Little Falls vs Alexandria

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bigfan

Little Falls vs Alexandria

Post by Bigfan »

What are your predictions on this game?
Little Falls 6 Alex 2
slapshot89

Post by slapshot89 »

Is this game tonight (Thursday Dec. 11)? Is it in LF or Alex?
Bigfan

Post by Bigfan »

Friday night in Little Falls.
NewHotness

Post by NewHotness »

Red Birds in OT
EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer »

LF 5 Alex 3

Should be a good one!
bruce06

Post by bruce06 »

both teams are pretty evenly matched. Little falls has more scoring power, Alex has the better goalie, and maybe a little more depth.
Ill take alex 4-3
officeman

Post by officeman »

very interesting match up this year. Probably are the only two teams that will be able to compete in 6A. I gotta take alex 3-2. It is between hemingway and hanowski
joester

Post by joester »

well the alex goalie has not been able to stop little falls in the past I take little falls 5-2
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Sperl and Hemingway look the same in this one. LF wins.
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Little Falls 6 – Alexandria 2
.Marshall

Post by .Marshall »

Update:

Little Falls 1
Alex 0

-Big Ben Hano with the only goal so far

Go Flyers, from all the way down here at Fort Rucker, Alabama! Army Aviation lead the way..!

Give em hell boys.. ! ! !
.Marshall

Post by .Marshall »

Update:

Score @ the End of the 2nd Period

Little Falls 3
Alex 1

- Ben Hanowski, 2 Goals
- Ben Nelson, 1 Goal

Not sure who scored from Alex..
Teak

Post by Teak »

.Marshall wrote:Update:

Score @ the End of the 2nd Period

Little Falls 3
Alex 1

- Ben Hanowski, 2 Goals
- Ben Nelson, 1 Goal

Not sure who scored from Alex..
Actually, it was Ben Nelson with 2 goals and the assist on Hanowski's only goal. Hanowski assisted on one of Nelson's goals.

Gronholz scored for Alexandria, with an assist from Vangsness.
Bigfan

Post by Bigfan »

Final LF 4 Alex 3
Teak

Post by Teak »

Waytashek got game-winning goal with assists from Hanowski and Kalis.

Ben Nelson finished with 2 goals, one assist, and the Pizza Ranch player of the game award (a pizza?). Hanowski had 1 goal and 2 assists.

Waytashek injured in a fight at the end. No player hand-shake line........central Minnesota heats up!
shins

Post by shins »

No, not a fight at the end of the game..... after the horn an Alex player (#36) took a slapshot from around his own goal line and it hit Wesley in the knee. There was a lot of milling around and Cooch did a little yelling (either at the officials or the Alex coach) before sending the boys off the ice with no handshake....... way to wake the sleeping dog Cards!!

One of the worst officiated (or maybe unofficiated) games I have seen in a while. They let a lot of interference and hacking go (and there were missed calls both ways to be fair), but the penalties had to be something like 7-1 in Alex's favor.
Teak

Post by Teak »

So Waytashek, how is he? Minor injury?
bruce06

Post by bruce06 »

I was at the game. The penalties were not really bad calls. It was simply a good physical game that the refs decided to let them play. At the end of the game there was still time on the clock. The player did not need to shoot the puck but he did nothing wrong by shooting it. Being an impartial fan I thought it was a not a very classy act of little falls to "boo" the cardinal players when they were coming off the ice. I saw #2 for little falls flick off an alexandria player and taunt him at the end of the game as well. They are high school players that do not need to be treated with disrespect by fans at the end of the game. It was a puck that hit him and its part of the game. Deal with it!!! Should be a very interesting match up for these two sectional teams. Very even game and fun to watch.
4theloveofthegame

Post by 4theloveofthegame »

what bruce didn't see was after waytashek was on the ground from the shot, an alex bench player hopped off the bench and kicked him in the top of the head... pretty unclassy move if you ask me.... i was pleased with LF's control in not starting a huge brawl after that cheap move...
bruce06

Post by bruce06 »

I think they would have tried to start a brawl if there coaches were not holding them back so that is a very poor point. If kicking someone in the head and stepping on their stick are the same thing then you are right 4thelove. I apologize
NippenTopChed08

Post by NippenTopChed08 »

From what i heard so far, there was a bench clearing brawl, i wasnt there though so im not for sure. I did hear that it was taken control of right away though.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

There was no bench clearing brawl. Wesley got nailed in the side of the knee and from what I hear is on crutches and very stiff and sore, but should be ok.
officeman

Post by officeman »

After watching the game I would say it was simple. Alex got out coached. They had so many oppurtunities on the powerplay and they couldnt bury any of them. Every power play they had a different set of guys out there. This was opposite of the cathedral game from what I saw. If they want it to succeed they need a set unit to rely on. Another thing, they tried to shadow Hanowski but i feel that doesnt work. They gave him to much respect. He is a great player but you cannot take a guy away from your offense just to follow him around. Big thing though is the powerplay. Stick to one unit. Well coached game by little falls and both goalies were great.
NippenTopChed08

Post by NippenTopChed08 »

Officeman you seem to have a pretty good take on the game, Could you give me some insight on how you thought the reffing was?
oldskates66

Post by oldskates66 »

I was also at the LF - Alex game and I was watching the clock at the end then turned to look at the players and saw waytashek start to turn away AFTER the buzzer and that is when the alex player took the slapper that hit him. Also yes after he went down to the ice another alex player came off the bench to the ice and kicked wesley in the head area as he skated by. It was by far the worst officiated game i have ever watched the officials were out of position most of the game and one penalty they didn't know which number committed the infraction, that was on alex's one penalty and LF had 8 or 9. It's too bad because this was a very good matchup on the ice.