Top JGB teams

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

D1Scout

Top JGB teams

Post by D1Scout »

I've been following the LPH rankings and it seems like there are several good teams in JGB.

One team in particular that interests me are the RAVE. They apparently have lost only one game this season and it was a non-conference game. I just learned they took the championship at the Albert Lea Tourney.

I hear good things about their coach. Does anyone know other reasons for their continued success?

thanks.
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

In part because they don't have an "A" team and play at the "B" level. I think if an association only has 1 team it should be playing at the "A" level. Just my 2 cents.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

Also because they have players from three good organizations. RAVE stands for Rosemount/Apple Valley/Eastview
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

Rossbury21 wrote:Also because they have players from three good organizations. RAVE stands for Rosemount/Apple Valley/Eastview
except the truth there is that all Rosemount kids in this level have been playing for IGH for some time now...
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

IGH doesn't have many Rosemount kids this year, and even if all Rosemount kids went to IGH, RAVE still has Apple Valley and Eastview, two good associations
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i agree i find that a little unfair. but i think that RAVE is a bit overconfident. i kno a few players from there and they think theyve already won the whole deal. look for teams like lakeville, wbl, roseville and wessys boys to take them down
Coachen

Setting the record straight

Post by Coachen »

Just to set the record straight .. RAVE does stand for Rosemount, Apple Valley and Eastview. We haven't had a Rosemount player for atleast 5 years now but through the cost of jeserys we decided not to change our name. We had 22 players tryout this year (4 from Eastview and 18 Apple Valley). We kept 17 skaters and 2 goalies and the others are currently playing for the Rosemount U-16 team.

Because our name contains 3 schools doesn't necessarily mean what some of you think. We have 15 Apple Valley and 4 Eastview players and find it hard to believe that other teams dont have a mix from different schools themselves. As a matter of a fact I know that the majority of all teams do.

The RAVE teams for the last 5 years have been put together for the exact same reason you all do. To give an oppurtunity for high school aged players that either didn't make their high school teams, didn't want to play at that level, or/and weren't a high school player and wanted to play hockey at a competitive level. We currently have 2 players that were cut from their high schools and I know for a fact there are more than that on other B teams.

I have never ever played teams down a level from what they are capable of and have never recruited 1 player in order to win games. Its kinda funny that a team gets on a decent run and people say what they say. Some of these people didn't have a problem 3-5 years ago when we were getting crushed by YOU 10-1 on our way to a 4-18 & 7-15 records. Believe you me, if I thought we could compete at the A level I would definately try to get our boys to play their.

As far as being over confident .. we have players from 3-5 years ago around us that wont allow that to happen. As everyone knows .. anyone can beat anyone on any given day and it happens all the time.

Sorry to take up so much space ... but i had to set the record straight .. and instead of assuming things feel free to ask. As far as fairness goes .. we are the same as everyone else accept for having a weird name.

Thanks for the thread.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i can respect that defense. though i stand my ground for the over confidence that i have heard from SOME players
Coachen

Post by Coachen »

I apreciate the heads up ... I know we haven't won anything yet and will definately relay the message.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND SEE YOU AT THE RINK

THANKS
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Hey if you read me in the goalie section this is pretty much the same thing.
This is in defense of teams like mine (Lakeville) and RAVE. Yes we win alot of games and ppl complain cuz we dont have a A team. Well, if you think about it its not our fault. For one, if lakeville knew they were getting the talent they have they would have gone to A. But when highschool tryouts happen you already have to be commited to a level and at the success the team had the year before (not so hot i think) they stayed at B. And for the ppl who say that we have a huge pool of kids to choose from we dont. Ya we are a combined team from north and south but we still have 64-70 kids making a team between the two every year. We did not cut anyone this year, we would have made more teams like another B team or U16 but we didnt have the numbers, everyone that tried out is currently on the team.

And to the woodbury coach that complained about us running the score up. We didnt, we didnt try that entire game its not our fault you had 8 skaters there, we could have put in alot more than 8. You wanna see us try, go to the game where we play the other woodbury team that made that bull allegation after we won.

