2023-24 Season Transfers

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Re: 2023-24 Season Transfers

Post by WestMetro »

Do any of our friends from Tonka , CDH, STA , Rogers have anything /additional items to report ?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Do our St. Cloud friends have anything to report ?
westsidescout

Post by westsidescout »

WestMetro wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:00 am First blockbuster rumor on the East Side . Involves the Cadets. Summer practice will be starting soon , what new face will we be seeing at the icebox ?
D Jake Faith will be heading to play for Windy City in Chicago next season...
westsidescout

Post by westsidescout »

WestMetro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:38 pm Do any of our friends from Tonka , CDH, STA , Rogers have anything /additional items to report ?
D Phoenix Cahill has left HM to attend CDH
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

WestMetro wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:21 am Do our St. Cloud friends have anything to report ?
I did see a wild rumor on Twitter that SCC Hirschfeld was heading to Rogers... I just don't see it... Be a huge blow to a Crusaders Crew that look primed to be a Top 3 Class A teams next year if true.

Again if this is the rumor you are floating I would be shocked but I know you are way more plugged in during the summer going to STP practices and scrimmages. I may be way off on the carrot you are floating with this summer post... Just a wild one I saw that I would be shocked if true and would not believe... but again you maybe trying to hint at a different one.
SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! »

ClassAGuy wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:49 am
WestMetro wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:21 am Do our St. Cloud friends have anything to report ?
I did see a wild rumor on Twitter that SCC Hirschfeld was heading to Rogers... I just don't see it... Be a huge blow to a Crusaders Crew that look primed to be a Top 3 Class A teams next year if true.

Again if this is the rumor you are floating I would be shocked but I know you are way more plugged in during the summer going to STP practices and scrimmages. I may be way off on the carrot you are floating with this summer post... Just a wild one I saw that I would be shocked if true and would not believe... but again you maybe trying to hint at a different one.
I guess Rogers has come to the conclusion that the only way they are going to beat Maple Grove when it matters—the section championship—is to go the Eden Prairie and Minnetonka route and recruit players from outside Rogers. Gross.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

While I would prefer the transfer numbers were far less than they've become, is there insider knowledge to judge a specific transfer was the result of actual recruiting rather than say a kid/family explored another opportunity of their own doing?
SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:24 am While I would prefer the transfer numbers were far less than they've become, is there insider knowledge to judge a specific transfer was the result of actual recruiting rather than say a kid/family explored another opportunity of their own doing?
Nobody, I repeat nobody, sells their home and moves to another community with the sole reason being to play for a hockey team without talking with the coach of said hockey team. This I promise you. Lee Smith opened the Pandora’s box of public school recruiting wide with his last state championship team, Tonka took it to a whole other level last year, and now others are trying to catch up. Sadly, it’s a new era in Minnesota high school hockey. And we just won’t know who all is playing where in a given season until the school year starts and we’ve figured out who has transferred where. Gross.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

WestMetro wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:12 pm Have our friends at Rogers got anything more to report ?
Now confirmed by the famous twitter account Cole Bumgarner is at Rogers next year

@Justenandcole
Yes, moved to Albertville, Mn. Rogers bound and absolutely loving it. Nothing but great things to say about the Rogers coaching staff. Top notch!
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

SpreadOut! wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:13 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:24 am While I would prefer the transfer numbers were far less than they've become, is there insider knowledge to judge a specific transfer was the result of actual recruiting rather than say a kid/family explored another opportunity of their own doing?
Nobody, I repeat nobody, sells their home and moves to another community with the sole reason being to play for a hockey team without talking with the coach of said hockey team. This I promise you. Lee Smith opened the Pandora’s box of public school recruiting wide with his last state championship team, Tonka took it to a whole other level last year, and now others are trying to catch up. Sadly, it’s a new era in Minnesota high school hockey. And we just won’t know who all is playing where in a given season until the school year starts and we’ve figured out who has transferred where. Gross.
This seems like a fair and accurate assessment.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

:-s
Play Like a Champion Today
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

To add to what was reported earlier , 2008 Cottage Grove / SF Power/HM Phoenix Cahill is shown on Cretin Roster at tonites Breck Freedom Cup . 15th in WHL US Prospects draft
Last edited by WestMetro on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Hearing Wayzata has received another west metro elite upper classman transfer, Dman. Last year , was the De St Hubert brothers . Will defer to a Forum Trojan rep to announce name when timing is appropriate .
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 pm Hearing Wayzata has received another west metro elite upper classman transfer, Dman. Last year , was the De St Hubert brothers . Will defer to a Forum Trojan rep to announce name when timing is appropriate .
Carson Clark
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Have been waiting for a Tonka forum rep to report

