Games Friday 12-10

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Games Friday 12-10

Post by elliott70 »

Morris/Benson vs Windom - Windom Arena TBD
Two Rivers vs Bagley/Fosston - Bagley Hockey Arena 6:00 PM CST

Crookston vs Kittson Central - Hallock Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST
Grand Rapids vs Roseau - Roseau High School 7:00 PM CST

Hermantown vs Wayzata - Plymouth Ice Center 7:00 PM CST
Monticello vs Cambridge-Isanti - Isanti Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST

New Ulm vs Luverne - Blue Mound Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST
Park Rapids vs Lake of the Woods - Baudette, MN 56623, USA 7:00 PM CST

Pine City Area vs Princeton - Princeton Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST
Rosemount vs Lakeville North - Lakeville Ames Arena 7:00 PM CST

Hazen (N.D.) vs International Falls - Bronco Arena, 15th Avenue, International Falls, MN, USA7:00 PM CST
Bemidji vs Sartell-St. Stephen - Bernick's Hockey Arena 7:15 PM CST

Hibbing/Chisholm vs Rochester Mayo - Rochester Graham Arena Complex7:15 PM CST

Moorhead vs Benilde-St. Margaret's - St. Louis Park Recreation Center7:15 PM CST

Proctor vs Red Wing - Prairie Island Arena7:15 PM CST

Rock Ridge vs Warroad - The Gardens Arena, Warroad7:30 PM CST

St. Paul Johnson vs Crookston - Crookston Arena Cancelled
Winona Cotter vs Viroqua - Viroqua Community Arena 7:30 PM CST

Notre Dame vs Gentry Academy - TCO Sports Garden 8:00 PM CST
elliott70

Re: Games Friday 12-10

Post by elliott70 »

Games of he Day
Grand Rapids vs Roseau - Roseau High School 7:00 PM CST

Monticello vs Cambridge-Isanti - Isanti Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST

New Ulm vs Luverne - Blue Mound Ice Arena 7:00 PM CST

Bemidji vs Sartell-St. Stephen - Bernick's Hockey Arena 7:15 PM CST

Moorhead vs Benilde-St. Margaret's - St. Louis Park Recreation Center7:15 PM CST

Proctor vs Red Wing - Prairie Island Arena7:15 PM CST

Rock Ridge vs Warroad - The Gardens Arena, Warroad7:30 PM CST
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Wayzata may be a team who could slow down / beat Htown , if the game doesn’t get cancelled
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Hermantown 1, Wayzata 0 after one
Shots 16-6 Hawks
Late PP goal for Hermantown, and they have 1:49 carryover PP
Trojans look like they are skating in mud compared to the visitors

2-1 Hermantown after two
Much better period for Wayzata; shots now 19-16 Hawks.
Trojans converted 5-on-3 late, but left a man wide open in the slot a few minutes before that.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Zam left game in first holding wrist/arm after a fall, hasn’t returned
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:38 pm Zam left game in first holding wrist/arm after a fall, hasn’t returned
WOW that would be a game changer indeed if serious like last year
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Cambridge-Isanti 3, Monticello 0 in 3rd :shock:
Just when you thought it was safe to consider Monticello reliable.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Hermantown 2, Wayzata 1 is your final from Plymouth.

That was Hermantown’s best test to date, but Zam’s absence was noticeable. I didn’t think I saw him on the ice later in the game, but Westy (unfortunately) confirmed that suspicion.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Stang5280 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:55 pm Cambridge-Isanti 3, Monticello 0 in 3rd :shock:
Just when you thought it was safe to consider Monticello reliable.
Wow very shocking and starting to doubt Orono as well as there big win over Breck does not seem nearly as impressive anymore
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Moorhead 4
Benilde 3
OT
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

#3 Warroad 6 Rock Ridge 0 Final
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Roseau and GR in OT also
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Rams win in OT
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Notre Dame with two quick goals to start 3rd, now doubling up Gentry 6-3.

6-4 final
Gentry falls to the #3 team in Wisconsin. The Stars had won 21 straight. They will have to try to bounce back against top-ranked Hudson tomorrow.
Last edited by Stang5280 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norcon

Post by norcon »

Proven once again tonight, that you get the worst homer reffing in the state when playing at Roseau. Rapids was up 3-1 going into the third when the refs decided they were not going to let Rapids leave Memorial Arena with a W. They called a 5 minute major on Rapids with six minutes left, followed by a two minute call shortly thereafter. Rams pull the goalie to go 6 on 3 and tie it up. There was a much more blatant hit on a Rapids player earlier in the period that easily could have been five minutes. Same old crap they’ve been getting away with for years. Un-f-ing believable!
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

norcon wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:49 pm Proven once again tonight, that you get the worst homer reffing in the state when playing at Roseau. Rapids was up 3-1 going into the third when the refs decided they were not going to let Rapids leave Memorial Arena with a W. They called a 5 minute major on Rapids with six minutes left, followed by a two minute call shortly thereafter. Rams pull the goalie to go 6 on 3 and tie it up. There was a much more blatant hit on a Rapids player earlier in the period that easily could have been five minutes. Same old crap they’ve been getting away with for years. Un-f-ing believable!
What a joke of a post. What was it 2 penalty’s on each team in the third? Yeah the refs decided they weren’t letting them out of memorial with a win!

