section 6AA

chawks0500

section 6AA

Post by chawks0500 »

who will be the section 6AA champ for next year? <p></p><i></i>
koren808

Re: section 6AA

Post by koren808 »

Jefferson will repeat with Austin Lee and Josh Levine leading the way. <p>-------------------<br><br>"75 percent of the world is covered by water. The rest is covered by Smoot." --Fred Smoot<br></p><i></i>
puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 »

I don't think Jefferson will have the fire power to win the lake or the secion next year. Most of the people in Jeffeson knew that last year was their year to make a run at the title. <br><br>They lost a number of top players and will have a hard time filling those spots.<br><br>Lee is a good goalie and with a defense that is not as strong as they were last season, you will see Lee struggle a little bit more. <br><br>Levine is solid and will help a ton, but I don't think he himself will be able to carry the team.<br><br>They will need Dieter to really step it up and the coaching staff will need to have scoring production significantly increased by their role players to be a contender next season.<br><br>Look to see Jefferson be a good team and will finish in the top 3 in the lake. They will make a good showing in the sections, but will fall short of another trip to state.<br><br>Eden Prairie is in the same boat that Jefferson is, not a lot of super stars, however, I think EP will have more depth and a slight more talent.<br><br>Chaska will improve and I think that Apple Valley will contend too.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chawks0500

Defense

Post by chawks0500 »

does Jefferson have any returning Defensemen from last year? <p></p><i></i>
BCoop1080

Jefferson D

Post by BCoop1080 »

yea i believe that both Dieter and Roberts were only juniors this year, so unless they go somewhere else they will have two returning D... How will jefferson be next year? <p></p><i></i>
analyzethis

Post by analyzethis »

Eden Prairie is not at all in the same boat as Jefferson. Lets break it down<br><br>Forwards: about the same returning talent wise no big super studs like overman or Hansen<br><br>Defence: Jefferson returns there 2nd best all around defence, because he has a scoring puch. EP has Lau returning not the best hands, not that quick, but has hockey sense<br><br>Goalies: Austin lee started all the games for Jefferson<br> Brooks or Kramer started i think 2 or 3 games and kramer i remeber watching the game he got pulled. EP is going to need someone to fill in the void of Dodds and jefferson has a returning goalie with experience.<br><br>My prediction: Ep will struggle a lot in the begining of the season, while Jefferson I believe will not be as strong but will dominate the defencesive side of the ice<br><br>REMEBER defence and goalies win championships, Eden Prairie might remeber this well when Jefferson shut them out in the section finals <p></p><i></i>
BrokenStick06

Post by BrokenStick06 »

Over the years, the group of kids who will be seniors and juniors comprising EP and Jefferson's teams have matched up very well. I think the Lake Conference is no giveaway for any team. It will boil down to the head to head matchups between the supposed favorites and then who gets upset. In the Lake that can kill your season hopes. And I agree with Puckhead that Chaska and Apple Valley could be in the mix along with who knows. Every team is going to have to play consistent hockey to even think about Sections. I am curious though, since EP and Jefferson got thrown into this thread, what were their respective JV records this past year? That could shed some light on the upcoming year too. <p></p><i></i>
puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 »

I heard that they were similar in records - I think Jefferson started out slow, then picked up the pace in the end.<br><br>I think EP was pretty consistent and posted a pretty solid record - only a few loses.<br><br>I agree with an earlier post - I do think that Jefferson has an advantage in nets due to experience, however, I think it is only a slight advantage. Both Kremer and Brooke will be solid for EP. Kremer is lot like Lee, very technical, although Kremer may be a little more athletic and Lee more experience. Brooke is one of the most athletic goalies in the Lake.<br><br>Defense: It will be intersting this year. Yes Jefferson has 2 players coming back, but so does EP. Lau ended up being one of the consistent D's on the team. Also will play in the Elite League this fall. EP also has Schemelze and Luzich Both lettered and have great size<br><br>Schmelzle saw lot of ice - not much less then Robert and Luzich played both forward and D during the season.<br><br>I think EP will have more size and Jefferson will benefit EP during the season, and Jefferson's speed will help contain EP forwards, especially if they both meet at Mariucci again.<br><br>Forwards: I like EP in this category. EP will have more depth and speed. Jefferson has Levine who will be one of the fastest in the Lake, but will be unable to carry the offenense by himself. <br><br>I do think these two teams will be in the hunt for the title this season. Next years Seniors and Juniors on these 2 teams have a long history of great games. <br><br>Should be fun. <p></p><i></i>
chawks0500

Jefferson

Post by chawks0500 »

I think Chaska is going to take down section 6AA, but Jefferson will be good...they have two full lines of returning forwards and 2 returning D and Lee at goalie...EP should be good too. How will Edina be? <p></p><i></i>