Games Saturday 2-2-19

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey59

Re: Games Saturday 2-2-19

Post by hockey59 »

WestMetro wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 am Pipes, agree with most your thoughts, although Tonka offense not quite as bad as your comment,

But definitely, top Tonka strengths are Glockner, First D, and balanced forward lines, in that order

Glad to see Bullis perform well in goal in a pressure environment.

And EP sophomores have really progressed this year. Luke M., Holt and Batch. Holts progress has been especially noteworthy. Best soph class in state, although Joey Pierce probably ranks up with Luke as top individually
Tonka are the Champs until someone in 2AA beats them. Wasn’t at the game, but EP should have had all the momentum going into OT, yet Tonka still found a way.☝️
between_the_pipes

Post by between_the_pipes »

WestMetro wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 am Pipes, agree with most your thoughts, although Tonka offense not quite as bad as your comment,

But definitely, top Tonka strengths are Glockner, First D, and balanced forward lines, in that order

Glad to see Bullis perform well in goal in a pressure environment.

And EP sophomores have really progressed this year. Luke M., Holt and Batch. Holts progress has been especially noteworthy. Best soph class in state, although Joey Pierce probably ranks up with Luke as top individually
More of an exaggeration to make a point. Offensive capability isn't anything special as of late. Especially for all of the hype Tonka's offense gets.

Agree. Bullis played solid and looked very controlled during much of the game. Fantastic point blank slot onetime glove save in the second. That goes in and it would be a different game.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 am
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Wow!
Wow!
A wow if you only have been looking at the record and not watching this team. A lot of speed and skill, but very young raw talent on the team I could see early on and my only question was will the team develop and get better and good enough as the season progresses? Also of note about this game is Rapids was without seniors Del Greco and Jaeger along with Cody Miller (junior or sophomore I can't remember). I like Rapids chances on the road in the playoffs vs Elk River or Forest Lake. At Cloquet would be a tall task, but not impossible at all. Certainly Rapids has become a team that will surprise no one if they are on the ice at Amsoil Arena for Semi-Final Saturday. How competitive they can be against an elite squad like Andover I'm not sure, but Rapids is certainly not a team to be taken lightly as I'm sure coach O'Leary would warn anyone in 7AA at this point.
7-15 is the new "success" at Rapidly Declining. #-o
As Syd would say " give me a drink out of your glass".
You funny guy DJ.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:33 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 am

Wow!
A wow if you only have been looking at the record and not watching this team. A lot of speed and skill, but very young raw talent on the team I could see early on and my only question was will the team develop and get better and good enough as the season progresses? Also of note about this game is Rapids was without seniors Del Greco and Jaeger along with Cody Miller (junior or sophomore I can't remember). I like Rapids chances on the road in the playoffs vs Elk River or Forest Lake. At Cloquet would be a tall task, but not impossible at all. Certainly Rapids has become a team that will surprise no one if they are on the ice at Amsoil Arena for Semi-Final Saturday. How competitive they can be against an elite squad like Andover I'm not sure, but Rapids is certainly not a team to be taken lightly as I'm sure coach O'Leary would warn anyone in 7AA at this point.
You funny guy DJ.
I’d rather be funny than ignorant
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:33 am

You funny guy DJ.
I’d rather be funny than ignorant
Hey DJ you mean and insulting to NWO.
You not very nice guy to NWO.
bout fell off my chair when you stated "speed and skill"
You funny guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: