your high school program was currently at. Is that true or no?
I wrote a nice long response and was 'critical erred' out of here.

To answer the question, Yes, by high school designation, but with the opportunity for the local associations to opt up or down with committee review and approval.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
You're talking about Edina's 16-30 against the likes of Kennedy, Richfield, Coon Rapids and North Metro? :shock:

None of those teams will enter the Edina tournament - which is what nofinish was referring to. I don't think you can seriously accuse Edina of dodging good competition can you?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: What makes you think they won't lose? They'll probably be playing teams from assocations that don't have AA teams.

None of those teams will enter the Edina tournament - which is what nofinish was referring to. I don't think you can seriously accuse Edina of dodging good competition can you?
What teams would be in the tournament then that "don't have AA teams" in their association?

Are you saying the four teams I mentioned are not at the right level in this pilot, or is it Edina's 16-30 that are not?
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: You're talking about Edina's 16-30 against the likes of Kennedy, Richfield, Coon Rapids and North Metro? :shock:

What teams would be in the tournament then that "don't have AA teams" in their association?

Are you saying the four teams I mentioned are not at the right level in this pilot, or is it Edina's 16-30 that are not?
I DON'T KNOW and you don't either. I simply responded to a post that implied that Edina was somehow protecting their A team by having a perfectly-valid separate bracket. I do know that they typically have a strong field in their B1 tournament - and often don't win, because there are teams that either a) come from associations that didn't have A teams, or from associations that have tiered their B1 teams in the past, or simply had better B1 teams. They've never dodged it by not inviting those teams. I'm making no judgement on who is at the right level and who isn't. I do know that Duluth Denfeld won the B1 state tournament last year and didn't have an A team. Would they have won the A tournament under the new setup? I don't know.
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

The reality is, people cant handle losing, take Edina they could have two AA team or two A team, Edina is afraid to compete thus they wont make two equal AA teams or have two A teams, hell would freeze over if a lesser AA squad beat an AA edina team
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

elliott70 wrote:
GR3343 wrote:I was told the A - AA designation was based on what your high school program was currently at. Is that true or no?
I wrote a nice long response and was 'critical erred' out of here.

To answer the question, Yes, by high school designation, but with the opportunity for the local associations to opt up or down with committee review and approval.
If you get the critical error when making a post, just hit your refresh button (as many times as necessary/...sometimes it takes a little while). The message will still appear.

It seems there's a fair amount of opting up/down going on--especially down, with only 45 AA programs and a handful of opt-ups, like Hermantown, Hibbing, and EGF.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

Bo: I have agreed with you that MN Hockey has not done this right. And, as you continually point out, I said if they screw it up, MN Hockey could set hockey back 10 years. I have also agreed that associations have done the wrong thing.

BUT, somehow you liked the A-B1 model of the mega associations having top 15 on an A team, then 16-30 on a B1 team? Talk about the continual masacres!

You want my plan? Very simple. AA-A-B1-B2-C. EVERY association will be forced to do the right thing by MN Hockey. There. Simple as that. Do the right thing.

Your problem is you have never played a sport in your life, let alone hockey. You think your son is a super-star locked into a black hole association. You have found AAA summer hockey to your liking. So you think everything else is wrecking your kid's development. You don't care about the entire program from AA-C. You only care about your kid and how this may or may not impact him. Yet, you are too stupid to know what the real effects will be. So you throw darts at everything.

You have no plan! Any plan you could think of would only involve your kid. To heck with every other player in the state from Mite-Jr Gold. You're too stupid to know how stupid you really are.

If I was smart like you, I'd insert the banging the head against brick wall thing here.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: None of those teams will enter the Edina tournament - which is what nofinish was referring to. I don't think you can seriously accuse Edina of dodging good competition can you?

I DON'T KNOW and you don't either. I simply responded to a post that implied that Edina was somehow protecting their A team by having a perfectly-valid separate bracket. I do know that they typically have a strong field in their B1 tournament - and often don't win, because there are teams that either a) come from associations that didn't have A teams, or from associations that have tiered their B1 teams in the past, or simply had better B1 teams. They've never dodged it by not inviting those teams. I'm making no judgement on who is at the right level and who isn't. I do know that Duluth Denfeld won the B1 state tournament last year and didn't have an A team. Would they have won the A tournament under the new setup? I don't know.
Pick some out that don't have AA teams. There is a list now.

- Last years B-1 is TOTALLY :idea: different from this years A. Meaning that Denfelds B-1 State team won't match up with the combination of Wayzata's three ranked B-1 teams.

You would be correct in saying that Edina will find competion for their A tournament in other mega associations.

I DO