Artificial Outdoor Ice

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

upucker

Artificial Outdoor Ice

Post by upucker »

Does anyone have any information on artificial outdoor ice? Looking for info on cost start up, maintenance and what times of year you you can run the rink. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... upucker</A> at: 12/29/04 7:59 am<br></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Re: Artificial Outdoor Ice

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

Sartell has a fullsized outdoor ice rink with boards glass and the whole works. dont know if they have real or artificial ice though. <p></p><i></i>
shooter57

Post by shooter57 »

Years ago , we practiced on such a rink , on campus at CC. We took the good with the bad. Wind , snow , dirt , dust , sun , shadows... The temp in the Col. Springs was pretty good , more times than not , and it did have a cover , but........ Need i say more.... <p></p><i></i>
oldgoalie

Post by oldgoalie »

Lower Chester neighborhood rink in Duluth has "artificial" outdoor ice. Even have an old Zamboni...the place is packed in Oct/November and again in Feb/March.<br><br>Butch Williams runs the place, lives across the street. He's an old pro player, as was his brother Tommy Williams <p></p><i></i>
upucker

Post by upucker »

Thanks, maybe I could give Butch a call and get more info. Just seems like with the weather can't get good ice long enough for the kids to get into a routine. November would be good and into march no wonder Duluth is putting out good Hockey players. Do you know if the rink is run by city money or how it is funded? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... upucker</A> at: 1/11/05 6:20 am<br></i>
oldgoalie

Post by oldgoalie »

I think the rink is partialy funded by the city. But only a small part. Good luck in your efforts. The kids will be better off for it. <p></p><i></i>