Sophomore-to-be Chaska varsity 6.1" Dman Zack Markwell has
moved to Tonka . Zack has a good future. Tonka is loaded with talent .Will be interesting to see how this works out this first season .
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Nobody, I repeat nobody, sells their home and moves to another community with the sole reason being to play for a hockey team without talking with the coach of said hockey team. This I promise you.
The specific scenario you just detailed here is not recruiting but rather is exactly what I described - the kid/family exploring another opportunity. All I'm saying is don't accuse a program of recruiting unless you know it was the coach that sought the kid out on their own. Surely it happens but it's not a de facto cause.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:47 pm To add to what was reported earlier , 2008 Cottage Grove / SF Power/HM Phoenix Cahill is shown on Cretin Roster at tonites Breck Freedom Cup . 15th in WHL US Prospects draft
Good, solid player. Played JV at HM last year and the Pioneers have six returning varsity defensemen, so a transfer was probably a good move for him.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:32 am
Nobody, I repeat nobody, sells their home and moves to another community with the sole reason being to play for a hockey team without talking with the coach of said hockey team. This I promise you.
The specific scenario you just detailed here is not recruiting but rather is exactly what I described - the kid/family exploring another opportunity. All I'm saying is don't accuse a program of recruiting unless you know it was the coach that sought the kid out on their own. Surely it happens but it's not a de facto cause.
So what if people are recruiting. It’s a free country.
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Slap Shot...Question...Is it still considered "recruiting" if the coach "takes" the call? I personally think it is...You are right. In this situation it was most likely dear old dad making calls, talking to parents until he found the best situation for his kid.. But I'll bet this....the coach "taking" the call already knew the call was coming...It was set up in advance, by the captain parents or some other parent that knows the program.

In my opinion, a coach "taking" a call is just as guilty as the 10-20 coaches out there "making the calls".. The problem isn't going away, it's just starting.. AD's either have no morals, no energy or no balls to fight the process. Yet can we blame on the AD's??? They get paid the same amount of money either way and all they have to do is delete a few more angry emails at the start of every season.

What Tonka did last year should have been a wake up call to Minnesota Hockey and the MHSL. Yet the grey hairs running the high school league just looked the other way. I'd really like to see Minnesota Hockey put some pressure on the league and ask for changes. Otherwise towns like Woodbury, Chaska and Shakopee will just continue to be a feeder system for the top private and AA schools forever.
SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! »

WarmUpTheBus wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:14 am
Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:32 am

So what if people are recruiting. It’s a free country.
Wow. What a lame argument. We’re going to get to the point that Tonka and the other big recruiters win the state championship every year and few kids who actually grow up playing youth hockey in Tonka and other said programs actually have a shot at playing varsity because there will always be better kids and that can be recruited from elsewhere. It’s disgusting and a terrible development for Minnesota high school hockey. And your comment is “so what…it’s a free country.” I mean, great argument. You win I guess. Good grief.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Hunter Friedrich & Mason Fasching of Holy Family to NorthStar Academy 18U

Sam Horstman of Alexandria to Northstar Academy 16U

More to come I'm sure just a few I have seen of late on their twitter account
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

ClassAGuy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:36 pm Hunter Friedrich & Mason Fasching of Holy Family to NorthStar Academy 18U

Sam Horstman of Alexandria to Northstar Academy 16U

More to come I'm sure just a few I have seen of late on their twitter account
Add Mason Grinnell from Holy Family to Northstar Academy 16U

That makes 3 Fire players last year now heading to NCA :shock:
skiumah

Post by skiumah »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 pm Have been waiting for a Tonka forum rep to report

moved to Tonka . Zack has a good future. Tonka is loaded with talent .Will be interesting to see how this works out this first season .
Minnetonka Westside Stars sounds better than the Minnetonka Skippers.

Are there any updates on the transfers to my favorite team, Minneapolis? :D

We can all agree MN kids are raised to dislike Edina. That got me thinking...do players transfer to Edina? It probably happens, but I never see reports on this board about it. Does a kid growing up in Chaska/Chan, EP, Bloomington, etc., ask their parents to send them to Edina?
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

skiumah wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am
WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 pm Have been waiting for a Tonka forum rep to report

We can all agree MN kids are raised to dislike Edina. That got me thinking...do players transfer to Edina? It probably happens, but I never see reports on this board about it. Does a kid growing up in Chaska/Chan, EP, Bloomington, etc., ask their parents to send them to Edina?
I'm probably not thinking of someone, but the last transfer I can think of was actually an Edina kid. Caden Morgan played bantams at Edina, went to Breck, and then transferred back to Edina after his soph year
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

bardown27 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:50 am
skiumah wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am

I'm probably not thinking of someone, but the last transfer I can think of was actually an Edina kid. Caden Morgan played bantams at Edina, went to Breck, and then transferred back to Edina after his soph year
Similar story with Demetrios Koumontzis. Played bantams for Edina, then moved out to Arizona and came back to Edina for his senior year.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy