Ely Hockey

I35hockey

Ely Hockey

Post by I35hockey »

I have a few inquiries for folks that are close to the hockey program in Ely. I don't need to hear that they suck, they're never going anywhere, why are you typing this, etc.........<br><br>Here we go:<br><br>First, I see they lost 11-0 to Holy Family and to 6-3 Delano, not exactly hockey hotbeds. Also, it appears that the schedule has been greatly lightened from years past in order to try and keep games competitive. <br><br>I guess what I'd like to know is there a light at the end of this current losing trend............in the late 90's/early 00's there was a couple of playoff runs made with the likes of Craig Jankowski, Nick Levar and Bobby Fink leading the way.<br><br>What is the current status of the youth programs.........I assume that they're all playing at the B level, which means blind faith as they beat (if they win), at the minimum, the 13th-25th best players in another teams program.<br><br>What strides are being taken to lay down a solid base for future teams.....I'm not talking about state tourney, but being competitive against the sorounding area.<br><br>Hopefully with the school situation, the program isn't in jeopardy of dying.<br><br>Any and all info would be appreciated and perhaps start a discussion in the community before it's too late! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... 5hockey</A> at: 12/9/05 11:29 am<br></i>
VABlueDevilsfan

Re: Ely Hockey

Post by VABlueDevilsfan »

You should ask Rocketwister about this....<br>My thought--the parents of the seniors on this team have quite a reputation. Not good. They have issues (to be kind).<br>Brian Ensign has been attempting to bring this program together. There have some talent in the program, they have lost some talented players and many kids just don't want to deal with all the Stuff. When you have parents trying to run down kids so their kid gets more playing time, it time to bail.<br>I wish Brian and Mark Stepec the best. Hopefully, the program survives. The community needs something for the kids (what few there are) to do. It seems to be about the mighty dollar and tourism.<br>Just my thoughts from the outside. Thank the Lord! <p></p><i></i>
LookForTheWebbing

Re: Ely Hockey

Post by LookForTheWebbing »

I falls had a couple of kids that would be sophmores or freshmen today that are real good. The one in particular is Youso. Where are they? <p></p><i></i>