Roseau vs Warroad

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jdh

Roseau vs Warroad

Post by jdh »

The Warriors prevail with a 5-0 win over their ancient rivals, the Ram of Roseau.
Joe2015

Re: Roseau vs Warroad

Post by Joe2015 »

Were you there? Was the score indicative of the actual play?
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

Shots were 28-27 in favor of the Rams.

Roseau #1 team in AA. Warroad now #1 in the state. Warroad has Hermantown coming up, should be a good one.
lakescountrylife

Post by lakescountrylife »

StanleyCup55 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:44 am Roseau #1 team in AA. Warroad now #1 in the state. Warroad has Hermantown coming up, should be a good one.
Slow down there. Warroad hasn’t beaten Hermantown yet. And it is possible the top two teams in the state are Class A teams.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

The game took a major change with about 8:30 left in the second. With the score at zeros and Roseau with almost 2 minutes left of 5 minute power play (head contact call against Warroad), a Roseau player appears to be tripped with the puck in the offensive zone. The trip?? turns the puck over and the Warroad player takes it the length on a breakaway and scores short handed. The Roseau player who believes he was tripped loses his cool and skates towards the ref giving him his take on the possible trip. As the ref stops the Roseau kid doesn't and bumps the official, which leads to a 2 and 10. If the trip is called Roseau goes on a 2 man power play for nearly two minutes, without the call Warroad scores, Roseau loses what is left of the power play and loses a top forward for 12 minutes. TO me the Rams never recovered from that. In real time I was not certain Warroad's hit warranted a 5 and I was certain the refs blew a very easy tripping call. When watching on replay I now believe the 5 was warranted, but not certain if a trip should have been called or not. Warroad is very good at collapsing in the D zone, they blocked a ton of shots. They get sticks in the passing lanes and disrupt things, all that with having a very good goalie. If they play that style the rest of the year, they will be a tough team to beat. Shots were even. I know Warroad is not a 5 goal better team than Roseau, but they were last night. Congrats on a solid win.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Good recap. Some games turn on those little moments.
Be kind. Rewind.
jdh

Post by jdh »

Joe2015 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:23 am Were you there? Was the score indicative of the actual play?
No, shots were about even, Warroad maybe two more.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Green , yes that was a crazy sequence , but give Lund credit on the breakaway and a good move on Christianson . And give credit to Hard for the quick shot on the 2nd goal from the low slot

Third period . Had nothing to do with the second . Like you say , the Warriors shut down the Rams high scoring boys with good hustle and stick work and picked up 3 of their own . Slukynsky had a solid night

Based on last year when Roseau gave the first one up at home , I would expect they will regroup and be favored in the second one at Warroad later this month