The 5 was blatant. Go watch the replay, it might be at the next officiating seminar as an example of a major penalty. Three feet away from the boards right in the back. And you need to watch a replay of the other play you are referencing as well. He goes out of his way to hit the ram defender right before, goes to the front of the net and then goes down like a ton of bricks when he gets touched. Then he proceeds to lay on the ice. Embarrassing. Smells of a sore loser post.
Last edited by 7TIMECHAMPS on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

The 5 minute major appeared to be a legit call when I reviewed the video. But the tripping call to put Rapids down two men was pretty weak. Although Rapids did get a power play opportunity that carried into overtime that they didn't capitalize on so I guess it sort of evened out. Overall it was a good, competitive game. Rapids missed a pass by inches that would have been a back door open net goal to seal it.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
norcon

Post by norcon »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:49 pm
norcon wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:49 pm Proven once again tonight, that you get the worst homer reffing in the state when playing at Roseau. Rapids was up 3-1 going into the third when the refs decided they were not going to let Rapids leave Memorial Arena with a W. They called a 5 minute major on Rapids with six minutes left, followed by a two minute call shortly thereafter. Rams pull the goalie to go 6 on 3 and tie it up. There was a much more blatant hit on a Rapids player earlier in the period that easily could have been five minutes. Same old crap they’ve been getting away with for years. Un-f-ing believable!
What a joke of a post. What was it 2 penalty’s on each team in the third? Yeah the refs decided they weren’t letting them out of memorial with a win!

The 5 was blatant. Go watch the replay, it might be at the next officiating seminar as an example of a major penalty. Three feet away from the boards right in the back. And you need to watch a replay of the other play you are referencing as well. He goes out of his way to hit the ram defender right before, goes to the front of the net and then goes down like a ton of bricks when he gets touched. Then he proceeds to lay on the ice. Embarrassing. Smells of a sore loser post.
I knew I would get a good reaction out of one of you goat fans LOL. Still doesn’t change the fact about the reffing issues when playing in Roseau...been going on for years!
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

norcon wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:40 am

I knew I would get a good reaction out of one of you goat fans LOL. Still doesn’t change the fact about the reffing issues when playing in Roseau...been going on for years!
So are you sticking by your statement or no? Like I said sore loser post. The Roseau PP was sandwiched between 2 Rapids PP’s. And a good chunk of home games are done by out of town officials (including all section games). A lot of times from Warroad. Maybe there are closet Ram fans in Warroad!
norcon

Post by norcon »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:23 am

So are you sticking by your statement or no? Like I said sore loser post. The Roseau PP was sandwiched between 2 Rapids PP’s. And a good chunk of home games are done by out of town officials (including all section games). A lot of times from Warroad. Maybe there are closet Ram fans in Warroad!
Calling a five minute major with that amount of time left in the game was an absolute joke. Then they immediately follow it up with a weak tripping call that could have been an embellishment penalty on Byfuglien. No sore loser here! Rapids is the better team.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

norcon wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:21 am
7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:23 am
Calling a five minute major with that amount of time left in the game was an absolute joke. Then they immediately follow it up with a weak tripping call that could have been an embellishment penalty on Byfuglien. No sore loser here! Rapids is the better team.
I guess I haven’t seen in the rule book the stipulations as to when a call is a major or not based on time remaining on the clock. But ok you can run someone from behind if there is less than 7 minutes remaining in the game. Got it. And they weren’t last night. Outshot, outplayed, and out scored.
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

Roseau has had many of the top officials in the state for years many going on to to ref D1 as far as homer calls if that was the case penalties would have been 10-1.Penalties were pretty even more stuff could have been called both ways but that is not hockey let the kids play.It was a entertaining hard fought game that could have went either way.I can remember a number of games over the years in Grand Rapids that In my opinion the reffing decided the outcome but blaming the refs every time you lose screaming and complaining after every stoppage is the reason every association is having problems getting officials.A bit of advice you are playing a very good Warroad team today I don’t know if you are a kid a parent or a fan but the players will be affected if they here all this complaining.I had a coach once tell me you don’t have to like losing but you win with class and you lose with class. All that being said I am still a Rapids fan and I hope the Rams and Indians are both in St Paul this march.
norcon

Post by norcon »

I accomplished what I wanted to. Got some people on this forum riled up. Didn’t even watch the game…listened to our local guys call the game. Good to know there’s still some life on this board and hockey fans are watching. Best of luck to all northern teams for the remainder of the season. Hope to see the green and the orange down at the Excel in March. No hard feelings 😎
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

thefatcat wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:21 pm Moorhead 4
Benilde 3
OT
Benilde not living up to preseason expectations? Shocking.
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Come on now 7 time , I wouldn’t say rapids was outplayed by a long shot it could have gone either way . Good luck to the rams hopefully we get to see them back at the X.