But in defense to teams like us and rave, who cares if we win alot, someone will always do that and you shouldnt complain, lakeville isnt a huge town like ppl think, we split before we needed to we could still have one highschool.
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

Sauce2122 wrote:Hey if you read me in the goalie section this is pretty much the same thing.
This is in defense of teams like mine (Lakeville) and RAVE. Yes we win alot of games and ppl complain cuz we dont have a A team. Well, if you think about it its not our fault. For one, if lakeville knew they were getting the talent they have they would have gone to A. But when highschool tryouts happen you already have to be commited to a level and at the success the team had the year before (not so hot i think) they stayed at B. And for the ppl who say that we have a huge pool of kids to choose from we dont. Ya we are a combined team from north and south but we still have 64-70 kids making a team between the two every year. We did not cut anyone this year, we would have made more teams like another B team or U16 but we didnt have the numbers, everyone that tried out is currently on the team.

And to the woodbury coach that complained about us running the score up. We didnt, we didnt try that entire game its not our fault you had 8 skaters there, we could have put in alot more than 8. You wanna see us try, go to the game where we play the other woodbury team that made that bull allegation after we won.
But in defense to teams like us and rave, who cares if we win alot, someone will always do that and you shouldnt complain, lakeville isnt a huge town like ppl think, we split before we needed to we could still have one highschool.
What did they say?
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Nice post Sauce. You guys have a damn good team and were fortunate with getting a varsity guy at the last minute. Don't you have a few guys back from last years team too?
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

ya we have a few returning players one plays on first line one on second then the other on third.

The woodburry team accussed us of sharpening our sticks and trying to stab ppl. They said one player got cut but i saw why he got cut, he hit a player over from behind and the skate cut him when the kid went down. sucks for that kid but it happens and he didnt do it on purpose. Even if you tried to sharpen a composite stick the blade would be crap and its just not possible.

But sharpeing our sticks, come on, grow up.
Dr. Hurt

Re: Setting the record straight

Post by Dr. Hurt »

Coachen wrote:Just to set the record straight .. RAVE does stand for Rosemount, Apple Valley and Eastview. We haven't had a Rosemount player for atleast 5 years now but through the cost of jeserys we decided not to change our name. We had 22 players tryout this year (4 from Eastview and 18 Apple Valley). We kept 17 skaters and 2 goalies and the others are currently playing for the Rosemount U-16 team.

Because our name contains 3 schools doesn't necessarily mean what some of you think. We have 15 Apple Valley and 4 Eastview players and find it hard to believe that other teams dont have a mix from different schools themselves. As a matter of a fact I know that the majority of all teams do.

The RAVE teams for the last 5 years have been put together for the exact same reason you all do. To give an oppurtunity for high school aged players that either didn't make their high school teams, didn't want to play at that level, or/and weren't a high school player and wanted to play hockey at a competitive level. We currently have 2 players that were cut from their high schools and I know for a fact there are more than that on other B teams.

I have never ever played teams down a level from what they are capable of and have never recruited 1 player in order to win games. Its kinda funny that a team gets on a decent run and people say what they say. Some of these people didn't have a problem 3-5 years ago when we were getting crushed by YOU 10-1 on our way to a 4-18 & 7-15 records. Believe you me, if I thought we could compete at the A level I would definately try to get our boys to play their.

As far as being over confident .. we have players from 3-5 years ago around us that wont allow that to happen. As everyone knows .. anyone can beat anyone on any given day and it happens all the time.

Sorry to take up so much space ... but i had to set the record straight .. and instead of assuming things feel free to ask. As far as fairness goes .. we are the same as everyone else accept for having a weird name.

Thanks for the thread.

this is a joke they cut rosemount player cause they hate us
Dr. Hurt

Re: Setting the record straight

Post by Dr. Hurt »

Coachen wrote:Just to set the record straight .. RAVE does stand for Rosemount, Apple Valley and Eastview. We haven't had a Rosemount player for atleast 5 years now but through the cost of jeserys we decided not to change our name. We had 22 players tryout this year (4 from Eastview and 18 Apple Valley). We kept 17 skaters and 2 goalies and the others are currently playing for the Rosemount U-16 team.

