Mike McGraw

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Joe2015

Mike McGraw

Post by Joe2015 »

Did Mike McGraw retire from doing the tournament?
ryguyMN

Re: Mike McGraw

Post by ryguyMN »

His wife passed away in March 2021. Not sure if that played a role or anything, but was a significant life event.

https://www.mesabitribune.com/obituarie ... 28376.html
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Met Mike at a Duluth East -Rosemount hockey game in 2019. The topic of conversation was he'd coached a son of a friend of mine at Spring Lake Park & now this sons son was a star at Breck. I also voiced concerns at Greenway's slump at the time. He told me I only had to worry about Hermantown. A little bit later I didn't see him so I figured he was gone.
Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Mike who said he didn't get my name. Very classy. He didn't have to do that.
I remember some fun was made on here a few years ago about his glasses and his hockey commentary on TV but that gesture by him spoke volumes to me about his character.
Wherever he is, I hope he's ok and doing well.
Thanks Ryan for posting that reminder.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Not sure about his status as a TV commentator, but he is definitely still around organizing things and I saw him at a game in Duluth this year. Seems to be in good health, perhaps just stepping back from a TV role.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

karl(east) wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:27 pm Not sure about his status as a TV commentator, but he is definitely still around organizing things and I saw him at a game in Duluth this year. Seems to be in good health, perhaps just stepping back from a TV role.
Good to hear, Karl.
Thanks for letting us know that.
Fightinghawklover

Post by Fightinghawklover »

I see Mike at games still, scouting for the Boston Bruins. Talked to him on occasion this season. He’s doing well.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Fightinghawklover wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:50 pm I see Mike at games still, scouting for the Boston Bruins. Talked to him on occasion this season. He’s doing well.
Thanks for the update. :)