Weekly JGA top 10

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

blueblood

Weekly JGA top 10

Post by blueblood »

Here's my top 10 following the Tonka tourney (league and overall record shown where known)

Clear Top 3
#1 - Tonka (3-0-0 / 9-1-0)
#2 - Edina (2-0-0 /4-1-0)
#3 - Wayzata (3-0-0 / 7-1-2)

Next 2
#4 - Burnsville (2-1-2 / 4-1-2)
#5 - EP (1-0-0 / 5-2-1)

Next 1
#6 - SLP (2-1-1 / 2-1-1)

Jumbled Mess
#7 - Jefferson (2-2-1; 3-3-3)
#8 - WBL (1-1-1 / 4-4-2)
#9 - Centennial (2-2-0 / 2-2-0)
#10 - Stillwater (2-2-0 / 3-3-1; missing last game of Duluth Tourney)

Note: We will know where SLP stands after their Edina game this week and Tonka game next week. I just can't put them into top 5 until they play more than 1 top team (B'ville) and I see the results.
Last edited by blueblood on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Like a Champion Today
mp#99

Post by mp#99 »

Jefferson 3 St louis Park 2
blueblood

Jeff vs. SLP

Post by blueblood »

Nice win for Jefferson....
Zamboner69

Post by Zamboner69 »

SLP jefferson game had some extremely poor officials that gave SLP a 5 min major for a questionable knee to knee hit (the reason being only b/c the jefferson was injured) and then called a trip on the goaltender to give jefferson a solid minute of 5 on 3. ended 3 - 2.
blueblood

Refs

Post by blueblood »

Wah, Wah, Wah!!!! The refs did this, the refs did that. A knee to knee is a serious injury and a 5 minute major is warranted. Score more than 2 goals in a game next time if you want a better chance to win.....
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Just a note Lakeville is 2-3-1 which definately is not a record deserving of a top 10 but.... i wouldnt be suprised if that would change.
Of Lakeville 3 losses 2 of them have been to Tonka which noone has been able to beat and one loss was to WBL (3-2)

We tied Burnsville and beat Fort Francis and Wessys tonight....

Not all that impressive but the schedule has been tough so far we will see how things go the next few weeks.

After the top three teams any team can win on any given night.
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

lakeville you may have tied us but we dominated you untill the third because of penalty trouble and our goalie didnt have a very good game. sorry but just cuz you had a tough schedule doesnt mean a turned around record against crappy teams should put you further ahead in rankins. you need to beat those top teams to prove anything
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Jvail...
Idk if you struggle with short term memorie loss or what?
Shots in that game were 29-29
And We had one less penalty than you guys?
It was a close game the whole game

I've been around this league and forum for a long time now and as of now we have to be right their knocking on the doorstep and that's comin from a player who usually doesn't talk his team up like many others on the forum
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

most your shots were on the power play. we lead the game after periods 1 and 2. and also with your shots most came from the blue line on dump ins. im sorry but your not as a good as you think. one bad game by us and you think your good. look at other games against top teams and how well did you so then?
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

[quote="jvail19"]most your shots were on the power play. we lead the game after periods 1 and 2. and also with your shots most came from the blue line on dump ins. im sorry but your not as a good as you think. one bad game by us and you think your good. look at other games against top teams and how well did you so then?[/quote]

Ok let me start off by saying I don't think that my team is that GOOD. It is to early for a team excluding TONKA EDINA WAYZATA EP to be good.
Lakeville is an average squad that can play with most teams including burnsville every night.
I know that everyone on the forum is smart enough to know that the comment.. " also with your shots most came from the blue line on dump ins" is not true. I mean lets be honest when shots are even in a game 99% of the time the game was close and even and that holds true to this game.

You guys have a great team... My buddy Lacemup 17 is a hell of a hockey player and you guys could upset the top teams... all i am saying is that after the top 5 the rest of the teams are very even and we could easily end up falling 6 to 10. After all look at what happened last year as the season went on.

Good luck to all teams should be a great year
CountryGentelman2

Post by CountryGentelman2 »

Tonka defiantly has a very strong squad as you can see from the Tonka vs. Edina game. Edina just couldn't contend and the Tonka forwards walked the D numerous times. Especially #4 on Edina.
JGAstud08

Post by JGAstud08 »

Tonka picks up another state participant from last years varsity squad. This should add even more power to the warriors offense
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

Bragen + Jvail - I thought the score and shots were indicitive of how that game was played. Pretty sloppy by both teams. I wouldn't walk away from that game saying one team was better than the other. Let's face it Jvail, if you give up a goal 4 SECONDS after scoring a goal, you've got things to work on as a team. Bragen, I respect the fair outlooks and observations you have for you squad. Kinda nice not having anther "homer" out here.

OK now, since this game as played almost a month ago, can we move on to talking about current/upcoming games please :)
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Lace
I couldnt agree with you more about the "homer" statement.... I wish the forum was a little more like last year where everyone didnt constantly feel the need to talk up their team!!! Good luck to all over break and we will see how teams stand!!!
blueblood

JGA

Post by blueblood »

Last year's JGA forum included guys like toomanystitches and bardown33, who talked about the league and teams and not about guys pimping themselves and asking who are the JGA all-stars and best JGA D-men.

Most of the rookies to this board pick names like JGAStud08, who pimps out Tonka with statements like "we walked the Edina D-men" or "we hit 10 posts against Stilly or it would have been 14-1; etc.

Here's my advice:

Stick to the facts
Stop pimping yourselves
Stop complaining about refs
(It's only December for god's sake)

- What's the Wayzata JGA, JGB, U-16 brackets like
- Who's gonna win btwn X and Y

When you win the state title in March, then go ahead and pimp yourself, because then you have earned the right to say "We are the BOMB!"
Cake eater

Re: JGA

Post by Cake eater »

blueblood wrote:Last year's JGA forum included guys like toomanystitches and bardown33, who talked about the league and teams and not about guys pimping themselves and asking who are the JGA all-stars and best JGA D-men.

Most of the rookies to this board pick names like JGAStud08, who pimps out Tonka with statements like "we walked the Edina D-men" or "we hit 10 posts against Stilly or it would have been 14-1; etc.

Here's my advice:

Stick to the facts
Stop pimping yourselves
Stop complaining about refs
(It's only December for god's sake)

- What's the Wayzata JGA, JGB, U-16 brackets like
- Who's gonna win btwn X and Y

When you win the state title in March, then go ahead and pimp yourself, because then you have earned the right to say "We are the BOMB!"
agreed quit talking yourself up and start playing your way to the top. quit talking PLEASE BAN ME and play some puck.