Best State Tourney Game Ever

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

edgeless2

Best State Tourney Game Ever

Post by edgeless2 »

7th overtime, it's the best one I have seen. This is the kind of game that highlights are shown of 20 years from now. Undecided as of now but wow this is cool!
MNHockeyFan

Re: Best State Tourney Game Ever

Post by MNHockeyFan »

edgeless2 wrote:7th overtime, it's the best one I have seen. This is the kind of game that highlights are shown of 20 years from now. Undecided as of now but wow this is cool!
Anyone else still watching besides edgeless2 and me? ;)

It's one for the history books for sure.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Hill-Murray will be very happy if the game keeps on going into the wee hours of the morning!
Last edited by MNHockeyFan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy01

Re: Best State Tourney Game Ever

Post by Roy01 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:7th overtime, it's the best one I have seen. This is the kind of game that highlights are shown of 20 years from now. Undecided as of now but wow this is cool!
Anyone else still watching besides edgeless2 and me? ;)

It's one for the history books for sure.
45 stopped the stream... I've been trying to follow it on the hockeyhub but it's a little slow. Keep updating!
redlightclub

Post by redlightclub »

msbn has live audio
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

redlightclub wrote:msbn has live audio
I had my feed for the whole game. Very disappointed in the non-review of the game winner. Really looked like the game winner was knocked in by a glove. Hard to see Lakeville North lose on a play like that unless it was actually reviewed without the announcers knowledge, but they made it sound like it didn't get reviewed. Should be interesting to see how Tonka comes out tomorrow night.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Winner was a rebound off the body. Legit goal. If history holds Tonka will have nothing left in the tank. The gal who scored the goal is awesome she probably played half the game and still went hard to the net to get the winner. The goal was especially flukey which was too bad considering the effort both teams put up.
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Goal was legit with no glove, rebounded off the body. Officials reviewed at least once, but I think twice, as they did a quick review, pointed to the net as a goal, then appeared to do a longer review and it was upheld. It seemed an odd bounce, so my eyes were peeled on the scorer's table to see what they might do.

It seemed this game was destined to be decided by a flukey goal. Both teams had chances and both goalies made incredible saves. Both teams were utterly gassed and their effort was phenomenal, playing 2 lines for most of the 3rd through infinity periods.

H-M is thanking their lucky stars to play a depleted Tonka team, but it should still be a good game.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

I didn't understand why Tonka was shooting high when the would get around the D wide, so when they shot low they finally get the rebound goal. They never could really get inside LN's box.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:I didn't understand why Tonka was shooting high when the would get around the D wide, so when they shot low they finally get the rebound goal. They never could really get inside LN's box.
Whoopsie....t.v must need adjusting. LN blocked 33 shots and gave up another 60. Tonka shot low for about 5 periods since their first couple goals got the goalie low. LN also had many great scoring opportunities. Nothing but great things to say about game, just happy I was "ringside".
Bandy

Post by Bandy »

Wow! A walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the 9th! Congrats to both teams on a great game!

I'd say LN's goalie, Cassie Alexander, was the star of the game, stopping 59 shots!

I seriously doubt the Championship game can top this. But you should go anyway & support Girls HS Hockey at its best.

Game Summary & Box Score:
http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/sh ... son=101743
GopherFanARM

Post by GopherFanARM »

edgeless2 wrote:If history holds Tonka will have nothing left in the tank.
I thought that the Apple Valley boys would have nothing left after their marathon semi versus Duluth East in the '90s, but that isn't how it played out. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. I'm expecting a good game tonight.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

People always rip on "girls" hockey. I have to say that game was probably one of the best games I have seen in a long time. Both teams skate well, good goaltending, but what I saw was the excellent passing all through the game. I was hoping that LN would have pulled out the win but as far as my opinion they both are winners.....Congrats to both teams.