Undefeated Teams

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who stays undefeated longer?

Warroad
25%
Little Falls
75%

Total votes: 12

bardown27

Undefeated Teams

Post by bardown27 »

Looking at the standings on Hockey Hub, only two undefeated teams left in either class, and both happen to be A: Warroad and Little Falls.
Next 5 games for each:

Warroad: Fergus (1/7), DL (1/8), Crookston (1/14), HT (1/15), Denfeld (1/21)
Little Falls: Hutchinson (1/7), Princeton (1/13), Fergus (1/15) River Lakes (1/17), TRF (1/21)
Brodziak Fan Club

Re: Undefeated Teams

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Could see them both losing on January 15th.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:54 am Could see them both losing on January 15th.
Certainly could happen. But don't count out the possibility of a loss in Princeton for LF. Historically, Princeton can give the Flyers a hard time.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

From what I saw last night, I wouldn't necessarily count Warroad out of beating Hermantown.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Green and White Fan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 pm From what I saw last night, I wouldn't necessarily count Warroad out of beating Hermantown.
Warroad has been my pick all year to win Class A. In the Tourney you can play your horses way more with TV Timeouts.

They started slow but it seems like the young bucks like Marvin-Cordes and Pilgrim are starting to score to add secondary help to Shaugabay, Gardner and Hard. Their D-core is very good and Slukynski can steal a game in net.

Hermantown picking up the East Transfer of Goaltender Dane Callaway in net is huge because before that the net was very questionable for the Hawks.

HUGE Game on 1/15 will Zam play? I am guessing no even is he is healthy he was named to the BioSteel All American Game the USHL put together that takes place on 1/17. Will he be around on Saturday Afternoon if he is to play Monday Afternoon in a big USA Hockey Event that will be on NHL Network.

Why it's important it will determine the #1 seed in Class a the X.... You don't want the #2 seed and have a Friday 11 AM game with Mr Dardis in the cage for the #3 Zephyrs. He knocked off both these giants when he was sophomore on his way to leading Mahtomedi to Tourney Title in 2020 when all anyone talked about all year was Warroad, Hermantown and SCC.

Fun game to think about less then a week away for big implications down the road.... Cant Wait!
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

Anyone think Hutch will give Little Falls a game on Fri? Trying to decide what to do Friday night with the SCSU Hky game against UMD cancelled and wondering if it is worth the 30 minute drive
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

ClassAGuy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:10 pm
Green and White Fan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 pm From what I saw last night, I wouldn't necessarily count Warroad out of beating Hermantown.
Warroad has been my pick all year to win Class A. In the Tourney you can play your horses way more with TV Timeouts.

They started slow but it seems like the young bucks like Marvin-Cordes and Pilgrim are starting to score to add secondary help to Shaugabay, Gardner and Hard. Their D-core is very good and Slukynski can steal a game in net.

Hermantown picking up the East Transfer of Goaltender Dane Callaway in net is huge because before that the net was very questionable for the Hawks.

HUGE Game on 1/15 will Zam play? I am guessing no even is he is healthy he was named to the BioSteel All American Game the USHL put together that takes place on 1/17. Will he be around on Saturday Afternoon if he is to play Monday Afternoon in a big USA Hockey Event that will be on NHL Network.

Why it's important it will determine the #1 seed in Class a the X.... You don't want the #2 seed and have a Friday 11 AM game with Mr Dardis in the cage for the #3 Zephyrs. He knocked off both these giants when he was sophomore on his way to leading Mahtomedi to Tourney Title in 2020 when all anyone talked about all year was Warroad, Hermantown and SCC.

Fun game to think about less then a week away for big implications down the road.... Cant Wait!
I think the question with Warroad is if they have enough depth to match Hermantown. That seems to have been the downfall of the last couple of tournament teams. The Warriors IMO definitely have the best chance to take down Hermantown. The biggest question mark I see with Hermantown is playing up to expectations. Despite being the favorite, they have unexpectedly fallen (Greenway, Alexandria, Mahtomedi).

Assuming Mahtomedi gets the 3 spot. LF is undefeated with a less challenging schedule.

The game will be the regular season game of the year in class A.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

I would think those top 5 for LF will be too much for Hutch and Princeton. When they get rolling they are a handful.