Section 8AA Championship 2/29 7pm Moorhead vs. Brainerd

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win Section 8AA?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Moorhead Spuds
61%
Brainerd Warriors
39%

Total votes: 46

Potatohead9

Section 8AA Championship 2/29 7pm Moorhead vs. Brainerd

Post by Potatohead9 »

Who will win Section 8AA Championship?

Moorhead Spuds vs. Brainerd Warriors

Game will be played at Bemidji Sandford arena on Wednesday 7pm.

Section semifinal game winners:

Brainerd 5-2 over Bemidji
Moorhead 3-0 over Roseau

Moorhead won both regular season game 4-1 and 4-0 over Brainerd.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Was surprised brainerd got bemidji today. Archibalds a good coach and Pohlkamp and McLain can really play. I think brainerd will give the spuds all they can handle but Bitzer is a brick wall and I think Moorhead wears em down. Spuds 5-3 in a great game.
Murray Chadwick

Post by Murray Chadwick »

Spuds 4- 1. They will be a dangerous darkhorse rolling into the tourney...
MNhky12

Post by MNhky12 »

Bitzer (Frank Brimsek) will play a stellar game like usual and get his third shut out of the playoffs! Spuds win 4-0
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Way the weather sounds, it'll probably be postponed.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

SPUDNUT wrote:Way the weather sounds, it'll probably be postponed.
Sounds like the Spuds already have this one won :?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Syd Barrett wrote:
Sounds like the Spuds already have this one won :?

Not gonna hold my breath either way.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Maybe.

The winter storm that is coming won't be as bad as anticipated.

8)
The Puck
LGW
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

PuckU126 wrote:
Maybe.

8)
That depends on where you live. Right now they're saying 8-12 inches of snow in Fargo-Moorhead.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
Maybe.

8)
That depends on where you live. Right now they're saying 8-12 inches of snow in Fargo-Moorhead.
True.

St. Cloud may get the most, reaching 12".

8)
The Puck
LGW
slow feet no hands guy

postponed

Post by slow feet no hands guy »

Game has been postponed to Thursday 7pm.
Go Warriors!
Syd Barrett

Re: postponed

Post by Syd Barrett »

slow feet no hands guy wrote:Game has been postponed to Thursday 7pm.
Go Warriors!
Finally the Brainerd Warrior Hockey team will play a game in March for the 1st time in their 40 year history 8-[
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

In 2007, the Section final between Roseau and Moorhead was postponed because of inclement weather. The favored Spuds were then shut out 1 zip and the Rams rolled on to a state title. Not a good omen for the Spuds!
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Green and White Fan wrote:In 2007, the Section final between Roseau and Moorhead was postponed because of inclement weather. The favored Spuds were then shut out 1 zip and the Rams rolled on to a state title. Not a good omen for the Spuds!

Not a good omen for the Sheep either - they won't be there !
no97

Post by no97 »

Can someone tell me the story of why Brainerd looked like District 5 in the semi vs. Bemidji? Mismatched jerseys and numbers that weren't even close to the program... Please tell me some jerseys got lost or destroyed, because I can't respect stupid gamesmanship like switching jerseys of star players (McLean was one, Motchenbacker another) to try to "fool" the other team.
blindref

Post by blindref »

no97 wrote:Can someone tell me the story of why Brainerd looked like District 5 in the semi vs. Bemidji? Mismatched jerseys and numbers that weren't even close to the program... Please tell me some jerseys got lost or destroyed, because I can't respect stupid gamesmanship like switching jerseys of star players (McLean was one, Motchenbacker another) to try to "fool" the other team.
The scoresheet on mn hockey hub shows their correct numbers.
roadtrip

Post by roadtrip »

It was an honest mistake made by the student manager. He thought he had all varsity jerseys but really had a combination of JV and varsity. When we arrived he was outside the arena calling his dad, asking him to bring the right jerseys up to Bemidji. Dad must not have been too keen on driving jerseys two hours, or maybe he did but he just didn't get there in time. I also heard that the Brainerd coach's reaction to having the wrong jerseys was enough to convince anyone within earshot that it wasn't planned.
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Re: postponed

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

Syd Barrett wrote:
slow feet no hands guy wrote:Game has been postponed to Thursday 7pm.
Go Warriors!
Finally the Brainerd Warrior Hockey team will play a game in March for the 1st time in their 40 year history 8-[
Very Funny, but below the belt Syd....
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Spudnut, hang something better than a Runner-Up banner and then come and talk trash! Always a bridesmaid. 2007 still stings doesn't it!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

no97 wrote:Can someone tell me the story of why Brainerd looked like District 5 in the semi vs. Bemidji? Mismatched jerseys and numbers that weren't even close to the program... Please tell me some jerseys got lost or destroyed, because I can't respect stupid gamesmanship like switching jerseys of star players (McLean was one, Motchenbacker another) to try to "fool" the other team.
We in the stands took a little while to figure out the Brainerd studs, but the boys on the bench knew who was who.

It looked a little goofy but that was not the problem for the Jacks.
Last edited by elliott70 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

I heard that they took off all of the numbers on the jerseys for the section final. They must really want to confuse Moorhead and hide McLain, Pohlkamp and the boys.. :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Cornermukker wrote:
I heard that they took off all of the numbers on the jerseys for the section final. They must really want to confuse Moorhead and hide McLain, Pohlkamp and the boys.. :lol:
Ain't no way to hide these boys.....

:D
whos_it

Post by whos_it »

elliott70 wrote:
Cornermukker wrote:
Ain't no way to hide these boys.....

:D
Moorhead won't need to match up with Brainerd. I think the shoe is on the other foot in this case. Brainerd can all wear number 99 and it aint going to make no difference. (nice sentance structure)
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Nice spelling too :) LOL! Before you rip someone make sure you can spell.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

whos_it wrote:Brainerd can all wear number 99 and it aint going to make no difference.
Just looks out for numbers 16, 17 & 18 if the Spuds plan to remain healthy :idea: