junior gold a top team

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Who is gonna finish on top for junior Gold A from what you have seen?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Wessys Boys
29%
Edina
24%
Burnsville
18%
White Bear Lake
29%

Total votes: 17

lance

junior gold a top team

Post by lance »

who will be the top team at the end its already half way through the season
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

None of the above. If you are going to make a list, please do so correctly. Add some of the TOP teams up there. Not just teams that were good years past.
Iraqnam
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I cant believe that Eden Prairie isn't listed as one of the top teams. Countrygentleman, you are absolutely correct. This poll is a joke unless they list ALL the best teams. People better watch out for EP; only one loss on the season....
JGACoach

Post by JGACoach »

I BELIEVE THAT MINNETONKA, EDEN PRAIRIE,JEFFERSON AND EAGAN AND A FEW OTHER TEAMS NEED TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS CONVERSATION.

Lets look at this

WBL lost to EP (4-3) (WBL also beat EP in the tonka tourney)

Jefferson has lost to EP Twice (1-0 and 2-1)

Eagan has lost to EP (2-0) Dont quote me on this score

Jefferson Tied B'ville (3-3)

Jefferson Beat Eagan (2-0)

Tonka Beat B'Ville (4-2)

Eagan Beat WBL (2-1)

Eagan beat B'ville (4-3)

Eagan Beat Tonka (2-0)

AND THESE TEAMS ARE NOT IN THIS POLL. AGAINST YOUR TOP 4 ALL WERE BEATEN BY AT LEAST ONE ON THIS LIST. And Bville and WBL both beat edina.

THere are about 8 top teams so far...
lance

Post by lance »

look at who EP has played in the metro its been a joke and there loss was to Champlin. Who i personally is at the same skill level as Andover and Anoka. EP's scores havent impressed me at all when they play Edina, Wessys, and Jefferson and beat them then they can be on a top junior gold A list but right now beating a weak wayzata team this year and losing to a pathetic pathetic pathetic champlin team then they can get some credit.
lance

Post by lance »

EP did beat jefferson twice i see but i have heard they lost there goalie to JV and EP is only averaging 3 goals a game.....seems they dont have the same offense of last year.....so once a again once you can start average 5 goals a game like wessys and 6 goals a game like edina....you can stop complaining about EP not being up there.
JGACoach

Post by JGACoach »

lance wrote:EP did beat jefferson twice i see but i have heard they lost there goalie to JV and EP is only averaging 3 goals a game.....seems they dont have the same offense of last year.....so once a again once you can start average 5 goals a game like wessys and 6 goals a game like edina....you can stop complaining about EP not being up there.
I agree Lance. EP needs to play Wessys or Edina or B'ville and win. Although i don't agree they need to score 6 goals a game to do it. Some team do it with scoring and others win with defense and hard work. SO lets let EP play their way into the top. BUT you must agree that TONKA AND EAGAN AND JEFFERSON NEED TO BE INCLUDED.
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

Basically there seems to be a group of 8 or 9 teams in the metro that should be on this list. Edina, EP, Jefferson, Tonka, Centennial, Burnsville, Eagan, WBL, Wessys. With some of the scores I've seen I'd say Wessy's right now, although I haven't seen them play. Two big games tonight - EP at Tonka and Burnsville at Jefferson.
RedLight Master

Post by RedLight Master »

I will go out on a limb and say Tonka and Bville win tonight. Wesseys should go far though. From what I have heard around the rink they are a tough group.
easton23

Post by easton23 »

Any word on the tonka game? Jefferson wins a close one with 4 sec left. Neither team really played that great, but it was fun to watch.
IceMan99

Post by IceMan99 »

Minnetonka 3
Eden Prairie 3

It was a great all around hockey game with both teams working hard.

Shots were somewhere around 28-20 in favor of Eden Prairie, with Minnetonka's second goal being a bit controversial as there are some who claim that the player kicked it in.
ninjaslipper

Post by ninjaslipper »

to be honest... edina and wessy's who are the top 2 teams according to metrohockeyleague they haven't played the tough teams.. they've only played the teams that get blown out thats why they have so many goals... so when they start playin the tough teams then put the ranks up... but there is a lot of teams who aren't on here who should be thats for sure...
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I don't know about EP anymore. They only beat Andover by a goal?!! I'm not sure what happened there....
countrygentleman

Metro hockey leagues score is off on that one. Ep won by 2. Three to One. Still, not great looking though.
Iraqnam
countrygentleman

PS, I still haven't voted in this thread because some of the top teams are still missing. Hey Lance, wake up and fix this poll sometime.
Iraqnam
JGACoach

Post by JGACoach »

puckhead77 wrote:I don't know about EP anymore. They only beat Andover by a goal?!! I'm not sure what happened there....
Ya that puzzled me as well. But it looks like EP is not winning any games by blow out. SO i guess that is just their game. Surprising because in the past EP has always won with scoring teams. Well each group is different.

On a side note i noticed that the Jefferson B'Ville score was only 3-2. Therefore i stand by my earlier statement that not every "good" teams needs to score 6 goals a game as was stated by lance earlier.
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

Andover's goalie is actually really good. Sounds like they got him off Varsity or JV a couple weeks ago. Notice in that time their scores are much closer lately!
brave J A

Post by brave J A »

JGACoach wrote:I BELIEVE THAT MINNETONKA, EDEN PRAIRIE,JEFFERSON AND EAGAN AND A FEW OTHER TEAMS NEED TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS CONVERSATION.

Lets look at this

WBL lost to EP (4-3) (WBL also beat EP in the tonka tourney)

Jefferson has lost to EP Twice (1-0 and 2-1)

Eagan has lost to EP (2-0) Dont quote me on this score

Jefferson Tied B'ville (3-3)

Jefferson Beat Eagan (2-0)

Tonka Beat B'Ville (4-2)

Eagan Beat WBL (2-1)

Eagan beat B'ville (4-3)

Eagan Beat Tonka (2-0)

AND THESE TEAMS ARE NOT IN THIS POLL. AGAINST YOUR TOP 4 ALL WERE BEATEN BY AT LEAST ONE ON THIS LIST. And Bville and WBL both beat edina.

THere are about 8 top teams so far...
you make a good point, but we (burnsville) played pathetic in the games you listed, but those teams who have beat us are good teams
Franny's Boy

Post by Franny's Boy »

the andover team has had a tough time because of goalies - they started the season with a goalie that played c bantams last year (FYI he played vs. EP L3-1) then they found another one from Becker/Big Lake for 3-4 games and he struggled as well and quit. Now they have a senior that quit HS in the spring (some say to go out on his own terms) and he is a good goalie. they took third in moorhead beating moorhead and blaine. if you look at their website you'll see they seem to save their best hockey for the weekends!
countrygentleman

Is there a way to put close this thread and converge the two Junior Gold A polls?

Lance, it would be wise to just close this one and make a last post referring all new posts to the other poll. The reason I state that is because the other poll includes a better list of teams and that is where these discussions ought to take place.
Iraqnam