Best Jr Gold B goalies

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

ticklemeblink

Best Jr Gold B goalies

Post by ticklemeblink »

since theres one for A goalies i decided to make one for B

so what do you think?
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

wesley lang for IGH has been on fire as of late.
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Wesley lang has played amazing as of late with not giving up a goal until 130 minutes had been played in the shwans cup

another good goalie out of SSP who doesnt have a very strong team they seem to have an excellent goaltender here are his stats

GAA-2.66
Save % .943
Minnutes 261(entire season)
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

I would have to say No. I have seen this IGH kid several times, he looks uncoordinated.
BB
The Weight Room

Bash Brother wrote:I would have to say No. I have seen this IGH kid several times, he looks uncoordinated.
the way he looks really has nothing to do with whether or not he is good. sloppy, maybe; but good, yes. and note that we said as of late. perhaps if u saw him early on you might have given you a bad first impression. he gave up a total of 2 goals in schwans cup and 5 in the albert lea tournament. not a bad defense in front of him either.
ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink »

nah that wesley kid isnt good
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

ticklemeblink wrote:nah that wesley kid isnt good
Correct, his defense is probably playing well but this kid is not a talented tender. Im sure he works hard and has fun, but not a solid tender.
BB
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

The Weight Room wrote:
Bash Brother wrote:I would have to say No. I have seen this IGH kid several times, he looks uncoordinated.
the way he looks really has nothing to do with whether or not he is good. sloppy, maybe; but good, yes. and note that we said as of late. perhaps if u saw him early on you might have given you a bad first impression. he gave up a total of 2 goals in schwans cup and 5 in the albert lea tournament. not a bad defense in front of him either.
It has everything to do with if he is good or not. If he is playing sloppy at a JGB level and is having success all that tells me is that if he was playing a higher level of competition he would struggle.
The U invented swagger.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
The Weight Room wrote:
It has everything to do with if he is good or not. If he is playing sloppy at a JGB level and is having success all that tells me is that if he was playing a higher level of competition he would struggle.
Gee talk about hittin the nail on the head.
BB
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

irishfan08 wrote:Wesley lang has played amazing as of late with not giving up a goal until 130 minutes had been played in the shwans cup

another good goalie out of SSP who doesnt have a very strong team they seem to have an excellent goaltender here are his stats

GAA-2.66
Save % .943
Well if you wanna see them both:
SSP v.s. IGH
Thursday January 10th 9:20 p.m.
At Wakota Arena
SSP won the first game 5-2
Their goalie had 39 saves in the win
ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
The Weight Room wrote:

yea we played hudson tonight and i didnt play so well we lost 5-3
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Rossbury21 wrote:
irishfan08 wrote:Wesley lang has played amazing as of late with not giving up a goal until 130 minutes had been played in the shwans cup

GAA-2.66
Save % .943
SSP v.s. IGH
At Wakota Arena
yah i kno i play for igh the goalie robbed me a few times hes pretty good...
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

irishfan08 wrote:
Rossbury21 wrote:

GAA-2.66
Save % .943
SSP v.s. IGH
At Wakota Arena
yah i kno i play for igh the goalie robbed me a few times hes pretty good...
Thanks
The Weight Room

igh played like crap last time...doesnt mean SSPs goalie cant win it for them again though...although theres a possibility of a new first line for igh thats pretty good.
The Weight Room

Goldy Gopher wrote:
The Weight Room wrote:
funny thing about that is he isnt playing in a higher level.
duda

Post by duda »

crow rivers...no question...the scores dont show it...but that is the answer to your question hands down...they are the only junior gold goalies a or b that could be varsity goalies...
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

The Weight Room wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
The Weight Room wrote: the way he looks really has nothing to do with whether or not he is good. sloppy, maybe; but good, yes. and note that we said as of late. perhaps if u saw him early on you might have given you a bad first impression. he gave up a total of 2 goals in schwans cup and 5 in the albert lea tournament. not a bad defense in front of him either.
funny thing about that is he isnt playing in a higher level.
For a player to be a top player they must be able to take it to that higher level. The fact that he struggles at this level shows me that he is not a top tender.
BB
The Weight Room

duda wrote:crow rivers...no question...the scores dont show it...but that is the answer to your question hands down...they are the only junior gold goalies a or b that could be varsity goalies...
varsity...wisconsin goalies. if you are from crow river or anywhere in wisconsin, please remove yourself from our forum.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