Thanks for the thread.
crowriver36

Post by crowriver36 »

There is a lot of decent teams with no consistency...No great teams...some of the better teams are roseville, edina, both wbl's are decent, rave is alright, crow river, and wessys boys werent bad
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i have to say the lakeville looks very strong

i think rave is a bit overrated, theyre not bad but they havent beaten too many good teams and theyve tied some weaker squads.

both wbl good

burnsville

roseville

i play for wessys boys and weve finally picked up the slack, were 8-1 in our last 9 games so i think we can compete. a lot of these teams will be in wbl tournement next weekend. that will be a good tourney
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

crowriver36 wrote:There is a lot of decent teams with no consistency...No great teams...some of the better teams are roseville, edina, both wbl's are decent, rave is alright, crow river, and wessys boys werent bad

i think thats true there isnt alot of consistence but if you look at the district those teams are in theres alot of the better teams so they wont stay consistant cuz alot of the games will be close.

but Lakeville is 11-2 with a lose to WBL in a shootout and a fluke eagan loss where we outshot them by thirty but somehow lost. I think thats kind of consistant,
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Sauce2122 wrote:
crowriver36 wrote:There is a lot of decent teams with no consistency...No great teams...some of the better teams are roseville, edina, both wbl's are decent, rave is alright, crow river, and wessys boys werent bad

i think thats true there isnt alot of consistence but if you look at the district those teams are in theres alot of the better teams so they wont stay consistant cuz alot of the games will be close.

but Lakeville is 11-2 with a lose to WBL in a shootout and a fluke eagan loss where we outshot them by thirty but somehow lost. I think thats kind of consistant,
lakevilles easily the best team in the state....
AVhockey876

Post by AVhockey876 »

Crow river you talk of what you do not know.
You say there is not consistancy but there is in the top teams, they win most of there games. Also you keep dropping your guys names as being a top contender in the state when you havnt proved yourself to even be considered in the top half of the state. You will not be ranked in state because you have close games with the top teams, you actually have to win. You can talk once you beat a team like RAVE or Lakeville. Those two teams will meat in the State championship and you couldnt hang with them for a period.
crowriver36

Post by crowriver36 »

AVhockey876 wrote:Crow river you talk of what you do not know.
You say there is not consistancy but there is in the top teams, they win most of there games. Also you keep dropping your guys names as being a top contender in the state when you havnt proved yourself to even be considered in the top half of the state. You will not be ranked in state because you have close games with the top teams, you actually have to win. You can talk once you beat a team like RAVE or Lakeville. Those two teams will meat in the State championship and you couldnt hang with them for a period.
That was the stupidest most moronic statement I have ever seen. You think there is consistency? You have got to be kidding...Go look at all of the teams scores. I dont even know where to start, holy PLEASE BAN ME....Anyone that can read can tell you that there is no consistency with any team whatsoever...
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

crowriver36 wrote:
AVhockey876 wrote:Crow river you talk of what you do not know.
That was the stupidest most moronic statement I have ever seen. You think there is consistency? You have got to be kidding...Go look at all of the teams scores. I dont even know where to start, holy PLEASE BAN ME....Anyone that can read can tell you that there is no consistency with any team whatsoever...
I'm pretty sure he is reffering to the top teams (Edina, WBL, Lakeville, RAVE, Wayzata). They beat the teams they are supposed to.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Once againg Lakeville is 12-2 with a loss on the second game of the year and a loss to a WBL team in a shootout. how isnt that consistant.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

I will have to second the emotion of Lakeville being the top team in the state, Eagan isn't good and seeing the other teams lakeville beat i can see how it was a fluke, and it was a very good game against WBL at the Albert Lea tourney. I just hope that Lakeville and RAVE play eachother before state. it would be a good game.
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

i think for sure lakeville is a better team then the rave we played them both and got beat 7-1 by lakeville and lossed 3-2 in albert lea to the rave no doubt lakeville will be there come state championship time...
What Can Brown do for You?