Virginia HS and its youth

VABlueDevilsfan

resurrecting this thread

Post by VABlueDevilsfan »

The boys on the Hibbing site said Virginia has it's own thread, go talk about Virginia over there. Let's do. <br>Any pre-season thoughts? <br>Niski looks good with the Bulldogs. He will be greatly missed. I believe the foundation is solid and with a little remodeling Virgina Blue will be repeating a State appearence with a better show this time.<br>GO Blue Devils!!<br> <p></p><i></i>
elmnhockeyscout

Re: resurrecting this thread

Post by elmnhockeyscout »

Ya, they'll be going to state, along with what support behind sacchetti, who is only a sophomore... <p></p><i></i>
VABlueDevilsfan

Re: resurrecting this thread

Post by VABlueDevilsfan »

elmn.... you make no sense. Only a sophomore. Can't he anchor a team? <p></p><i></i>
elmnhockeyscout

bluedevils fan

Post by elmnhockeyscout »

i make no sense huh... well obviously you don't no much about leadership in a team, though saccetti may be a good player, he is only a sophomore. you can't expect a sophomore to lead a team, you need more than just him along with upperclassmen to lead to have a strong team. <p></p><i></i>
PuckRanger

Re: Leadership

Post by PuckRanger »

Elmnhockeyscout, <br><br>Perhaps you may "no" what leadership is in a team, but I "know" that you are sorely mistaken if you think Virginia has no other leaders on this years team other than Sacchetti.<br><br>You talk of upperclassmen. Well, Virginia will have <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">8</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> seniors, two of which are good goaltenders (whether you believe it or not, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Logan Hoche</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Derek Peterson</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> are not bad). Among the other seniors are two very solid defensemen (<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Evan Friedlieb</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> & <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Jared Cuoco</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->) and four talented forwards including <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Nick Joelson</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (9th among juniors last year in section 7A in points and assists, 15th in goals) and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Corey Andrews</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (7th among juniors in goals, 14th in points).<br><br>More upperclassmen: 3 junior forwards will return, including <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Mark McGillivray</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (2nd among sophomores in the section in goals-22 and points-28 and is the section's 5th overall returning goal scorer) and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Cody McNamee</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (2nd among sophomores in assists). There will also be two junior defensemen, both very sound defensively and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Scott Kishel</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (6th among sophs. in assists) has shown excellent offensive abilities as well.<br><br>Now you can throw in <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Nico Sacchetti</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and fellow sophomore defenseman <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Brian Villa</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> who saw quite a bit of ice time last year as a freshman to round off the experienced players coming back.<br><br>That makes 13 very experienced upperclassmen returning along with only 2 experienced underclassmen. Keep in mind that team leaders aren't always the highest scoring players.<br><br>Do you still think there's no upperclass leadership? <p></p><i></i>