The Weight Room wrote:
duda wrote:crow rivers...no question...the scores dont show it...but that is the answer to your question hands down...they are the only junior gold goalies a or b that could be varsity goalies...
varsity...wisconsin goalies. if you are from crow river or anywhere in wisconsin, please remove yourself from our forum.
Ill second that.
BB
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

id have to say lakevilles goalie. cory christianson. hes a 6-3, 280 d-1 linemen for football but he happens to be a great goalie as well. hes a good friend of mine.he was the last to get cut from holy angels his sophmore year and decided to never tryout again after that. he could easily be a varsity goalie for weaker schools. hes takin lakeville to #2 in the rankings
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

[quote="WBhockey08"]id have to say lakevilles goalie. cory christianson. hes a 6-3, 280 d-1 linemen for football but he happens to be a great goalie as well. hes a good friend of mine.he was the last to get cut from holy angels his sophmore year and decided to never tryout again after that. he could easily be a varsity goalie for weaker schools. hes takin lakeville to #2 in the rankings[/quote]

He gave in a couple of weak goals against Edina down in Albert Lea, but yeah I'd agree that he is one of the better JGB goalies.

Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to properly quoting a previous post!
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Alright i'm from lakeville and i play on the jr gold team. To put my word in on the best goailes i think that IGH and SSP dont stand a chance against our goalie. And not the one that has already been mentioned. Nick simmons is one of the best. When we play SSP he had a shutout and we put 6 in on their goalie and he let one against IGH when we put in 7 on theirs. his only loss is to WBL in a shootout and we outplayed them they just had two good shots. And to say to the ppl (WBL) who are dissing on lakeville for only having one jr gold team i got this to say.

We have two highschools so we have 4 teams above us. (North Var, jv South Vars, Jv.)
WBL has three teams above their jr gold b team. (varsity, jv, one A team)
Also, we did not cut anyone, the team you see is everyone that tried out and trust me we would have gone to A if our coach new we were getting the kids that got cut. (The South Varsity Coach Kurt Weber cut one of his best). We would put out more teams if we could but we didnt ahve the numbers during tryouts.
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Sauce2122 wrote:Alright i'm from lakeville and i play on the jr gold team. To put my word in on the best goailes i think that IGH and SSP dont stand a chance against our goalie. And not the one that has already been mentioned. Nick simmons is one of the best. When we play SSP he had a shutout and we put 6 in on their goalie and he let one against IGH when we put in 7 on theirs. his only loss is to WBL in a shootout and we outplayed them they just had two good shots. And to say to the ppl (WBL) who are dissing on lakeville for only having one jr gold team i got this to say.

We have two highschools so we have 4 teams above us. (North Var, jv South Vars, Jv.)
WBL has three teams above their jr gold b team. (varsity, jv, one A team)
Also, we did not cut anyone, the team you see is everyone that tried out and trust me we would have gone to A if our coach new we were getting the kids that got cut. (The South Varsity Coach Kurt Weber cut one of his best). We would put out more teams if we could but we didnt ahve the numbers during tryouts.
this lakeville team is a dominating force that runs on all cylinders and i think in a head to head game would destroy the rave...
crowriver36

Post by crowriver36 »

The Weight Room wrote:
you are an idiot...I can guarantee you that they have the best goalies hands down....no one else even compares...have you seen the goalies in this league....almost all of them are in this league because they suck...which is not the case for crow river
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

crowriver you dont need to be saying that that kid is an idiot it just makes you look like a headcase.

But if your from wisconsin and if you can read this forum is a Minnesota Jr gold B forum, and when we talk about the best jr gold b we mean in minnesota, we could care less what wisconsin has.