WHY MOST PEOPLE CAN'T STAND CEC HOCKEY

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

WHY MOST PEOPLE CAN'T STAND CEC HOCKEY

Post by kniven »

....why is this? I've been a fan since 2009 of the Lumberjacks. Am I missing something here. I guess I really don't care, but I would like to know the reasons anyway.
kniven

Re: WHY MOST PEOPLE CAN'T STAND CEC HOCKEY

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:....why is this? I've been a fan since 2009 of the Lumberjacks. Am I missing something here. I guess I really don't care, but I would like to know the reasons anyway.
I did live in Duluth East up in the woodland area from 1997 - 2007. I loved Duluth East Hockey and Mike Randolph. I really wasn't aware of hockey in Cloquet (i'm not originally from Minnesota). The games I did go to between East and Cloquet. I guess I thought Cloquet was dirty and a little Hick town south of Duluth that always seemed to want to be us. They couldn't compete with us and they were just kidding themselves. A small town competing with big schools just didn't make sense to me.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I thought Esse was a very good coach that made the most of the talent.
With that in mind I have really enjoyed CEC Lumberjack hockey.
They are not on my 'hate list'.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I wasn't aware that CEC had anymore haters than anyone else. When I think of Cloquet hockey I think of them as another solid Minnesota program.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:I wasn't aware that CEC had anymore haters than anyone else. When I think of Cloquet hockey I think of them as another solid Minnesota program.
Me too! Actually my association lost a good player to Cloquet a few years ago and I didn't like it at all. But now that he's there I check on the team and I've become a fan and hope they do well.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

The Wolfman loves CEC hockey. The Wolfman hates Hermantown though and will forever. Merry Christmas everyone..
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Don't have a clue where this subject ever came from - would bet a dollar to a donut there are more Tater haters than CEC haters. Always enjoy it when they show up on the Taters' schedule (like this Friday). Some good ones have come outa there (Langenbruner, Juntinen, etc). Good Finlander country. Which reminds me - anyone know why the Swedes can't eat fish ?

Cause they can't S _ _ _ the Fins !

Sorry - got too much time on my hands.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

SPUDNUT wrote:Don't have a clue where this subject ever came from - would bet a dollar to a donut there are more Tater haters than CEC haters.
Got that right.
Hate em but cheer for em sometimes.

At the state tourney to cheer for the Jacks.
Jacks student body before the game start a chant,
"We hate Moorhead!"
Guy next to me says, "You know you are not playing Moorhead."
Resposne, "Yes, but we still hate them."
Last edited by elliott70 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

SPUDNUT wrote:Don't have a clue where this subject ever came from

The originator of this thread is just looking for some attention.
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

I don't know that they are hated that much. As a perennial 4th seed behind East, Rapids, and ER in 7AA they just going are not to get either the positive or negative attention.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:....why is this? I've been a fan since 2009 of the Lumberjacks. Am I missing something here. I guess I really don't care, but I would like to know the reasons anyway.
I did live in Duluth East up in the woodland area from 1997 - 2007. I loved Duluth East Hockey and Mike Randolph. I really wasn't aware of hockey in Cloquet (i'm not originally from Minnesota). The games I did go to between East and Cloquet. I guess I thought Cloquet was dirty and a little Hick town south of Duluth that always seemed to want to be us. They couldn't compete with us and they were just kidding themselves. A small town competing with big schools just didn't make sense to me.
Post a question...then be the first to answer it. I don't get it.

Anyway...I don't see a lot of hate on here for CEC, nor do I sense it in the hockey community.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Knivsy is having another mild spell. Cloquet has always been well liked in this area. Blue Collar program that opts up and competes with the Big Boys. The Chicken Hawks have the market cornered on Hate up here. Don't see that changing any time soon.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

The only reason I can think of that one would dislike CEC hockey, aside from being a fan of one of their rivals, is the off ice drama that has occurred over the past few seasons. It has brought way too much unwanted attention to a program that currently features some of its best talent in the last decade. But overall East and Hermantown are far more hated in that area of the state.

As a personal aside, we scrimmaged CEC prior to the start of the 1991-92 season, and playing defense against that top line was one of the most terrifying experiences of my hockey career.
norcon

Post by norcon »

Personally, I’ve always respected and admired coach Esse, his staff and teams. Very hard working and well-mannered young men from what I saw when they visited Rapids. I must admit I am getting a little tired of hearing how good the current group of high school players were as peewees and bantams. Time to move on and prove it at the high school level.
Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo »

How can anybody hate a squad with such fresh sweaters?
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Corn Cobb wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:Don't have a clue where this subject ever came from

The originator of this thread is just looking for some attention.
SPOT ON!!!! More people probably tired of originator of this thread then CEC hockey.
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

Pity patry much, Kniven? Nobody hates CEC. Sadly, they are hardly ever relavent. Maybe consider going back to "A" where they belong? No shame in playing with similar size schools
grindiangrad-80

Blue Collar program that opts up and competes with the Big Boys. The Chicken Hawks have the market cornered on Hate up here. Don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm pretty sure the Chicken Hawks opt up and compete with the Big Boys.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Blue Collar program that opts up and competes with the Big Boys. The Chicken Hawks have the market cornered on Hate up here. Don't see that changing any time soon.

Wrong Hawks Grindian. We have the Thunder Hawks from Rapids and the Chicken Hawks from Hermantown.
grindiangrad-80

Jeffy95 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Blue Collar program that opts up and competes with the Big Boys. The Chicken Hawks have the market cornered on Hate up here. Don't see that changing any time soon.

Wrong Hawks Grindian. We have the Thunder Hawks from Rapids and the Chicken Hawks from Hermantown.
Oh oh. My bad.
Hula Papa

Post by Hula Papa »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Oh oh. My bad.
Getting off topic but with Grand Rapids High School Enrollment over 1,000 doesn't that consider them a big boy? I mean sure the really big schools are in the 2000's and pushing up to 3000 but I would say if your enrollment is over 1,000, you are a big boy. Not being a big boy competing with the big boys would be Roseau in the 300's. The AA cut off is in the 1,200 range but just because you are under that I do not think you are considered a small school.
Just my opinion.

Oh and Im not sure Ive heard people openly speak about hatred for CEC. Like never. I think there is no hate towards them and they are respected in the North.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

kniven wrote:
Wait, what? You've been a fan since 2009 and don't really care, then go on to say they're dirty wannabes?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

elliott70 wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:Don't have a clue where this subject ever came from - would bet a dollar to a donut there are more Tater haters than CEC haters.
Got that right.
Hate em but cheer for em sometimes.

At the state tourney to cheer for the Jacks.
Jacks student body before the game start a chant,
"We hate Moorhead!"
Guy next to me says, "You know you are not playing Moorhead."
Resposne, "Yes, but we still hate them."

Wow -fantastic job of stickin' to the subject (CEC hockey). Must be some kinka journalist !
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

We hate Moorhead!

(Not really but it sounds better than we hate CEC.)
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

And now we hate Hula Papa too.
You should have stopped at 4 posts!